A few tiny mods....it's the little things - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2019, 10:35 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
A few tiny mods....it's the little things

When we got our trailer back home to Austin several days ago I set out doing a few small tweaks to things we already knew we wanted to do, or discovered on the trip home that needed to be done. These are all very small mods, but sometimes it's the very little things that can make a difference in livability - although thanks to all of you on the forum I also have a lengthy list of bigger projects that I want to tackle eventually as time permits.

We discovered on our first few days of travel that we have some of the wonderful self-opening frameless awning windows, we could see in the truck's mirrors that several had worked loose and were open a little bit and bouncing from the wind at highway speed. We stopped and closed them but they came loose again right away. I knew not to crank them closed really hard, but we found that a sock wrapped around the crank provided enough resistance to eliminate the problem.

I got some 2 inch thick foam and cut out pieces into kind of a horseshoe shape. It's easy to stuff them in around the window crank, and this will now be part of our "pack up for travel" routine on driving days on all the windows. They're easy to pull off and stow when we arrive, and smell much better than dirty sweat socks We don't mind doing this because we otherwise really like the look and function of the frameless awning windows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Window Snuggies.jpg (298.3 KB, 128 views)