Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2017, 07:57 AM   #61

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
I just booked our orientation after reading this thread. Our completion date is 11/28 and orientation is 11/29 -- that's pretty good. Went ahead and booked a bed and breakfast, thought my loaded down truck might be safer there than at a hotel downtown.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:33 AM   #62

Trailer: Escape 21 - Nov 2017 "Harvey"
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalaney View Post
I just booked our orientation after reading this thread. Our completion date is 11/28 and orientation is 11/29 -- that's pretty good. Went ahead and booked a bed and breakfast, thought my loaded down truck might be safer there than at a hotel downtown.
So, I take it you did not know you had to book an orientation appointment?

My orientation is now 11/28. We haven't made our "area" reservations yet. We are thinking of spending a night in a US campground afterward. Of course, weather dependent. So, perhaps we will cross paths that week.
-Jeff.
jking1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #63

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jking1224 View Post

My orientation is now 11/28. We haven't made our "area" reservations yet. We are thinking of spending a night in a US campground afterward. Of course, weather dependent. So, perhaps we will cross paths that week.
-Jeff.
No I didn't realize it, thought we just showed up on our completion date. I'm sure I would have gotten a notice in a month to book it. We may head up to Vancouver for 3 days after we pick it up -- we have never been there. That will give us the option to head back to ETI if there are any tweeks needed.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #64

Trailer: None now
When we called and placed our order for the trailer a confirmation letter was sent to us. Since this is also a boilerplate type letter I assume those of us who bought 2017 trailers would have received a similar letter.

At the very end is the information on scheduling, If needed I could dig up the email she mentions was sent as a reminder on scheduling our orientation and delivery.

Hello Ken and Karen,

Thank you for your decision to purchase a 2017, 19’ Escape Travel Trailer.

Please take a moment to read through the following as it contains important information regarding the design and manufacturing of your trailer.

Confirming Your Order:

Attached you will find a copy of the build sheet that we have started for you. In the upper left corner is your contact information; please review it and to ensure the LEGAL spelling of your name(s) and address is correct. Please note if you have a PO Box, mailing address, we will also require a physical address for the title and registration.

In the upper right corner is your completion date of March 29, 2017.

As each Escape Trailer is manufactured based on an individual’s specific request for size, model, and options we will require a signed copy of your build sheet along with your deposit in order to continue with the purchasing process for your Escape Trailer.
*Please sign the attached build sheet in the designated area and return to us as soon as possible OR watch for the .pdf file sent via EchoSign*

• To sign the EchoSign document. Please open the separate email, sign in the designated area and return to us as soon as possible.*

Selecting Your Options:

To select or remove any of the options on the build sheet you can either;
1.)Print a copy and then scan/email or mail the copy back to us with changes
2.)Give us a call and we can go through the build sheet together answering any questions you may have.

Please note whenever we receive or make changes to your build sheet you will receive an updated copy via email. If you do not receive a copy within 24 hours please feel free to call or email to confirm the change.

Attached is our custom Graphic Chart. Please select the color you would like us to use for the exterior decals on the trailer.

Custom Fabric:
- You source the fabric and send it to us. Many customers order through www.sailrite.com as they ship directly to ETI.
- Please remember to note your Name with the order.
- Any upholstery fabric is fine.
-Installation cost is $100 for a single fabric, if you would like to provide a second fabric for the valences the cost is $150.
-Please refer to your build sheet for correct amounts
-Please provide us with a photo of the fabric once it has been selected, and shipped to Escape Trailer Industries.
-If your fabric has a repeating pattern such as a stripe we will require instructions as to which direction the pattern should run. (Vertical or Horizontal)
-Any fees associated with shipping (duties, taxes or handling) will be applied to your build sheet.
Custom Formica:
-We will order the Formica and ensure it is here in time for installation in your trailer.
-Send us the Name and Style Number of the FORMICA brand material. (FORMICA is the brand - We DO NOT use WilsonArt)
-Any style number ending in -58 is the standard matte finish, and included in the $100 option price. Any style number with a different code ending in any combination of numbers or letters other than – 58 will be subject to an increased installation fee of $200.
-Please select a trim color: Black, White, Dark Brown, Cream/Off-White.

