Source of vinyl overlay for modern interior - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-24-2023, 10:09 AM   #1

Trailer: escape 17b
Source of vinyl overlay for modern interior

Our 17B has the modern white interior. I have some of the 1" wide repair tape that I got from Escape. However, it would be nive to have the actual vinyl overlay that is on the cabinetry for future modifications. Does anyone know of a source for this?
meassick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 10:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meassick View Post
Our 17B has the modern white interior. I have some of the 1" wide repair tape that I got from Escape. However, it would be nive to have the actual vinyl overlay that is on the cabinetry for future modifications. Does anyone know of a source for this?
I have no idea since I have not seen that type of interior....but if it is in fact vinyl you can try your local sign shop that does vinyl letters they may have what you need.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 10:44 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
The cabinet faces are a thin plywood product with the woven-textured contemporary vinyl finish layer bonded to the plywood underlayment at the plywood product maker's factory (not ETI).

In essence it's the same as the 'maple' and 'oak' cabinet plywood, just a different pattern woven- textured vinyl finish.

Your best 'bet' is to contact ETI to ask the name of manufacturer of the plywood with the contemporary finish. You might get lucky and find a manufacturer's identifying mark on the back of one of your removable refrigerator door panels (search / see refrigerator installation instructions for removing those panels).

Just FYI for folks who have not taken delivery of their trailer: ETI sold me 4' x 4' pieces of the cabinet finish plywood when I bought my trailer, shipped with the trailer under the bed mattress. The material cost was quite reasonable, no cost for the otherwise prohibitive shipping of the material, and obviously it's a perfect match with the original.
Old 12-24-2023, 11:13 AM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Escape also sold me some extra seat cloth material which has come in very handy for certain projects inside the trailer as well. Like an end cap for the seat, U shape dinette cushion, corner shelves, shelf above the door, headboard, sideboard and footboard.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 11:12 AM   #5

Trailer: 21
You can find the wood tape at custom cabnetry supply stores. That where I got what I needed
Old 12-25-2023, 11:14 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
It would be really nice if those that have gotten the vinyl repair tape, would post the brand of tape, any model numbers and color information. It's needed for all three... oak, maple and the white.

THANK YOU.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 11:17 AM   #7

Trailer: 21
I’ll have to go to the supply store n get that. Don't have any more tape, used what little I got yrs ago. good point Donna

Just checked on Amazon and it has a large assortment of wood grain tape and colors. Good place to start
Old 12-25-2023, 11:31 AM   #8

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
We purchased an extra 4' x 8' sheet of the white interior plywood from Escape when they built our trailer. I don't know of another place to purchase besides Escape.
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 12:54 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It would be really nice if those that have gotten the vinyl repair tape, would post the brand of tape, any model numbers and color information. It's needed for all three... oak, maple and the white.
Believe me, I would have if I could, Donna.

With my 'maple' trailer I got six 4'x4' sheets of paneling, 20' of tape, and numerous full-length matching trim pieces, none which have any identifying marks / labels.

On the back of a 'maple' panel in my propane compartment I found a paper sticker with a Canadian wood products trade association logo, but no product identification info. That's likely the clue it's a Canadian line of products, perhaps not exported to the US retail market.

During configuration ETI was not forthcoming with manufacturer / vendor info, I had no luck making an exact match (close, but too obviously not exact when side-by-side) locally using the sample ETI provided, so I just ordered it from them since the cost was surprisingly reasonable with otherwise prohibitive shipping avoided by packing in the trailer.