Can I add an outdoor shower - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2023, 12:02 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Can I add an outdoor shower

Hi, I’m new to the community and don’t own an Escape, yet. I’m looking at a 5.0 that doesn’t have an outdoor shower. Is it very difficult to add an outdoor shower? Can it even be done? Thanks.
shlm2umac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 05:44 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape
https://www.rvpartscountry.com/rv-ou...wer-white.html

Install one of these and hook up the water lines. But you might want to try the trailer a few times before you install it. An outside shower is often listed as one option people would not choose again.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:17 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
https://www.rvpartscountry.com/rv-ou...wer-white.html .... An outside shower is often listed as one option people would not choose again.
I went overboard on outside shower and ordered one for both sides on my 2021 21NE trailer. I removed the shower on the driver side and used the space to install a hatch to access storage. I boxed off the storage area and use it for storing water hoses, shore power cord, extra fittings and things. I gave away the removed shower and plumbing parts.

I have not used the passenger side shower and probably never will. I am thinking that I will use it for kitchen duty so I recently purchased a spigot and ball valve so I can.
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:36 AM   #4

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
It can be added. Installation difficulty varies with location of shower due to plumbing access.

Some people love and use their outdoor showers, others don’t have them or want them. That is one of those never ending debates.

If you know you will use it, add, or have it added. If you are not sure about use- it just seems a good idea- camp some and then decide.
Old 04-30-2023, 08:59 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlm2umac View Post
Hi, I’m new to the community and don’t own an Escape, yet. I’m looking at a 5.0 that doesn’t have an outdoor shower. Is it very difficult to add an outdoor shower? Can it even be done? Thanks.
I have the passenger side outdoor shower on my 5.0 TA and use it quite often. We have a Cabella's shower tent that I set up next to the shower so we can reach out the tent window set the controls and bring the shower head in the tent. It works great. We also have a water tank and pump in the back of the truck so we can go and get more water if needed. I would think it would be relatively easy to locate the water pipes, tap in and cut in the shower fittings and box (readily available on Amazon or Campers World).
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 12:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
The easiest would be to install it on the passenger side. We only have one and it is on the passenger side. the shower box is under the kitchen sink and you would just T off of the water supply to the sink.

Here's a picture of it under the sink that I took someone else.

We use it for dishes, washing off feet, dog etc. Haven't ever used it for showering.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1310.jpg  
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 12:46 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
On my 21C, I installed one right next to the water heater on the 'street side'. This way it gets max hot water without having to flush the lines. I put it street side, because it mostly gets used for things like washing off muddy boots.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 12:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
On my 21C, I installed one right next to the water heater on the 'street side'. This way it gets max hot water without having to flush the lines. I put it street side, because it mostly gets used for things like washing off muddy boots.
Good Idea, definitely the best location for street side.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:34 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
I added a Bullfinch external shower valve to both the driver's side as well as passenger's side on our 15A. We use them often for showering, cleaning dishes, feet, etc. depending on the ambient temps

Like just about everything on our RVs...usefulness of this/that accessory is application driven. Per a few posts above, I'd suggest using your Escape a few times to figure out exactly what you need & want...
Old 04-30-2023, 06:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstreight View Post
I added a Bullfinch external shower valve to both the driver's side as well as passenger's side on our 15A.
Interesting I hadn't ever heard of a Bullfinch https://www.thecampervanshop.com/sho...v=79cba1185463

I like how compact it is so not such a big hole in the side of the trailer. Not sure but it looks like the only attachment is the white hose with the dish sprayer head on it. How does the water valve and hose work for you?

One thing I don't like about the standard escape outside shower is the way the knobs are recessed and in a small box and hard to turn off and on and adjust the temp. I think the one handle control would be an improvement.
Old 04-30-2023, 06:19 PM   #11

Bulfinch also makes a external gas connection that looks pretty cool I guess they must be reliable if they make one for gas quick connect. I just found this on ebay UK so may not be sold in North America.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17569723757...Bk9SR7bUqsX6YQ
Old 04-30-2023, 06:57 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
Interesting I hadn't ever heard of a Bullfinch https://www.thecampervanshop.com/sho...v=79cba1185463

I like how compact it is so not such a big hole in the side of the trailer. Not sure but it looks like the only attachment is the white hose with the dish sprayer head on it. How does the water valve and hose work for you?

One thing I don't like about the standard escape outside shower is the way the knobs are recessed and in a small box and hard to turn off and on and adjust the temp. I think the one handle control would be an improvement.
I swapped a longer and much more flexible SS hose for the plastic variant that came with both of our Bullfinch systems and it works much better, coils up to 4" diameter and takes up little space. I would appreciate a little more "granularity" between hot & cold but after getting used to it, its fine.

And, the kitchen style on/off sprayer they both came with, has a super powerful spray pattern that also translates to big water usage. So, once again, I swapped it for a Moen (I think) on/off kitchen type sprayer, drilled a 3/32" hole in a dime sized piece of plastic and inserted it between the sprayer and the SS hose and was able to get the flow down to 1.1GPM while keeping good pressure.

Lastly and FWIW, I ordered both Bullfinch shower systems directly from Bullfinch in GB. They were great to deal with and very quick shipping. After installing the first unit we later wanted the same on the driver's side too. I found what appeared to be the genuine Bullfinch unit being sold by an American overland type company but after ordering & receiving it...it wasn't genuine Bullfinch and wasn't of similar quality. I had problems with it, the company wouldn't take it back and then I just ordered another from Bullfinch. So beware there seem to be counterfeits out there.