Custom Flooring:
-You select the style/pattern of residential rolled vinyl from any local flooring supplier. (We do not install commercial grade linoleum).
-We recommend ordering through Pioneer Building Supplies here in Chilliwack to eliminate shipping costs. ETI will make the necessary arrangements for delivery. To ensure it is here in time for installation in your trailer.
-Please provide us with a photo of the flooring once it has been ordered. Along with the name and style number. If your flooring has a pattern please indicate direction.
-Please refer to your build sheet for correct amounts. If your flooring has a pattern please ensure the direction will not affect the amount. (Check with Pioneer Building Supplies for assistance if required)
-This Custom Option does require a signed disclaimer prior to installation.

Confirmation Timeline:

Approximately twelve weeks before your trailer enters production you will receive an email with your build sheet deadline. At this time we ask that you review your Options List and begin finalize the selections for your trailer. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.

Six weeks before your trailer enters production you will receive an email requesting you the final confirmation of your Options List. This will signify the initial start of your trailer entering production. Your trailer’s shell and frame will be completed shortly after this date and we will begin ordering the inventory required for us to complete your custom Escape Travel Trailer.

Four weeks before your completion date your trailer will enter production. At this time you will begin receiving weekly photos of the trailer as it moves through production. Once the trailer enters production we will assign a VIN number to the trailer and begin preparing the documents necessary for you to title and register the trailer in your province or state.

Please note if you require an extension as you are unable to submit your Buildsheet on or before your Confirmation Date there is a $75 per day fee for all extensions.

Scheduling an Orientation or Delivery:

Once your trailer enters production you will receive an email providing you with information regarding the Orientation/Pick-up schedule. If you are unable to schedule your Orientation once the trailer is completed we are willing to store the trailer for free until you are able to pick it up or request delivery. Orientations are only available Monday through Friday during normal business hours. If you would like to have your trailer delivered please let us know and we will work with our delivery company to provide you with a quote and have the trailer delivered.

We understand this is a lot of information to process all at once, combined with the decision to purchase an Escape Travel Trailer, so please feel free to call at any time.

Warm Regards,
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #65

I dug up the other letter. It was mailed a week before our trailer entered production. We had already called 3 weeks earlier as we were told April slots were filling up fast for orientation and delivery. So we did not get the letter about scheduling our orientation.

Good afternoon Ken and Karen,

You are receiving this email as your trailer will be entering production next week.

As we prepare for this Significant Event we want to ensure you are also preparing for the trailer’s arrival. The following email contains very important information on:

1)Titling and Registering the Trailer
2)Travel Permits
3)Financing
4)Scheduling your Orientation/Delivery

We strongly encourage you to read the following information thouroughly to ensure there are no unnecessary delays or fees incurred at this time. We hope with proper planning and the sharing of information this last part of waiting for your new Escape Trailer will go smoothly and quickly.

Titling and Registering the Trailer

Once the trailer enters production we will assign it a VIN number, Certification Labels and prepare all of the necessary documents for you to Title and Register the trailer in your appropriate US State or Canadian Province. Once mailed your documentation will take approximately 7 – 10 business days to arrive.

Once you receive this paperwork please review to ensure all information has been entered accurately to avoid any unecessary delay or fees. We ask that you please take a moment to confirm the LEGAL spelling of your name on all the enclosed documents and ensure we have the correct MAILING and/or PHYSICAL address.These documents are the ORIGINAL documents required by your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Office.

If you are a Canadian Customeryou will use these documents to register the trailer in your province and obtain your plates prior to your Orienation. These documents will include a:
-Final Bill of Sale
-Manufactures Certificate of Origin
-NVIS
-ICBC Transfer Form (BC Residents ONLY) *
o* For BC residents ONLY we do have a RoadRunner available if you wish to obtain insurance at the time of Orientation, however we ask you to let us know upon arrival.

If you are a US Customerthe DMV requirements will vary State to State, County to County and even DMV Office to DMV Office. These documents may be used to title and register the trailer in your State prior to your Orientation, however, your state may require additional paperwork to be completed by the Purchaser. These documents will include a:

-Final Bill of Sale
-Manufacturers Certificate of Origin
-CBP Form 7501 (Entry Summary) *
o*Please note the 7501 is stamped by US Customs on the day the trailer physically crosses the Canada/US Border. Your DMV may require this form prior to registration.
-5106 (Importer ID) **
o** Please note as this form requires your SSN we provide you with two methods for completing. 1.) You will receive an electronic copy via Echosign. 2) You will receive a hard copy with the final paperwork.
o** Please note we must receive a signed copy no less than two weeks prior to your Orientation.
-HS7 (US DOT Declaration - Importation of Motor Vehicles)
-US Customs Invoice
-NAFTA

We will keep a copy of these documents on file and submit to US Customs one week prior to your Orientation Date. Please note if you change or cancel your Orientation Date once the final paperwork has been submitted to customs. You will be charged an additional $200cdn Exportation Fee.

Travel Permits

Please note Escape Trailer Industries is unable to provide customers with a Temporary Travel Permit. Travel Permits are only valid in the Country they are purchased and can only be obtained through a licensed insurance agent:

Canadian Customers can pruchase travel permits from a local insurance agent. (We can request a roadrunner if proper notice is given).
US Customers can purchase travel permits from the DMV office in Lynden, WA. Many US Customer are also able to insure the trailer under their vehicle insurance prior to registering their trailer.

Financing

Please note Escape Trailer Industries does not offer financing. Financing can be obtained from your local financial institution. Please note if you are financing your trailer and your financial company requires their name on the Bill of Sale and Certificate of Origin you should let us know prior to your documentation being completed next week. If Notarization is required by your finance institution there will be a $150.00cdn Notary Fee (In Canada a Notary or Lawyer is the only person able to Notarize Legal Documents).

Scheduling Your Orientation

Approximately one week after your trailer enters production you will receive an email providing you with information regarding the Orientation/Pick-up schedule. If you are unable to schedule your Orientation once the trailer is completed we are willing to store the trailer for free until you are able to pick it up or request delivery. Orientations are only available Monday through Friday during normal business hours. If you would like to have your trailer delivered please let us know and we will work with our delivery company to provide you with a quote and have the trailer delivered.

We understand the above information is very important so we encourage you to keep this email on file and re-read it prior to departing home or the arrival of your Escape Trailer. Please feel free to forward any other questions you may have.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:34 PM   #66

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddoster View Post
ETI was open on black Friday last year, perhaps you can check with them and see if that's still the case?
That was the day I picked up our trailer. Piece of cake regarding traffic both going up and coming back home (just south of Seattle). Everyone was either shopping (saw wads of full parking lots) or staying home sleeping in. My orientation was first thing in the AM. I didn't remember one darn thing from it other than the stupid remote for the awning didn't like me and wouldn't work for me (it did for everyone else that tried it). Crossing the border was the quickest I'd ever done. Best day for pick up, in my opinion.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:53 PM   #67

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
When going through your orientation you need to realize they schedule it for a certain length of time. I know I wasn't the first person to feel a bit rushed while getting their orientation due to this time constraint. You're not going to be able to open every single drawer and all that. You're not going to have the time to do that. Maybe with your wife there one of you can check stuff like that while the other goes around with the person giving you the orientation. I did mine on my own as Dirk was out of the country and I didn't want to wait for him to get back to get the trailer.

If so, I would have questioned why the inside frame around the bathroom window appeared to be upside down. I thought it looked weird and it turns out it was installed incorrectly. It got fixed when I took the trailer back up for work (either to replace the window we busted while mowing the lawn or the incorrectly used hot water hose in the bathroom; I forget which visit it was).

I also discovered with use that one of the flip up counters in the dinette was very hard to close. Dirk was going to dremel a bit off to make it easier, but never got around to it. During one of those two trips I mentioned it and they ended up replacing the metal bits holding it in place.

So, yeah, realize you won't have time to thoroughly inspect the trailer while at ETI, but do take the time afterwards to do so.

When our trailer was done I got an email stating it was ready (a bit ahead of schedule). In the email they said I could pick it up the next day but in following emails it turns out they had to give Customs 24 hours notice the trailer was coming across, so I had to wait for that reason and for when there was an orientation opening that worked for me.

Oh, and for crossing the border. The folks working there are well used to new owners as the minute I said I was there to get my new trailer and pointed towards the truck crossing where you could see it, she closed my passport and said "congrats". She didn't have any further questions like they ask many times.

Good luck with the pick up and the drive back. Enjoy your new home away from home.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:06 PM   #68

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot TF20 DLX Fifth Wheel
Danged, if'n that ain't brilliant...

Dave, you said a mouthful. This is how I'd handle deliver if I was dealing with such a restricted set of circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
Maybe a solution would be to travel straight to your thanksgiving bash in California, and then afterwards head up to Chilliwack to pick up your trailer. Thus, you would then have more time to find any issues with the trailer before packing up and heading home.
TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #69

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot TF20 DLX Fifth Wheel
This is EXACTLY what I was hoping to find. Thank you!!!

Wetzk, This is the best stuff ever! Both of your posts answer most, if not all of my questions. This is most Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
I dug up the other letter. It was mailed a week before our trailer entered production. We had already called 3 weeks earlier as we were told April slots were filling up fast for orientation and delivery. So we did not get the letter about scheduling our orientation.

Good afternoon Ken and Karen,

You are receiving this email as your trailer will be entering production next week.

As we prepare for this Significant Event we want to ensure you are also preparing for the trailer’s arrival. The following email contains very important information on:

1)Titling and Registering the Trailer
2)Travel Permits
3)Financing
4)Scheduling your Orientation/Delivery

We strongly encourage you to read the following information thouroughly to ensure there are no unnecessary delays or fees incurred at this time. We hope with proper planning and the sharing of information this last part of waiting for your new Escape Trailer will go smoothly and quickly.

Titling and Registering the Trailer

Once the trailer enters production we will assign it a VIN number, Certification Labels and prepare all of the necessary documents for you to Title and Register the trailer in your appropriate US State or Canadian Province. Once mailed your documentation will take approximately 7 – 10 business days to arrive.

Once you receive this paperwork please review to ensure all information has been entered accurately to avoid any unecessary delay or fees. We ask that you please take a moment to confirm the LEGAL spelling of your name on all the enclosed documents and ensure we have the correct MAILING and/or PHYSICAL address.These documents are the ORIGINAL documents required by your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Office.

If you are a Canadian Customeryou will use these documents to register the trailer in your province and obtain your plates prior to your Orienation. These documents will include a:
-Final Bill of Sale
-Manufactures Certificate of Origin
-NVIS
-ICBC Transfer Form (BC Residents ONLY) *
o* For BC residents ONLY we do have a RoadRunner available if you wish to obtain insurance at the time of Orientation, however we ask you to let us know upon arrival.

If you are a US Customerthe DMV requirements will vary State to State, County to County and even DMV Office to DMV Office. These documents may be used to title and register the trailer in your State prior to your Orientation, however, your state may require additional paperwork to be completed by the Purchaser. These documents will include a:

-Final Bill of Sale
-Manufacturers Certificate of Origin
-CBP Form 7501 (Entry Summary) *
o*Please note the 7501 is stamped by US Customs on the day the trailer physically crosses the Canada/US Border. Your DMV may require this form prior to registration.
-5106 (Importer ID) **
o** Please note as this form requires your SSN we provide you with two methods for completing. 1.) You will receive an electronic copy via Echosign. 2) You will receive a hard copy with the final paperwork.
o** Please note we must receive a signed copy no less than two weeks prior to your Orientation.
-HS7 (US DOT Declaration - Importation of Motor Vehicles)
-US Customs Invoice
-NAFTA

We will keep a copy of these documents on file and submit to US Customs one week prior to your Orientation Date. Please note if you change or cancel your Orientation Date once the final paperwork has been submitted to customs. You will be charged an additional $200cdn Exportation Fee.

Travel Permits

Please note Escape Trailer Industries is unable to provide customers with a Temporary Travel Permit. Travel Permits are only valid in the Country they are purchased and can only be obtained through a licensed insurance agent:

Canadian Customers can pruchase travel permits from a local insurance agent. (We can request a roadrunner if proper notice is given).
US Customers can purchase travel permits from the DMV office in Lynden, WA. Many US Customer are also able to insure the trailer under their vehicle insurance prior to registering their trailer.

Financing

Please note Escape Trailer Industries does not offer financing. Financing can be obtained from your local financial institution. Please note if you are financing your trailer and your financial company requires their name on the Bill of Sale and Certificate of Origin you should let us know prior to your documentation being completed next week. If Notarization is required by your finance institution there will be a $150.00cdn Notary Fee (In Canada a Notary or Lawyer is the only person able to Notarize Legal Documents).

Scheduling Your Orientation

Approximately one week after your trailer enters production you will receive an email providing you with information regarding the Orientation/Pick-up schedule. If you are unable to schedule your Orientation once the trailer is completed we are willing to store the trailer for free until you are able to pick it up or request delivery. Orientations are only available Monday through Friday during normal business hours. If you would like to have your trailer delivered please let us know and we will work with our delivery company to provide you with a quote and have the trailer delivered.

We understand the above information is very important so we encourage you to keep this email on file and re-read it prior to departing home or the arrival of your Escape Trailer. Please feel free to forward any other questions you may have.
TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #70

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
* Scheduling Your Orientation
Approximately one week after your trailer enters production you will receive an email providing you with information regarding the Orientation/Pick-up schedule. ...
Two things: 1) Given ETI's current speed of production, it appears a trailer is less than two weeks from completion before the new owner is notified to schedule an orientation, and 2) with some scheduling their orientation and pick-up several months in advance of completion, that limits orientation time slots left available for those who get a notice to do so just a few weeks in advance. Seems like a card-carrying supply chain management/logistics specialist could do a quick study and offer some helpful suggestions here....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Two things: 1) Given ETI's current speed of production, it appears a trailer is less than two weeks from completion before the new owner is notified to schedule an orientation, and 2) with some scheduling their orientation and pick-up several months in advance of completion, that limits orientation time slots left available for those who get a notice to do so just a few weeks in advance. Seems like a card-carrying supply chain management/logistics specialist could do a quick study and offer some helpful suggestions here....
Actually, as soon as you have the date carved in stone you can schedule your appointment. We scheduled ours 2 months in advance and could have done it the previous year if I had been sure of a few things personal wise.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #72

