Truck Too Tall??? Who Would Have Thunk! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2021, 08:33 AM   #15

Trailer: 2018 Casita SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Attached just for your consideration, a 'for The M&M's update' of a figure I did for evaluating my own different situation, derived from ETI Guidance, Andersen Specs, and truck dimensions you provided.
All dimensions must be verified by You, I am subject to human error!

It appears to me that with either Pinbox Configuration your challenge is not adjusting the Andersen Hitch higher, it is that even with the Andersen Gooseneck Hitch at its lowest 16-1/2" setting your trailer will likely be riding 'nose-high' to a greater extent than the +/-1" measured at the belly-band mentioned on pages 2 and 3 of the Escape 5.0 Towing Compatibility Guidelines:
  • About 2-7/8" high at the hitch with the Optional Retracted Pinbox Configuration
  • About 5-3/8" high at the hitch with the Standard Extended Pinbox Configuration
I do not know the real-world implications of that on tire-wear, weight transfer, etc .... others will need to opine on that.

Maybe not what you wanted to see, but perhaps useful info for your evaluation nonetheless?

Sorry, I don't have any 'solution' to offer, there's bound to be one (maybe other hitches can be adjusted lower than the Andersen?), I can only offer "Good Luck".
Thanks for all the research and input you have provided. Jon Robert suggested a “lowering shackle”. I’ve done some research, and it appears there is one available for my truck that will lower the rear by 1.4”’s. It’s a fairly easy bolt on, plug and play solution and only a couple of hundred bucks. I’m also going to look at airbags to see if they offer any lowering ability as they do on the Dodge. Lastly there is always the option of going to lower profile tires on my truck which will get me 1/2” lower. However, if the Lowering Shackle performs as advertised, that should get my rail height down to approx. 57.5”’s, which is 1/2” below ETI’s max recommendation of 58”’s. As I stated earlier elsewhere, it’s gonna be close : /. Bty, where in Centex are you located? I’m in Aggieland ; )
The M&M’s is offline   Reply With Quote