Seating area / back support improvements on 17B? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2023, 11:41 PM   #21
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I use a pillow from Select Comfort/Sleep by Number. Can't remember exactly what it's called - something for sitting in bed and reading. It's very thick, esp at the bottom and provides tons of support for my back. I have 2, as Dirk really likes it too. I lounge against it a lot as I like to read while stretched out in the u-shaped dinette (with one filler board in place). And snuggly fleece blankets all around.
Resurecting an older post as we are looking for better seating in our u-shaped dinette. Is this the pillow you mentioned? If so, do you still like your pillow? https://www.sleepnumber.com/products...reviews-loader
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 09:17 AM   #22

Trailer: 2012 E19
Here's one more idea: a wedge pillow.
Old 04-01-2023, 01:05 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I've mentioned this before, but it may be worth repeating. I replaced the front cushions in my 17B with two West Marine High Backed Chairs. While Donna tried mine at the Boler rally & found the back too straight, it can be (with difficulty) adjusted so the back slopes.

A couple of photos on my 17B Modifications page.

I currently have one in my 21, replacing the passenger side bench & back cushions, and find it far more comfortable than the standard cushions (I have the "U" shaped dinette, and the chair is about the same size as the cushions). I carry the stock cushions in plastic bags in the truck so I can still make a rear bed...
Jon, now a few years down the road, I'm wondering if you are still happy with your West Marine solution?

I'll admit it looks great in your pics and on paper, as a solo traveler I'm tempted to order one for delivery to my local West Marine store to try it out for use in lieu of the OE cushions on one side of my straight-bench 5.0 dinette.

Any 'long-term review update' would be appreciated.
Old 04-01-2023, 01:06 PM   #24

Trailer: 21NE picked up in May 2022
We have a couple of these Cheers $42 in medium. Nice to read with.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/W/..._AC_SX466_.jpg
Randy in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 01:52 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Jon, now a few years down the road, I'm wondering if you are still happy with your West Marine solution?

I'll admit it looks great in your pics and on paper, as a solo traveler I'm tempted to order one for delivery to my local West Marine store to try it out for use in lieu of the OE cushions on one side of my straight-bench 5.0 dinette.

Any 'long-term review update' would be appreciated.
Yes, I still love the West Marine high back chair. I did add a 1" foam seating pad, but not sure it makes all that much difference. They now show 2 models of the high back chair on their website - the "New" version is the same price & their "compare" feature shows no difference. I have the original.
Old 04-01-2023, 02:42 PM   #26

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Yes, I still love the West Marine high back chair. I did add a 1" foam seating pad, but not sure it makes all that much difference. They now show 2 models of the high back chair on their website - the "New" version is the same price & their "compare" feature shows no difference. I have the original.
Thanks - order placed for the 'original'
Old 04-01-2023, 03:02 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 5.0
I do a lot of work from the road in my U-shaped dinette, and I've always used one of these guys, with a throw pillow or two behind it for my lumbar support. It has helped with my posture and my back issues.

Now, I'm thinking about upgrading to one like this, which can be paired with a lumbar pillow they make as well: https://thecushionlab.com/products/e...32058071941233

It should be said that this kind of solution works great for working on my laptop, but not so great for lounging and reading or watching a movie...still haven't figured that one out yet
Old 04-02-2023, 02:41 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 5.0
This thread got me thinking, and searching around this weekend for other solutions for this problem. Started looking at "floor chairs" and today I stumbled onto this one...I wonder how this would work in the dinette? https://a.co/d/atGJiVf
Old 04-03-2023, 09:18 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Too hard to "get up from"....
Old 04-03-2023, 09:34 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Try here for ideas...https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kneeling+...f=nb_sb_noss_1