Planned Trips in 2024? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2024, 06:36 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
I loved my challenging and stimulating career until the job environment changed and the thrill was gone. With a great deal of trepidation I retired at age 55 in 2008. I can now say without reservation it was the best thing for me. Approaching 72 I'm now having to admit that I'm not as physically capable / confident as I once was, the last 15 years in retirement while physically robust have been among my most enjoyed years to date (with hopefully more to come ).

YMMV, wishing everyone the best in finding a scheme for life-enjoyment that works for you!
Old 01-01-2024, 06:43 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I’ve had several jobs like most people, but two careers I loved. I retired early at 48 because I also have too many hobbies to take any of them very seriously. I still pursue both of my careers, but on my own terms as my own boss by choosing the clients / jobs of my choosing.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:31 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
My tentative 2024 camping/traveling itinerary:

Jan 17 - leave home
Jan 21-27 - Quartzfest ham radio gathering, Quartzsite, AZ
Jan 28-Feb 03 - Yuma, AZ? Or maybe go on over to Dome Rock early.
Feb 04-10 - Quartzsite Fiberglass Rally
Feb 11-17 - Joshua Tree NP, CA
Feb 18-24 - Organ Pipe Nat'l Monument, AZ
Feb 25-Mar 09 - Tucson, AZ (two weeks)
Mar 10-16 - White Sands, NM
Mar 17-23 - Albuquerque, NM. Visiting friends.
Mar 24-Apr 06 - Big Bend (two weeks at Rio Grande Village)
Apr 07-08 - Del Rio, TX for the solar eclipse

After the eclipse I'll decide what to do next, depending upon finances, how things are at home, how my truck and trailer are holding up, etc.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 04:42 AM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I retired from a 45 year career as a computer software engineer and systems geek in 2017.

We leave on the 3rd for an 8000 mile 4 month road trip with our Escape that will take us all over Mexico, including the April 8th eclipse from near Durango... This will be the longest road trip we've ever taken.

Of course 2 days before we leave the sewer here at home backs up on NY day. No matter.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 07:18 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
I've made a few inquiries with fellow Escapers and RV pals to do the
Lake Superior Circle Tour.
Lake Superior circle was always on my list when I had a touring motorcycle but other things and Covid got in the way.
It's fairly close to us so it would make a good trip from here with the Escape.
Thanks for the reminder.
Old 01-02-2024, 11:43 AM   #26

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Happy New Year to All.

My better half Patty will be retiring in two years, like some of the others I got to retire about 3 years ago at 58. We don't use our trailer enough to own it but we know that will change when Patty gets retired, plus we have a lake house and enjoy spending time there.
We will be going to Indian Pass Campground in Port St Joe the middle of March and also have our reservations made for Edisto Beach between Christmas and New Year, this trip has become an annual tradition for us, just got back. Nothing else is planned at the moment but sure we will have at east one or two camping weekends with our grandkids somewhere. I am going to Acadia, in September but that will be without the Escape and Patty, I have a group of guy friends we try to go on a trip every year and this is where we are going this year. It's awesome we have family in our life's that support us getting to go on these adventures.

Enjoy the journey,

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 12:17 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Splitting Lanes, what do you think of Beales Point? It's close to home so I've never camped there, but might just try it and take my kayak.

Iowa Dave, if you get west enough to be in California, I'd sure like to meet you two.

Only trip I have on the books currently is taking my granddaughter to whitewater guide school in May in Hood River, Oregon. If anyone has any recommendations of spots in that area for me to camp for the week, I'd love to hear them.

Well, I guess I do have reservations for the late fall gatherings at Bodega Bay and Mount Madonna, close enough in time and distance to go from one to the other. Sure enjoyed the nice folks at Mount Madonna last year.

Happy New Year to all the escape community!
Old 01-02-2024, 01:24 PM   #28

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Splitting Lanes, what do you think of Beales Point? It's close to home so I've never camped there, but might just try it and take my kayak.
We like it. Some of the sites are a little close to Auburn-Folsom road, so take a look at the map and select further from the road if available. The kayaking should be good, and I can vouch for the cycling/trail. Mary and I did a nice long ride along the American rive past Folsom prison and so many other interesting places starting from Beales Point and heading south on the River trail.

I’d suggest you check out New Bullards Bar. I haven’t been there in a couple decades, but when I used to go to every lake to jet ski that one was the most beautiful.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 01:47 PM   #29

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I've been planning a Xcountry trip for years but this past year when it was almost surely a go, my aunt passed away, I had to settle her estate, then hurt my knee and didn't think I'd be comfortable driving that far. So planning on 2024. But my mom will be 95 before I plan to leave so it's definitely a little iffy.

