Our Escape 23 entered production today - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2023, 01:00 AM   #1

Trailer: 23' Escape 1st Edition ready for pick-up
Our Escape 23 entered production today

We were notified that our trailer entered production today, with the planned delivery date 1/4/24. As this is our first trailer bought before production, I'm wondering if any of you, especially anyone who is ahead of us in this Escape 23 process or gone through the production stages for other models has any tips for us navigating the process.

We went through all the decisions to make on options for our unit and we were told we would be getting photos once the floor is laid, but I'm wondering if we should be doing anything else during this process. We saw other models at an outdoor recreation show this past summer, and have been in communication with the team regularly as we finalized our plans to purchase this unit.

With the upcoming holiday season and other obligations we weren't planning a trip to Chilliwac during the build. We live a bit over 4 hours away on the Olympic Peninsula.
cheryle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 07:31 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryle View Post

but I'm wondering if we should be doing anything else during this process.
Congratulations on ordering your E23.

Nope, the hard work is done. Sit back and relax. You'll enjoy getting those photos and seeing it come together.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:05 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Welcome to the forum, Cheryl, and congrats on your impending E23!

As you get those build-pics, please post them here so we can all share in your excitement:

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...yond-8031.html

(^ the build-pics thread)
Old 11-16-2023, 08:27 AM   #4

Trailer: 21
Now comes the time of getting to know your Amazon delivery person on a first name basis lol ��. After a little while you’ll start seeing grooves in your driveway from all the deliveries
Old 11-16-2023, 08:29 AM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
#1. Figure out how you are going to pay for the trailer.

#2. Start collecting you lawn chair, pot and pans, bedding, etc.

#3. When they send pictures, down load the pictures for your files, ETI deletes the file after a while.

#4. Start booking camp sites

#5 Sit back and relax, they isn’t really anything else you have to do till you pick up the trailer.

Not sure if things have changed recently but this past year they no longer allowed factory tours.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 12:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Congratulations on ordering your E23.
Thanks Ron. I love the your photo of the vintage warplane. I used to volunteer at Oshkosh every summer working vintage flightline OPs. Got to see lots of great planes.
Old 11-16-2023, 12:17 PM   #7

occer
1. Just sold our previous trailer, have the funds in the bank ready.
2.packed the contents of previous camper in labeled bins for restocking the Escape. Also have unused camping "stuff" when we downsized to our last 23' camper from a 28' one. After we stock the Escape can sell/donate what we don't need.
3.Thanks for the info about where to put the photos. I've not had time to explore this site yet.
4. Already have some camping planned and paid for the offseason WA State Park pass so can camp for free without hookups and for $10/day with hookups during the off season in any state parks. Will be checking them out. Just visited Deception Pass SP.
5. We've watched enough videos about builds so the factory tour being unavailable isn't a problem.
Old 11-17-2023, 12:18 AM   #8

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Our E23 is planned for a 1/4/24 pickup, too.

We ordered it without a mattress as we will bring a custom mattress with us.

Also with manual jack as we will install a Bulldog electric jack.

We will bring a Blue Ox Swaypro WDH. We had one on our 21C and really liked it.

Currently working with ETI on a custom graphic.

Are you shooting for a 1/4/24 pickup?
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 02:28 PM   #9

Escape 23 Payment

Just wondering how folks who live in the US are transferring money for new model pickup in Canada. We just got the notification today that the funds need to be there in advance (we thought we'd be bringing a certified check with us). We're due to pick up on the 15th, so the timing is short for getting a certified check mailed out.

Escape's email:

Certified Cheque – This is either a Bank Draft (Canadian Customers) OR a Cashier’s Check (US Customers)

Should be made payable to Escape Trailer Industries.
Please do not mail cheques. We strongly encourage you to use a Courier such as UPS, FedEx as mail time from the East Coast is averaging 3-4 weeks and mail from the West Coast is averaging 2 weeks.
Wire Transfer (WT) – Once a WT has been processed please ensure you email us here and provide us with the following information:

The date the WT was initiated.
The amount
A copy of the WT confirmation (If possible)
Old 01-02-2024, 04:26 PM   #10

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Just wondering how folks who live in the US are transferring money for new model pickup in Canada.
I didn't pick up in Canada but still had to get payoff funds to ETI in advance of delivery.

I used the offered Bank-to-Bank Wire Transfer. ETI provided detailed written instructions which my small-town bank had no problem executing, and IIRC receipt was acknowledged by ETI the next day.

My bank did not charge for the transfer but ETI's bank did (!?! perhaps they have stopped that irritating fee-for-payment). Even with that it was cheaper and IMO more secure than a FedEx-delivered check.

Interesting to me that big internet Synchrony Bank would not transfer funds out of the US, but they had no problem making the transfer to my local bank (thence that bank transferred to ETI's bank in CA).

Hey, congrats on your new Escape! . .
Old 01-02-2024, 04:55 PM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Just wondering how folks who live in the US are transferring money for new model pickup in Canada. We just got the notification today that the funds need to be there in advance (we thought we'd be bringing a certified check with us). We're due to pick up on the 15th, so the timing is short for getting a certified check mailed out.

Escape's email:

Certified Cheque – This is either a Bank Draft (Canadian Customers) OR a Cashier’s Check (US Customers)

Should be made payable to Escape Trailer Industries.
Please do not mail cheques. We strongly encourage you to use a Courier such as UPS, FedEx as mail time from the East Coast is averaging 3-4 weeks and mail from the West Coast is averaging 2 weeks.
Wire Transfer (WT) – Once a WT has been processed please ensure you email us here and provide us with the following information:

The date the WT was initiated.
The amount
A copy of the WT confirmation (If possible)
We did a bank/wire transfer to the bank ETI uses. They provided all of the codes we needed. We emailed the codes to our credit union and they sent the money easy peasy. Seemed like something they did on a daily basis. Went through overnight with no issues. I think if you take even a bank check, they will wait for it to clear before turning the trailer over to you but that may have changed.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 10:47 PM   #12

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
Advice

Hi cheryle,

You are getting a great amount of information here from great folks and I'd like to add what I've experienced with my purchase this past year.

Payment...... Do yourself a favor, wire-transfer from US to Canada is the way to go. I myself had no faith in the postal service Fedex and UPS, way to much of a risk I thought with the amount of transfer. My bank did the transfer with the information that ETI supplied to me and the whole payment thing was taken care of in less than 24hrs. Good luck..

Pictures..... Enjoy your first baby pics, you'll be more than excited.
Word of advice.... Don't just glance over them, really study them to see that your options are there. In my case, I added the two storage doors on the front left and right. However when I received my first pics I noticed that one hatch had not been cut out and it should have at that stage because all the others cut outs were there but this one.
If you see something...... call as soon as you can to let them know and they will take care of right away as they did for me and the extra hatch showed up in my next set of pics. Save all your pics.
I use my pics to locate wall braces and other things for when I add modification to my trailer. Big help in locating anchor points and such.

Pics are good to show a potential buyer if you ever go to sell. Give the buyer an idea as to how well your trailer was constructed.

Congrats on your E23......
Cheers..... and Happy Trails to ya.....
Jack
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:29 AM   #13

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack sparrow View Post
Save all your pics. I use my pics to locate wall braces and other things for when I add modification to my trailer. Big help in locating anchor points and such.
Great advice.