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Actually, as soon as you have the date carved in stone you can schedule your appointment. We scheduled ours 2 months in advance and could have done it the previous year if I had been sure of a few things personal wise.
"... carved in stone ..."? That's all well and good now that ETI's production schedule in their new expanded facilities seems to have settled in. But in our case, we were given three different completion dates. When we placed our order on May 30, 2016, our completion date was set at June 5, 2017. On August 31, it was moved earlier to March 31. And then on October 25, it was moved even earlier to February 7. I guess we could have refused the changes and left it the original June 5th, but why miss out on 4 "bonus" months of camping? As I've mentioned elsewhere, we really didn't have a dog in this fight because we were having our 21' delivered, so no need to schedule an orientation. But we did worry with each change whether they could squeeze our camper on an earlier delivery trailer. And then with the severe weather in Chilliwack in late January to early February this past winter, we worried if our camper was even going to make it out of Canada before the Spring thaw. But all's well that ends well....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
"... carved in stone ..."? That's all well and good now that ETI's production schedule in their new expanded facilities seems to have settled in. But in our case, we were given three different completion dates. When we placed our order on May 30, 2016, our completion date was set at June 5, 2017. On August 31, it was moved earlier to March 31. And then on October 25, it was moved even earlier to February 7. I guess we could have refused the changes and left it the original June 5th, but why miss out on 4 "bonus" months of camping? As I've mentioned elsewhere, we really didn't have a dog in this fight because we were having our 21' delivered, so no need to schedule an orientation. But we did worry with each change whether they could squeeze our camper on an earlier delivery trailer. And then with the severe weather in Chilliwack in late January to early February this past winter, we worried if our camper was even going to make it out of Canada before the Spring thaw. But all's well that ends well....
We could have moved ours to the end of January from the end of March but choose not to since there was no way in heck I was going to try driving in potential winter weather. I imagine those who live up there are thankful they did not have some Florida fools sliding all over their roads.
We had decided to wait anyways until April when it was a bit warmer. I was warned by Escape though that positions were filling up fast so we grabbed one.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:19 AM   #74

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
This is the boilerplate email I received near 4 weeks before my Jan 26 completion date. I picked up on the 27th. The trailer had not even hit production yet.

I received a similar email.

Red Dog

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:45 PM   #75

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
1. Yeah, but its easier to get work time off for my wife the week of Thanksgiving, since all US business slows down that week. Getting time off the following week is tougher.
2. Every week later I wait makes weather a bigger factor. I don't want my trailer snowed in at BC until Spring.
Not to worry too much about it being snowed in up there until spring - we picked ours up in January and got it safely back to Texas. Of course it might get snowed in in Colorado but that can happen in November.

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #76

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Quote:

-Jeff.
Best Western about 200 yards from ETI has some (not all so book early) pet friendly rooms if you have pets. They even gave us a late check out so we could leave Abby and Meggi in the room while we did orientaion. Not sure if we were just lucky or what, but we had our very heavily loaded F-150 in the parking lot of Best Western for 2 nights with no issues. They also offer a discount if you let them know you're picking up your new trailer!

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:52 AM   #77

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Thats where I'm staying you can walk to Escape nice pet friendly rooms too
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:01 AM   #78

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We really enjoyed the Best Western when we went to Chilliwack. They have wooden floors for pets and we lucked out with a room by an exit and could come and go as we pleased. Our truck too was full of stuff and I never felt unsafe leaving it there. They hotel has free breakfast and a nice bar and next door it Tim Hortons. Just remember that Canadian beer has more alcohol content than American beer. Also, if you like draft beer, they have a neat gadget that ices down the glass for a really cool beer experience. We picked up our Escape on Wednesday am and requested a late check out so we could empty the truck and load the trailer in their parking lot. We got on the road around 2 pm. Between the Canadian exchange rate and the Escape discount
it was a very pleasant experience overall.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:08 AM   #79

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Just remember that Canadian beer has more alcohol content than American beer.
No, it doesn't. Almost all beers around the world are about 4.5 - 5 % alc. by vol.
Can't blame us for your excess.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #80

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
No, it doesn't. Almost all beers around the world are about 4.5 - 5 % alc. by vol.
Can't blame us for your excess.
Many of the beers I drink are in the 6-11% region. I do still drink lots in the 5-6% area too. Might as well just add water if you want it any lower.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote