Parts Store - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #1

Trailer: 22' 17B
Parts Store

Hello all, I am a prospective Escape 17b buyer and was wondering about something that perhaps you all could clarify for me.

I noticed that some of Escapes main competitors, Scamp and Casita both have online parts stores that can be used for repairs and upgrades. I cant seem to find anything like that from Escape. I also know that they don't perform service or upgrades anymore, outside of warranty work, also like competitors. I understand the focus is on pushing out more new trailers but I'm concerned that after you drive off the lot their support may be a little lacking.

Is there at least a parts catelogue owners get to order parts directly from ETI?
Sean2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:50 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Can't think of a part you would need that isn't widely available at a Camping World near you, or an automotive parts store, or on the internet.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:28 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Can't think of a part you would need that isn't widely available at a Camping World near you, or an automotive parts store, or on the internet.
Yeah, other than the frame and interior wood pieces, I'd rather shop locally, Amazon Prime or other places on the internet. Escape didn't manufacture 99% of the parts used to build an Escape trailer, they bought those parts elsewhere, so can you.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:00 PM   #4

Yeah I guess it's part just convenience of having all the compatible parts all being in one spot so you don't have to go hunting for part numbers, but I am also referring to parts that are specific to Escape, like the interior wood panels, seat cushions, fold up shelves, cabinets and cabinet doors etc.

Two things I may forgoe initially for weight purposes would be the a/c and front storage box. While its easy enough to find a compatible a/c wherever rv parts are sold, I would like to know I can purchase the box without resorting to the second hand market where it would probably be fairly hard to find.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:12 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The front box is custom made for your Escape and very beneficial to it's use.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
I'd buy the box on the build sheet.. to order it later would be a substantial shipping charge from Clliliwack to Virginia.
I agree you can source AC later
Old 09-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
I'd buy the box on the build sheet.. to order it later would be a substantial shipping charge from Clliliwack to Virginia.
That's a good point. I suppose if it's not hard to remove, I could store it until I want to use it.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:48 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean2a View Post
...I am also referring to parts that are specific to Escape, ....seat cushions....
ETI doesn't make the upholstery products, they've contracted with a third party. They'll share the name of the company with you if you care to contact them directly.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 05:02 PM   #9
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
If we feel we are in need of a part and we can't find it online (via Amazon, etrailer, or wherever) we have have been successful by sending ETI's part department a quick email describing our need and asking them about how to get a part/item we need. So far, we are happy to report that they have always responded within a day or two and they either send us an online link or some sort of information or number to the part we were looking for OR they were surprisingly able to send us the part directly.

For instance, when my husband decided he wanted to install a 2000W inverter, they helped us by providing us with all the information on the parts they would have used. That was very helpful. We then, ordered everything we wanted online and installed it ourselves. For smaller things like the Oak tape or an extra flip up table, ETI simply sent them to us directly. But again, most things are outsourced, so your future 17B's primary parts department will probably be 'online' with the helpful guidance of ETI and/or this amazing forum. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:57 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
I second that suggestion

Quote:

The front box is VERY, very useful, to me. I built my own (bought my rig used, w/o a box). Unless you're towing with a marginally rated and capable vehicle, forget about a weight consideration. You can control some aspects of that, as in running with empty tanks and not taking a lot of "stuff" along, that often doesn't get used or is forgotten about that you even brought.
If weight and mileage is your consideration, forget that one too. Pennies of a difference with weight. Frontal area of the rig is likely much more important. Ever hold you hand out the window driving down the hi-way, palm vertical and facing the airstream? Big effect there.

Both these items are noticeably less expensive to get from the start. "Pay me now, or pay me more later", as some say. Weight or $$$$. It's your call.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:20 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 17A
Here's a resource I haven't seen mentioned on the forum:
https://jrproducts.net
A source of RV parts and accessories. They have, for example, the latches for the front storage box.
noblets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
If we feel we are in need of a part and we can't find it online (via Amazon, etrailer, or wherever) we have have been successful by sending ETI's part department a quick email describing our need and asking them about how to get a part/item we need. So far, we are happy to report that they have always responded within a day or two and they either send us an online link or some sort of information or number to the part we were looking for OR they were surprisingly able to send us the part directly.

For instance, when my husband decided he wanted to install a 2000W inverter, they helped us by providing us with all the information on the parts they would have used. That was very helpful. We then, ordered everything we wanted online and installed it ourselves. For smaller things like the Oak tape or an extra flip up table, ETI simply sent them to us directly. But again, most things are outsourced, so your future 17B's primary parts department will probably be 'online' with the helpful guidance of ETI and/or this amazing forum. -Bea
Thank you for the response. Those were some helpful examples of the kind of customer support I was wondering about
Old 09-03-2021, 07:52 AM   #13

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
If we feel we are in need of a part and we can't find it online (via Amazon, etrailer, or wherever) we have have been successful by sending ETI's part department a quick email describing our need and asking them about how to get a part/item we need. -Bea
I agree with this point as I have done the same thing. Hi Bea!

I had to replace a couple of hinges that literally ripped apart. I called ETI and they sent me to Home Depot. I actually found a superior hinge, matching the same look, and replaced a couple. Keeping a couple as spares too.

Next I am going to put a gas piston on the big door under the sink. I hope!

BTW, I have no idea how an overhead cabinet could experience the amount of shear that these pictures suggest. I will say this; keep you hinges screwed down and check them from time to time.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2024.jpg   IMG_2027.jpg   IMG_2022.jpg  
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:04 AM   #14

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
They might not even ship the front box. I tried to get a box a few years back and they wouldn't ship it...even with a group of trailers coming to the east coast. Granted this was when Reace was at the helm so it's worth a conversation with Escape.

Sourcing the A/C later is a better idea anyway as it would allow the owner to put on a better unit than Escape uses. The Houghton 9500 BTU available from Rec Pro is gaining popularity and would be perfect for an Escape 17. Much quieter than Dometic and Coleman units and sized right for a small trailer to prevent short-cycling.
www.recpro.com/rv-air-conditioners/
Old 09-03-2021, 09:19 AM   #15

The front storage box is only attached to the A frame, right? Not the trailer itself. Checking if it’s it’s easy to attach / remove.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:23 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
The front storage box is only attached to the A frame, right? Not the trailer itself. Checking if it’s it’s easy to attach / remove.
It is attached to the frame itself, not sure where "A" and "B" connect? But it is a bolt on connection.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:04 AM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Windows

Ok- so here's something I just went through: after having my rear window broken I ordered one from Lippert- which bought Hehr Window. Took 5 weeks to get and they sent me a 20 x 48 instead of a 48 x 20 ( so the drain vents were on the side vs. bottom) AND it had a defect in the outer rubber seal. Even after admitting their mistake it was back of the line for another window.

Reached out to Escape and I had a replacement in 3 days! And instead of a flimsy cardboard box it was Luan. A work of art really. And finally- the window from Escape now uses an attached foam ring vs. having to get the right kind of butyl and apply that around the perimeter so the installation was easy.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:49 AM   #18

Trailer: 2011 17B
Quote:
Yeah I guess it's part just convenience of having all the compatible parts all being in one spot so you don't have to go hunting for part numbers, but I am also referring to parts that are specific to Escape, like the interior wood panels, seat cushions, fold up shelves, cabinets and cabinet doors etc.

Two things I may forgoe initially for weight purposes would be the a/c and front storage box. While its easy enough to find a compatible a/c wherever rv parts are sold, I would like to know I can purchase the box without resorting to the second hand market where it would probably be fairly hard to find.
I would highly recommend keeping the front box...I couldn't live without it! It stores all your essentials for set up and take down as well as your axe, firewood, hoses...you get the idea. Forgo the A/C if you like but not the front storage box! Just my two bits...
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:03 AM   #19

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
storage box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
I would highly recommend keeping the front box...I couldn't live without it! It stores all your essentials for set up and take down as well as your axe, firewood, hoses...you get the idea. Forgo the A/C if you like but not the front storage box! Just my two bits...

I agree, completely.

As I'd earlier posted, I bought used without a box and built my box, using mostly left over materials from other projects. Exterior plywood is "bending ply" and all surfaces coated with clear marine epoxy and varnished . It works great and is super useful. Could have painted it white to match, but I'm a woodchuck and like the appearance and contrast. At $1K or thereabouts, I am too frugal to pop for this accessory from Escape, but if I was ordering new, I'd get one. Forget about EVER finding a used one. There are metal after-market versions available that would work, but I needed a winter project that year, so built mine. There's a write-up on this box fabrication in this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
.jpg  
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:15 AM   #20

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
I would always contact ETI parts if I needed something. Recently I asked if they had replacement rock shield pads that fasten to the front corners of my 2010 17B. After a few days they said they had a few left in stock and would send them. Prevented me from having to go to an upholstery shop to have them custom made. Price was reasonable too.

Great customer service from ETI Parts and Elaine.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote