Yet another Texan headed to Chilliwack! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #41

Trailer: 2012 17B
Another big storm expected Tuesday in NorCal. Drive safe.
Sally P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:09 PM   #42

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You ain't seen nothing yet.
$1.35 a liter for regular in North Van. That's $5.10 (CAD) a U.S. gallon. About $3.83 US / gallon, if my calculations are correct.
Fred I hope you take note of Glenn's comment. Best to fill up before you leave WA. As for us we head to BC next month, maybe I'll have to put in a few 5 gallon containers of gas and fill them before we get to BC!

Hope the rest of your trip goes well. Loved the pic of the Organ Mountains, we enjoyed that view last Feb. staying with friends in Las Cruces. Their place backs on a golf course with a lovely view of the mountains from the backyard.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:26 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Fred I hope you take note of Glenn's comment. Best to fill up before you leave WA. As for us we head to BC next month, maybe I'll have to put in a few 5 gallon containers of gas and fill them before we get to BC!

Adrian
For those crossing the border that wouldn't go well with the Border guards checking for terrorists and explosive materials being transported into CA.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
For those crossing the border that wouldn't go well with the Border guards checking for terrorists and explosive materials being transported into CA.
Golly, I have seen Canadians filling additional containers at Costco here in Bellingham. Maybe I'm missing something or they're not taking them back across the border.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:52 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
if you are at Escape today..how about some posted pics to commemorate the journey thus far...
Picked up the trailer today - a bit snow this morning. Dennis drove the trailer to Sumas as the regular driver said the roads were too bad for him to drive. Ha! He would have had a stroke over the roads we traveled on the way up.

The trailer is great - we're set up in a RV park in Washington now.

Pics are the parking area at Escape. Saw several of the new 5.0 TA in the parking lot. Sure looks like a lot of trailers are ready.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170109_074250.jpg   IMG_20170109_074338.jpg   IMG_20170109_074405.jpg  
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #46

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Oh, my. That is why many do not pick up in winter. Glad you have made it so far. Take it easy with that new gem.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Yes, sit tight for awhile if you can, storms all down CA this week.
You've got a perfect color truck for the snow!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #48

Trailer: pondering.....
wow...would not want to learn how to pull a trailer in that...perhaps join a wagon train this spring to BC.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Picked up the trailer today - a bit snow this morning. Dennis drove the trailer to Sumas as the regular driver said the roads were too bad for him to drive. Ha! He would have had a stroke over the roads we traveled on the way up.

Pics are the parking area at Escape. Saw several of the new 5.0 TA in the parking lot. Sure looks like a lot of trailers are ready.
Glad to hear things are still going well despite the weather, and if it is improving, so much the better. Sounds like despite the winter weather, things are going according to plan, good for you. Enjoy that new trailer.

Thanks for sharing the pics. I see Chilliwack got another skiff of snow. Although that is not much, it is a lot for that area. They don't see much snow in that valley. According to the folks I have talked to around there, it is the worst in a decade or two. For me, it is the mountain passes between Chilliwack and Calgary that concern me, but only time will tell. ;0
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #50

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Very 'Cool' , tdf! Congratulations! BTW, Chester, the regular driver, pulled our trailer at 80 mph from Chilliwack to Sumas. Debbie and I followed in cardiac mode! Count your blessings that Dennis was up for the challenge.....

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #51

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:

while most trailers in that pic look they got the new frameless windows...it looks like a 2017 Escape 19 with the thermal slider type windows directly behind the pickup in that pic...
also looks like it didn't get the storage box so is the snow sitting on top of the batteries....
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
My wife, Dora, and I started our trek today to Chilliwack, BC, for a January 16th orientation date on our 21' Escape travel trailer. Our first leg took us 573 miles and landed us in Las Cruces, NM. We saw a caravan of 4 hippie vans and a beautiful view of the Organ Mountains, near Las Cruces, as the last rays of sun shone on them. Tomorrow will bring new adventures!]

Regards,
Great pics, keep 'em coming. Hope you encounter better weather than the Texans who headed up that way ahead of you. Congrats on your new trailer and hope to see you on the road. Have a safe trip.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #53

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Quote:

Nice pics of the Escapes in the snow. Glad you made it up there safe and sound. Enjoy the trip back home. Guess it might be a while before you get back to Texas. So much to see along the way. Safe travels.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #54

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Weather reports look so rough through this week in CA, just take it slow and cautious. Gas up in Phoenix, even cheaper right now than it was in N AZ last week.

Made it to Bakersfield! Saw 1 Casita and
2 Escape 17s on CA-58 today!!! Will evaluate our next leg tonight.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #55

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Stay safe and have a great travel day tomorrow!

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:22 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper-tx View Post
In Sabine county I just walked in and got registration and plates. The title came later and it says on it, "No VIN inspection".
A friend in Austin registered hers before pickup also with no issues.

It is sad Thumper...even the DMV hotline lady told me that each county ha s a different interpretation of the rules.

Regards,

...never had an Escape"
Old 01-09-2017, 10:13 PM   #57

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Don't gas up in Lordsburg, NM, as it is expensive .
I use the Gas Buddy website (GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada) and their smartphone apps to check gasoline prices.

BTW, it looks like you will pay more for gasoline all the way up the West Coast, than you paid in Lordsburg, NM.
ThomasG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:32 PM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Wow, Siskiyou was bare at 5:00 and a disaster area at 8:00. We're hoping this whole system blows over by the weekend when we expect to be there.

Good luck tomorrow.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:33 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You ain't seen nothing yet.
$1.35 a liter for regular in North Van. That's $5.10 (CAD) a U.S. gallon. About $3.83 US / gallon, if my calculations are correct.

Oh, Canada is a different story. We we there two months last year and we learned quickly. But, it is what it is.

Regards,

...never had an Escape"
Old 01-10-2017, 12:38 AM   #60

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Wow, Siskiyou was bare at 5:00 and a disaster area at 8:00. We're hoping this whole system blows over by the weekend when we expect to be there.

Good luck tomorrow.

Ron
Hi Ron and others,
As one who has been up and down the coast many many times I have learned that the Siskiyou's can be a difficult and a bit dangerous pass to deal with in bad weather. Biggest danger comes from truck and auto drivers with poor tires and over speed. Nothing new there for you I'm sure.

I usually think about 101 - coast route for winter time driving BUT that road is windy and prone to mud slides and road washouts. Never the less, its generally my first choice .... regardless.

Another good choice would be to get as far as weather will allow and then sit tight warm and safe in your trailer. Wait for a good opportunity to dash. The big difference between Southern Oregon and BC / Southeast Alaska is that down there storms don't last as long. Wintertime? Yup can be pretty intense but relatively short lived compared to storm frontal systems we get.

Another good option is to take the "great circle route" to Salt Lake City. There you will likely find snow but it will be dry - better ... much better traction than the coastal wet snow. Great views too. Only word of caution is that when they plow the roads, the shoulder can look flat and as an extention of the road surface ... only to pull over and find its soft powdery snow over the drainage ditch. Be careful pulling over!

Good Luck Ron - please keep us up to date as I really enjoyed your last winters adventures. I may be looking at Baja myself in late Feb. - not sure.

Tom