My "Escape to Margaritaville" Alterations & Mods - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2024, 12:19 AM   #61

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
Hey h2owmn,

Glad to hear that there was something here that could help you. That's what all this is about....
Glad to have been of some help to you.

Cheers to ya.... and Happy Trails....... Jack
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 09:41 PM   #62

Small undermount storage compartment

Hi All,

In the photo here you'll notice that I mounted a metal (ammo container) container that I purchased from Harbor Freight under the left side of the trailer. It adds a little storage storage for some tools and things. At it's location, when the stabilizer jack is in the up position you can't unlatch it to pen (security) but when you drop the stabilizer down just a bit you can. Just a cheap add-on. Under $20 for the container, few screws, and some spray paint for your favorite color. The container it water tight as well.

All comment are welcome........ enjoy!

Cheers to ya...... and Happy Trails......Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_E9129.jpg  
Old 03-18-2024, 07:25 AM   #63

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack sparrow View Post
Hi All,

A few weeks back when the weather was good , I tackled the job of adding the Furrion side marker lights / camera to my Escape 21.
Questions are always welcome..... Enjoy....
Cheers to ya........ and Happy Trails..... Jack
Hi Jack

I've been curious about your Furion marker light cameras. It appears they are mounted on the front corners facing backward. So you are monitoring along the sides of your trailer? Where do you see the video images, in your truck or on a monitor inside your trailer?

Thanks
Old 03-18-2024, 02:51 PM   #64

Hi Lyle,
They work fantastic. The monitor is in my truck and the cameras are powered on by the same power as the marker lights. I bought the rear backup camera from ETI and they power the rear backup camera from one of the top marker lights.

But if you wanted to you can add another source of power in the trailer and put them on a switch .

The marker cameras come in while traveling and in traffic as you get a better view of what's beside you. They are also great when you're having to back up on your blind side. Cause when you are backing into a spot and don't have a spotter watching out for you, with the marker camera you can still have a clear view down that side of the trailer. Rule of thumb, never back into a spot on the blind side if at all possible.

The monitor can be removed out the truck and brought back into the camper and if you power on the marker lights you can use the cameras as security while you are in the camper.

All depends on the way you power them. It's up to you and not hard to do.

Cheers...... to ya and Happy Trails......... Jack
Old 03-18-2024, 03:08 PM   #65

Tow vehicle backup camera

HI ALL,

In the next couple of pictures I'm showing you an alteration that I made to my TV to help in hooking up when it's time to break camp.

I mounted a Furrion backup camera on my Lexus Gx470 TV.

This camera is tilted downward to give me guidance in hooking up my Escape. Easy to get the TV and Escape lined up and cuts on hookup time. And while your traveling you can keep an eye on things or just turn the camera off when not in use. When not traveling with the trailer this camera works as a great rear view camera / mirror.

I'm just a gadget junkie I guess.

Comments are always welcome.......enjoy!

Cheers...... to ya and Happy Trails........Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9159.jpg   IMG_9158 2.jpg  
Old 03-18-2024, 03:45 PM   #66

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Are you able to have the cameras display on your Lexus screen, or do you have to use an additional Furrion screen?

I would be interested in these if that's possible. We just got a new Tundra and I would expect what ever works for a Lexus would also work for a Toyota.

Toyota is coming out with their own wireless camera that works on either the rear view mirror video screen or the main display but it's kind of clunky, bigger than the Furrion camera and I like the side marker cameras.

https://www.toyota.com/tundra/accessories/exterior/W1/

I'm guessing it's because it has a battery in it but it can also be direct wired to power but it would be better in my opinion if it didn't have the battery.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 03:57 PM   #67

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
If the Furrion cameras have a phone app that would let you display on your phone then I could use car-play to display on the Toyota screen. It wouldn't display on the rear view mirror screen but I could live with that.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:47 PM   #68

Hi DanandDaphe,

I am using the Furrion monitor that came with the backup camera from ETI. However after getting my trailer home and after a couple months through the winter left me shopping for our new trailer. I am a retired truck driver / many other hats as well...... anyway. When I came across the marker light cameras it was a no brainier for me. The way some folks drive these days you need to know what is going on around your rig at all times and this system gives you the eyes where you need them weather your traveling down the road, getting fuel, parking in a big box lot or backing into your camping spot you need all the eyes you can muster.

I'm pretty sure that these cameras only work with their own monitors and cameras. The cameras pair to the monitor and I have found that if you.... say wanted a monitor for inside the trailer (security) and one for the truck, viewing the same cameras...... that doesn't work. You can pair some cameras to one and the rest to the other. Don't ask how I know.

So moral to this story is...... I can't say and don't believe that the camera would hook up to a toyota factory system. Unless Furrion has made new changes that I not aware of.... and that too could be possible. Electronics these days change in the blink of the eye. No telling what's next.

Cheers.......to ya and Happy Trails.......Jack
Old 03-18-2024, 06:04 PM   #69

Manual trailer jack modification

Hi All,

Here are a few pictures that shows what I did to my trailer jack. No there are many that have made this modification to their manual trailer jack, so I am not showing you anything that hasn't been done already, except my modification allows me to lock it to where you can't raise or lower it. I used the same lock system that I post in a earlier post. I have these lock on my tongue jack and my stabilizer jacks and my rear jack (that mod is posted on this thread as well) for added security.

Also you'll notice another piece of security on the tongue, which is the Proven Industries tongue/ball/chains lock. Love their products, they work.

The last picture is the jack that I put on the rear of the trailer and jack it down just to have some pressure at the rear. Just another layer for security.

As always.... comments are welcome........enjoy!

Cheers....... to ya and Happy Trails......Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9153.jpg   IMG_9154.jpg   IMG_9155.jpg   IMG_9156.jpg   IMG_9157.jpg  

IMG_9018.jpg  
Old 03-27-2024, 12:01 AM   #70

Sewer hose storage

Hello All,

No I've not dropped off the face of the earth yet, just was out doing a little camping with the wife.

Anyway, in the photos here will show a modification that I did to my 21NE using the 5" pvc / plastic fence post from the big box store. I added two of them to the trailer which now I have three sewer hose storage tubes total counting the one ETI supplies us with.

I made each one 6ft long, which gives you 6" of length past the frame rail on the outside edge. On the passenger side caps are fasten with a couple screws. The compartments only open on the driver side and I have an eye bolt fasten to the cap and a spring that is fasten the post cover it self. The spring has a small hook attached to it so you can fasten it to the eye bolt to secure the cape in place. It has plenty enough tension and works very well. Nice and clean install.

Many have done this same modification before me and I thank them for sharing their ideas with us here. I'm just paying it forward so to speak.

All comments are welcome........ enjoy.

Cheers to ya........ and Happy Trails.........Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_E9130.jpg   IMG_E9128.jpg   IMG_E9127.jpg   IMG_E9131.jpg  
Old 03-29-2024, 08:42 PM   #71

Amdient / Mood lighting

Hi All,

While camping last week it was the first time for us having the television. My television is located on the fridge wall at the foot of the bed. We're talking 21NE here.

Any way as I was watching a movie and the commercial would come on and the sound / volume goes up and you're trying to lower it but can't find the button on the remote in the dark. Found myself not liking to turn on the overhead light cause my other half (wife) is sleeping, thus a need for a mod / alteration of some sort for a small amount of ambient lighting and I came up with a mod, so here we go.

I took the overhead light down from the cabinet and drilled 3 small holes in it and added three pre-wired leds (orange in color). BMW's have orange led ambient lights in them. since I had power there, I made a few alterations with the wires and added a small switch to locate closer to the back corner where I sleep and easy access to turn the light on. Mounted the light back to the cabinet and I back in business with a nice little source of lighting that wouldn't disturb the other half while I watch television.

Check out the photos to see what I came up with here. Enjoy and as always, comments welcomed.

Cheers to ya....... and Happy Trails....... Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9239.jpg   IMG_9233.jpg   IMG_9234.jpg   IMG_9237.jpg  
Old 03-29-2024, 08:51 PM   #72

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Comments?

Dude, you are mod mad.

And keep 'em coming.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 06:24 AM   #73

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Hello All,

Anyway, in the photos here will show a modification that I did to my 21NE using the 5" pvc / plastic fence post from the big box store. I added two of them to the trailer which now I have three sewer hose storage tubes total counting the one ETI supplies us with.
.........Jack

Slick mod.
What is the intended purpose of these new tubes?
Old 03-30-2024, 09:24 AM   #74

Hey HabberDabber,

Thanks for the come back and glad you like the Mod / Alterations.

Cheers to ya......... and Happy Trails...... Jack
Old 03-30-2024, 09:33 AM   #75

Hi Lyle,

The purpose of these new tubes it to carry a couple more sewer hoses and their couplings cause not all campgrounds are created equal or designed to any standard.
These new tubes are larger than the one from ETI and there is nothing wrong with it if it works for you, but you can only carry one sewer line. There are times when an extra line is needed, thus the extra tubes.

It's a nice clean mod that looks good as well. Or so I think. And by no means am I the first to have made these, hats off to those that have done it before me and shared.

Cheers to ya....... and Happy Trails....... Jack
Old 03-30-2024, 09:42 PM   #76
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Hi Lyle,

The purpose of these new tubes it to carry a couple more sewer hoses and their couplings cause not all campgrounds are created equal or designed to any standard.
These new tubes are larger than the one from ETI and there is nothing wrong with it if it works for you, but you can only carry one sewer line. There are times when an extra line is needed, thus the extra tubes.
I find that the Escape original hose tube holds 20' of hose, which so far has been plenty. Have you needed more?
Old 03-30-2024, 09:45 PM   #77

Pantry lights

Hi All,

New day and a new mod / alteration. Here on this thread there is the mod that I did by adding drawers to the wardrobe closet and making it a pantry instead. Well to help you look for your next snack or whatever, I added lights to each of the three levels in the pantry.

I used some led bars that I purchased from Amazon and a magnetic reed switch to turn the lights on when the door is open and off when it's closed. Works really well and the led lights puts out plenty of light to help you find the things you're looking for.

This was a nice little afternoon job. Check out the photos and as always, your comments are welcome. Enjoy!!

Cheers to ya...... and Happy Trails........Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9247.jpg   IMG_9248.jpg   IMG_9249.jpg   IMG_9250.jpg  
Old 03-31-2024, 11:10 PM   #78

Flood Lighting

Hi All,

This is some external lighting that I added to my Escape 21NE. Really helps when I'm coming off the road at night or while camping have a need for some extra light.

The rear light bars are 23" each with a total number of 36 leds in each. They also have multiple functions as if I broke down on the side of the road. I can place them in a strobe or blinking mode and there are a few more options as well. I can turn them on from inside of my TV or if I'm in bed and have a need to turn them on from there, I have a switch overhead that I can simply reach and turn them on.

The smaller lights are position pointing outward behind the mud flaps at an angle as the ones towards the front by the stabilizer jacks are as well. This gives me plenty of lighting down both sides of the trailer as well as the back, should I need it.

I think they look pretty good, what do you think, as all comments are welcome. Enjoy...

Cheers to ya...... and Happy Trails....... Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_E9126.jpg   IMG_E9125.jpg   IMG_9241.jpg   IMG_9242.jpg  
Old 04-01-2024, 12:46 PM   #79

Trailer: 2024 E21c
We are in the process of completing our build sheet for our 21c. The Laguna Mount is no longer offered as a option. We noticed on a 2023 E21c that we viewed that ETI had installed an angle metal brace behind where the Laguna Mount was installed. Did you install any bracing?
Beep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 12:55 PM   #80

Trailer: 2024 E21c
Did you order your trailer with reinforced walls for the closet?
Beep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alterations, jack, margaritaville, mods, simulators