I do have the first camping trip scheduled for this month, though! Close to home.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 08:01 AM   #30

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0
My winter trip, now in progress, is mainly to visit friends & family; I'm blessed to have many of both. A few highlights are:
- Christmas with daughter in Kansas
- New Years with 100 year old aunt in Nashville
- short stays at/in Dallas area, Lake Havasu area, Mojave Nat Preserve, Death Valley
- a week in Joshua Tree Nat Pk
- Feb 5-11 Quartzite Rally
- short stays near Phoenix & Tucson, 5 days Chiricahua Nat Mon
- short stays in San Antonio & Houston areas
- a mosey along the Gulf Coast (1st time in LA & MS, last 2 states in lower 48 for me)
- skipping through FL, GA, SC, NC
- April 9-12 arrive home

Late May - Sept 1 trip will include a couple of family visits & then most of the time in Newfoundland & Labrador. The folks I've met who've been there all wished they'd stayed longer, & this will surely be my only trip there, hence the long stay.

Planning on a fall loop to include Niagara Falls Rally, Mississippi River Rendezvous, & Kansas for my daughter's birthday. Will miss the Hungry Mother Rally in VA due to a family wedding. :-(

Whew, might stay home next winter to recoup a bit & get reacquainted with my Pittsburgh neighbors & friends. :-)

There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
- Thomas Sowell
Lorraine Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 08:44 AM   #31

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Quite an itinerary

You sure are a ramblin' gal. But why not? So much to see, so little time. I recall we chatted briefly at the Mississippi Rendezvous last Fall. I seem to recall you mentioning a long and varied travel itinerary then that you had enjoyed that year.

bon voyage,
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 09:17 AM   #32

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Retired in 2004. I was participating in a mission building exercise and when the leader came to me with the question where do I expect the agency to be next year at this time I answered, “without me”. That raised most eyebrows in the room as I was the guy in charge.

After 35 years with many running a large government agency, It was time to move on. Did about 4 years of part time consulting and then left the workforce for good (so to speak).

First trip in 2024 is next week to Chilliwack to pick up the E23Q.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 09:23 AM   #33

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post

As you make your way back home be sure to stop by St. Louis so we can switch Escape's.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 10:13 AM   #34
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Please, please keep an eye on the weather over the Oregon passes. Especially the Siskiyou. It's getting winter ugly. Lots of cameras: https://tripcheck.com/

Safe, safe travels
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 10:52 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Please, please keep an eye on the weather over the Oregon passes. Especially the Siskiyou. It's getting winter ugly. Lots of cameras: https://tripcheck.com/

Safe, safe travels
Thanks for the caution. Been looking at the passes forecasts to the point of deciding to leave a day early and maybe go up and back via the coast. I don’t mind 2-3” of daily snow as is currently forecast, but forecasts don’t always reveal the real deal.

Closer we get to heading out, we will have routing decisions to make.

Just checked out 101 and see a current 20 minute delay because of a “sunken grade”.
Old 01-07-2024, 11:57 AM   #36
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:

Thanks for the caution. Been looking at the passes forecasts to the point of deciding to leave a day early and maybe go up and back via the coast. I don’t mind 2-3” of daily snow as is currently forecast, but forecasts don’t always reveal the real deal.

Closer we get to heading out, we will have routing decisions to make.

Just checked out 101 and see a current 20 minute delay because of a “sunken grade”.
IF you decided I-5 is the one for you, be sure to check out the "Alerts" it's possible chains or traction tires may be required. And yes, they check and if the alert has been made and you don't have them, you'll get turned around. That's because they work really hard to keep the pass open and don't want folks spinning out and stalling because they weren't prepared.

PS: Dianne and I were supposed to be going over the Siskiyou on the 12th or 13th... we're now taking Hwy. 101.....

Safe travels!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 02:41 PM   #37

We just decided to leave home on the 12th instead of the 13th and head to the coast off I5 below the snow line. We will hit 101 and continue north for as long as we are content with lock to lock switchbacks😄.
Old 01-07-2024, 02:53 PM   #38

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Our big trip for the year: September & October in Arches NP - Devil's Garden Campground, site 37 (the host site). Perhaps we will see some of you there!
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 08:53 PM   #39

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
We'll be picking up our 5.0 in Chilliwack in early March and spend a couple of nights in a nearby campground to make sure everything is working properly (any CG suggestions?)

Then the fun begins:
end of May: Capitola, CA (New Brighton CG - 6 nights)
mid June: 2 weeks on the road which will include: Grand Teton NP (Gros Ventre CG - 2 nights), Yellowstone NP (Fishing Bridge CG - 3 nights) & Glacier NP (St. Mary's CG - 3 nights)
late July: Bodega Bay, CA (Doran Regional Park - 3 nights)
late Sept: Bodega Bay, CA - Fiberglass Rally (Westside Regional Park - 3 nights)

This is my wife's 30th year of teaching so we need to get most of our camping in during her summer break, but after she retires this December, we're hoping for more year-round camping adventures in 2025!
Jim & Jean
jjdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 01:07 AM   #40

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
You sure are a ramblin' gal. But why not? So much to see, so little time. I recall we chatted briefly at the Mississippi Rendezvous last Fall. I seem to recall you mentioning a long and varied travel itinerary then that you had enjoyed that year.

bon voyage,
Hi Tom,

Yes, we did meet at the Rendezvous, & you all generously hosted an evening campfire. Hope to see you there again this coming fall.

I'm truly blessed to be able to travel so much, at least for a few years.

Wishing you happy travels too!

There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
- Thomas Sowell
Lorraine Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote