Speaking of leaks - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2020, 10:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
I am sure there are some well made more conventional trailers out there. Some have aluminum frames and fiber glass panels as well as one piece roofs. This evening my partner and I sat down and went through you tube videos of other trailers including Oliver, Airstream, Bigfoot and some other newer high tech offerings that are coming on the market. We came to the conclusion that the premium priced offerings from Oliver and Airstream weren’t really that much better for the extra 30,000 dollars over our 21. We liked the Oliver’s construction philosophy but didn’t like the layout. My personal favorite was the Bigfoot RQB 25 . I’d like just a bit more room and a walk around bed. However these seem to be in the 65000 area. Ouch. I am hoping for a significant improvement in design for the upcoming 23 as they have to opportunity to address some of the shortcomings of the current line up. I would hope for better wiring, plumbing improvements and service panels to reach the aforementioned like Oliver does. The aluminum frame composite design with the steel axel mounts is quite impressive and I hope the crew has studied some of the best practices of the competition. A mid 40, 000 trailer might still be 20,000 cheaper than the competition. However I hope the extra money buys an increase in design and construction quality, especially in the underlying utilities. If these things come to pass we will seriously consider selling the 21 and ponying up the extra money for a bit more room, if the design improvements aren’t there we will keep what we have. I’m disappointed that casita and scamp has decided to keep doing what they always have and seem not to be bringing out anything new, they are missing an opportunity I suspect.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote