Recommended camp table - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #1

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Recommended camp table

This table is sold seasonally by Lee Valley Tools and sells out quickly. I have one. It's well built. The price you see is CAD. Lee Valley has an US site which you may get redirected to if you click on the link:
https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...1VV%2CLRA4%2C1
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 9.47.25 AM.jpg  
Old 06-09-2022, 01:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
This table is sold seasonally by Lee Valley Tools and sells out quickly. I have one. It's well built. The price you see is CAD. Lee Valley has an US site which you may get redirected to if you click on the link:
Amazon has this wonderfully sturdy table with adjustable height if you need a good camp table.
KingCamp Bamboo Folding Table Lightweight Camping Table with Adjustable Height Aluminum Legs 4-Fold Compact Small Portable Camp Tables for Travel RV Picnic Party Beach Outdoor and Indoor, 1-2 Person
Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 01:27 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I think that is the one we use, very pleased with it,.....
Old 06-09-2022, 01:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
Oops. Here is the link.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NDLTC3C...76Q9M0918762QT
Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 01:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2023 E19
Thanks for the heads-up! A good-quality folding table has been on my list of RV accessories to accumulate over the next few months.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 02:02 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
as I'm traveling with a full sized covered pickup truck, I've been carrying a plastic 3x6' buffet table as sold by Costco for our 'main' table, and a couple of these as end tables.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 03:01 PM   #7

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Is there a recommendation for camping chair? I tried to search the forum but must not be doing something right...
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 03:34 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Is there a recommendation for camping chair? I tried to search the forum but must not be doing something right...
oh boy, thats a huge can of opinions here. we go to music festivals where you are sitting in chairs for hours listening to live performances, and they are picky about height if you want to be front center. We've tried a LOT of chairs and rejected most of them. I'm gonna shotgun some chairs here we like..., and if I refer to 'meadow chair', festival seating is what I'm talking about. Note we're both kinda plus sized, so prefer chairs that have a rated weight capacity of 250 lbs. We need our low chairs to be easy to get out of.

favorite sit-around-camp-and-relax chair. made in france, extremely light to carry, quite durable. expensive, but IMHO, worth it.
https://www.lafuma-furniture.com/cam...-ocean-en.html

favorite gravity lounger chair (also made in france, $$$$, but works really nicely, wife especially loves this one). This has a mesh padded cushion, hard to explain, but if its left out int he rain, it hardly gets wet and dries out really fast, its cool ventilated in hot weather, and provides some insulation in cold. Heavy and bulky when folded, best if you have a full sized truck.
https://www.lafuma-furniture.com/rel...0-6893-en.html

extremely compact and light, 2 can easily be every-day carry in a small car trunk. this is hte 'boss' version for plus size, look for the flexlite if you're not. These /just/ meet the butt-is-10"-off-the-ground Music Festival rule when you're sitting in it. They are surprisingly comfortable for hours, and not too hard to get out of.
https://www.rei.com/product/164383/r...amp-boss-chair

and, finally, our old sit upright at the outdoor dining chairs have failed after many years of heavy use, and aren't made anymore. Just got two of these to try, but haven't used them yet camping. easy to fold, easy to carry, but they are on sale and to be discontinued, so get them NOW.
https://www.rei.com/product/186011/r...ded-lawn-chair
Old 06-09-2022, 03:53 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Thank you very much, John! I did find an outlet locally that might have the first two you mentioned. Will check them out or the last REI item.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 03:58 PM   #10

Trailer: 2023 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
favorite gravity lounger chair (also made in france, $$$$, but works really nicely, wife especially loves this one). This has a mesh padded cushion, hard to explain, but if its left out in the rain, it hardly gets wet and dries out really fast, its cool ventilated in hot weather, and provides some insulation in cold. Heavy and bulky when folded, best if you have a full sized truck.
A good gravity lounge chair is also on my list of "must-have" RV stuff. Though still bulky when folded, this example looks like it might "just" fit through the interior under-bed storage access opening in an E19.....
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 04:07 PM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
IF you are a USA buyer, the table Glenn referenced is for sale at the Lee Valley store in Reno, Nevada for $89: https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...ble?item=XJ265
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 05:53 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
After waiting close to two years to find stock I was finally was able to buy this table three years ago from Lee Valley. I love the table and use it every camping trip, easy to put up, easy to take down and I believe it holds 60 pounds of weight.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 06:59 PM   #13

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
favorite gravity lounger chair (also made in france, $$$$, but works really nicely, wife especially loves this one). This has a mesh padded cushion, hard to explain, but if its left out int he rain, it hardly gets wet and dries out really fast, its cool ventilated in hot weather, and provides some insulation in cold. Heavy and bulky when folded, best if you have a full sized truck.

John, I would like a better zero gravity lounger. The biggest gripe I have with my current cheap one is that my achilles tendon falls right where the lower bar is located. On your chair, where does that lower bar hit your leg? And for reference, what is your pant inseam length? (that will tell me how your legs compare to mine.)
Old 06-11-2022, 02:44 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
John, I would like a better zero gravity lounger. The biggest gripe I have with my current cheap one is that my achilles tendon falls right where the lower bar is located. On your chair, where does that lower bar hit your leg? And for reference, what is your pant inseam length? (that will tell me how your legs compare to mine.)
yeah.

thats entirely dependent on your body dimensiosn.

they make an XL version, but the back to knee length is too big for me...
Old 06-11-2022, 02:47 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
yeah.

thats entirely dependent on your body dimensions.

they make an XL version, but the back to knee length is too big for me...

the XL version is good fro folks with lohg er than normal legs.
Old 06-11-2022, 03:29 PM   #16

Trailer: 2012 E19
Well, I found one on Amazon in Coral Blue for $249 and the reviews mostly are glowing... happy... crazy good. So I ordered it, and it came today. My initial impression is, it feels great! Like sitting on a cloud. The legs are well enough supported that my heels rest lightly on the bar. But after a few minutes of reclining, I tried the upright position and realized that it makes me feel like I'm hunched over. The upper part of the seat back has a bend in the frame that makes the chair push my shoulders and roll them forward, and the neck pillow pushes my head forward way too much. Taking the neck pillow off for upright sitting helps, though, and a bed pillow behind the lower back takes the pressure off the shoulders.

After some sitting and thinking, I will probably keep it, but with Amazon I do have 30 days to decide. For reclining it feels really nice. Sitting upright... well, I can pack a different chair for that.
Old 06-11-2022, 04:18 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
oh. I wear 30" inseam levis. I'm 6'0 tall with a somewhat long torso proportionally the normal size Lafuma lounge, my heels are just touching the bar, the XL one is way longer, but the butt to knee dimension is a bit too long for me unless I use a back pillow.

my wife slides that pillow all the way down so it provides lumbar support.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:44 AM   #18
A&B

Trailer: 2011 Casita SD 17'
Quote:
The biggest gripe I have with my current cheap one is that my achilles tendon falls right where the lower bar is located.
Same...split a pool noodle down the middle and used a couple of nylon ties to attach.
A&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:36 AM   #19

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Harbor Freight $29.99.

It's my favorite outdoor chair. Very light and very comfortable.

For size purposes, I'm 5'-8" and 160 lbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Harbor.jpg  
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:01 AM   #20

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
We bought Strongback chairs at the advice of this forum. Very comfortable chairs. Hers stores easily, I haven’t figured out where mine will store. She has a guru, mine is an elite, they make different sizes for different over/under 5’7”
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote