My "Escape to Margaritaville" Alterations & Mods - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2024, 12:07 PM   #41

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
Thanks for the extra photos
Old 03-09-2024, 12:52 PM   #42

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
Under sink drawer / pull out shelf

Hi All,

Yesterday I started building a pullout shelf / drawer for under the sink cabinet. Made up the frame work / mounting brackets for the 18" full extension soft slides that I used. My cabinet opening was 15" wide so I made the frame work to 15" and the drawer is 14" wide x 16" long. The slides take up a 1/2" on each side to make the difference in drawer size. The bottom of the drawer was done in 1/2" plywood / furniture grade.

So I built it all up yesterday afternoon and mounted it in the cabinet and put an Oak front on it. Front of drawer is set back about an inch to allow for the hanging towel on back of cabinet door.

Here are photos of the finished project. All comments are welcome. Enjoy..

Cheers to ya....... and Happy Trails....... Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9092.jpg   IMG_9093.jpg   IMG_9094.jpg   IMG_9095.jpg   IMG_9096.jpg  

jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 01:33 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Very nice work on the slide-out.

You may have missed my question in post #40.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2024, 01:37 PM   #44

Up Righted Chocks

Hi All,

Back in the beginning (Post #1) I wrote of thee wheel covers that I use instead of buying the aluminum wheels. I've used these wheel simulators on all my trailers. ( utility, cargo, Escape) They look good and are easy to clean. I have all the original sets that I installed on each of my trailers / 4 to be exact, and 3 of the trailers have been sporting them for over 7 years without a problem with any of them.

Now my new Escape has them and the set with center caps cost under $200 bucks.

I almost forgot....... I that post someone noticed that my HF Chocks were upside down (good eye for details) and the photo has been retaken and posted here.

As always..... all comments are welcome.... Enjoy!

Cheers to ya..... and Happy Trails.......... Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_E9059.jpg  
Old 03-09-2024, 06:53 PM   #45

Hi Lyle, (iamunique127)

No there is not a block that goes through the wall. The mount that they provide is metal as you see in my photos and they do have a kit that has the bolts, a couple plastic wedge shape shims, and a block of plywood to fasten to the back side of the wall. The piece they sell is 9 1/2" x 6 3/4" and is 1/2" plywood.

Hope this helps or if you have any other questions....... I'm here.

Cheers to ya...... and Happy Trails.......Jack
Old 03-10-2024, 05:38 PM   #46

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamunique127 View Post
In photo #2 of the Lagun table: does the Lagun mount have a squarish portion that goes through the wall? I did not realize that. I thought it mounted externally on the wall.
What you see looks like a digital temp/humidity display that was stuck on the backside of the dinette seat wall.
Old 03-10-2024, 05:41 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
What you see looks like a digital temp/humidity display that was stuck on the backside of the dinette seat wall.
Thanks. That’s what I was wondering about.
iamunique127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 05:46 PM   #48

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
I almost forgot....... I that post someone noticed that my HF Chocks were upside down (good eye for details) and the photo has been retaken and posted here.

As always..... all comments are welcome.... Enjoy!

Cheers to ya..... and Happy Trails.......... Jack[/QUOTE]

I didn’t expect you to flip the chocks, Jack! I was only suggesting rotating the photograph to put the chocks right side up!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 08:19 PM   #49

Hey Steve Clark,

No problem at all.

Been working on the trailer today. Added couple more fuse blocks. One in the front and two in the back (one on each side) for whatever and whenever I need 12v. Don't like tapping into existing lines to much.

I added a new line from the front to the back. Boy that was a real pain getting it ran behind the shower, under the heater and under the fridge.
Even with the little cable camera that I posted here, there still was an obstacle course to navigate. Won't do it again any time soon.

Cheers to ya........ and Happy Trails ......Jack
Old 03-10-2024, 11:05 PM   #50

Tv Mount and Location

Hi All,

In the next few photos I show the location of my Smart Tv and the mount that I used . The mount locks in place during travel and it is an all around go setup for the price. Purchased from Amazon and the Smart Tv came from there as well. The Tv is powered by house hold current as well as 12volts. I have it wired into the trailer using 12 volts.

I also added a Boss sound bar to the Tv. I mounted the sound bar to the bottom of the Tv using part of the Tv mounting stand a a piece of aluminum channel stock. You should be able to see it in the photos.

Must say..... it sounds great. It is blue tooth compatible as well so you can play music from your phone on it when not using the Tv.
Ths Boss sound bar came from Sam's.

Comments are always welcome.... enjoy.

Cheers to ya...... and Happy Trails....... Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8964.jpg   IMG_8965.jpg   IMG_8966.jpg   IMG_8967.jpg  
Old 03-10-2024, 11:13 PM   #51

Furrion Side Cameras

Hi All,

A few weeks back when the weather was good , I tackled the job of adding the Furrion side marker lights / camera to my Escape 21.

The install went well, only 4 wires to contend with. One wire not used and one was ground and the other two you twisted together for power to the light and camera. Yes if you wanted to you could come up with other configurations for powering the lights and camera separate. It you chose as to what the out come will be to fit your needs.

Questions are always welcome..... Enjoy....

Cheers to ya........ and Happy Trails..... Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8986.jpg   IMG_8987.jpg  
Old 03-10-2024, 11:33 PM   #52

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack sparrow View Post

I added a new line from the front to the back. Boy that was a real pain getting it ran behind the shower, under the heater and under the fridge.
Even with the little cable camera that I posted here, there still was an obstacle course to navigate. Won't do it again any time soon.

Cheers to ya........ and Happy Trails ......Jack
Actually that's a job that you only have to do once if you pull a cord through. If the cord is more than twice the distance, with a loop in the middle, you can pull numerous other wires and cables through without much effort. Pull the loop to one end or the other, works in both directions.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 10:49 PM   #53

Hi Ron, That is a great idea by using a cord with the loop in the middle. You must of had a clear shot from the back to the front to feed that cord down through there. Wished that would have been my case. I was using that inspection camera (post #9) to find a clear path from the front to the back.

I ended up putting two wires together side by side and feeding the from the back up towards the front. Once that feed stopped I went to the front and ran the inspection camera back down through there and was able to seem new wire. I was able to attach the hook assembly that came with the camera and run it back to the wire and fish it to me. What a job.

If I ever find myself doing that again, I'll surely pull a cord up through there as you suggested. Thanks for the tip, it is a way to go. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Cheers to ya...... and Happy Trails...... Jack
Old 03-11-2024, 11:07 PM   #54

Intelligent Water Pump Controller

Hi All,

In this project I installed "The Intelligent Water Pump Controller" into my 21NE. In the photos that I took you'll see where I located the controller and pretty much how it is hooked up. It was easy and it made a world of difference in the operation of the pump and cut down the noise level a great deal compared to without it.

This controll allowed me to have smooth operation of the water supply, pressure, and a host of safety features as well. I didn't want an accumulator tank so I went with this and had it up and running in about 30 minutes.

Here is a link to a guy that installed into his rig and he goes over all the safety features it has in pretty good detail.

And here is the company's web site that you can check it out at and for current pricing. irvwpc.com

I love the way it works in my Escape, money well spent for smooth operation and peace of mind based on it's safety features that I use.

All comments are welcome..... enjoy!

Cheers to ya....... and Happy Trails...... Jack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_E9068.jpg   IMG_9069.jpg   IMG_9070.jpg   IMG_9071.jpg  
Old 03-12-2024, 07:47 AM   #55
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
That pump controller seems like a good idea, if it will keep the pump from chugging at low-flow, and also to quiet it down when you flush the toilet in the middle of the night.

Would be nice if Escape added it in to new trailers, maybe as an option.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:58 AM   #56

Hi MrLynn,

The pump works great, no chugging at low flow. Water runs just like at home. That thumping noise is history with this and you can adjust the pressure to your liking. Not to mention the safety features. It is a plus plus.

Be sure to watch the video if you haven't already. They have videos on their site as well. irvwpc.com

This unit is made in Canada as well so ETI wouldn't have a problem getting it for a future option on new trailers.

Cheers to ya......... and Happy Trails...... Jack
Old 03-12-2024, 08:44 AM   #57
SRS

Trailer: 2022 Escape 17A, 2021 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
Quote:
Hi MrLynn,

The pump works great, no chugging at low flow. Water runs just like at home. That thumping noise is history with this and you can adjust the pressure to your liking. Not to mention the safety features. It is a plus plus.

Be sure to watch the video if you haven't already. They have videos on their site as well. irvwpc.com

This unit is made in Canada as well so ETI wouldn't have a problem getting it for a future option on new trailers.

Cheers to ya......... and Happy Trails...... Jack

Thanks for the photos. I'm in the process of installing the IRVWPC2 in my trailer. I haven't connected the wiring yet but my trailer is still winterized, we're still getting lows in the mid 20's F here. FWI, the new version of the IRVWPC2's control box is smaller. its black and 3.25 inches square. Good to hear it's working well for you.
SRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 11:22 PM   #58

Hey SRS,

Keep in touch with your project and let us know how it has worked for you. Also any installation tips or thoughts you'd like to share.

My 21NE with the bed in the back and when facing the bed the water pump to the right under the bed and just inside the doors. I added a small piece of wood to mount the controller to and be able to see the status led lights without haveing to crawl under there. Just open the door and stoop down to tak a look.

Enjoy!!

Old 03-13-2024, 08:46 AM   #59
SRS

Trailer: 2022 Escape 17A, 2021 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
Quote:
Hey SRS,

Keep in touch with your project and let us know how it has worked for you. Also any installation tips or thoughts you'd like to share.

My 21NE with the bed in the back and when facing the bed the water pump to the right under the bed and just inside the doors. I added a small piece of wood to mount the controller to and be able to see the status led lights without haveing to crawl under there. Just open the door and stoop down to tak a look.

Enjoy!!

I'll do that. I connected the wires yesterday so it's ready to test. Hopefully by the beginning of April I'll put the batteries back in, fill the water tank, and start testing all systems.
SRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 11:52 AM   #60

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
The pictures posted here helped me solve both my shoe and underbench storage problems with stuff I had already--it got my thoughts percolating. I love it when I can find a solution.

Thanks.

Tags
alterations, jack, margaritaville, mods, simulators