Question on TV mounting for 21NE - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-08-2024, 11:24 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21NE 2023
Question on TV mounting for 21NE

Hi,
New owner of a 21NE. I ordered the 1/2" reinforced wall between the bathroom and the dinette area and plan to mount a TV on the dinette wall approximately where the medicine cabinet is on the other side of the wall. Has anyone taken off the medicine cabinet and see if the back of the medicine cabinet abuts directly to the wall or is there any type of air gap? Or more to the point, what is the longest screw I can put in the dinette wall without penetrating the medicine cabinet?

Thanks for your thoughts,
John
Endymion42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I haven’t measured the wall, but typically ETI uses 1/2” plywood when it is used in the trailer.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:15 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I'm not sure that I'd gamble on drilling towards the back side of the cabinet hoping that there's an air space. It's not hard to pull out the cabinet and then you can drill to your heart's content.

ETI bulkheads are usually 3/4" but I don't know if reinforced ones are the same.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 01:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
I agree with Ron.

I picked up my 2023 21ne on 9/11/2023 and from my modding and travels throughout my Escape the walls are 3/4". I had all my walls upgraded to be solid ply between the stud work. 1/2" screws would do the job as long as you're not mounting a monster tv. Most smaller flat-screens don't weigh that much. You could still use a 3/4" screw...... by the time you go through the bracket and the 1/8" paneling, you would not come out the other side of the 3/4" plywood. Most of their frame work is done with 1"x 2" or 1"x3" witch equates to 3/4"x 1 1/2" and 3/4"x 2 1/2" frame work.
So look at the frame work under your bed and the filler plywood in the upgraded walls are 3/4" the same as your frame work.

At the end of the day.........it's ALL in what you feel comfortable with.

Cheers.... and Happy Trails to ya..... Jack
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 05:18 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21NE 2023
Thanks all! Jack, your description matches with my expectation and some hints from a couple during-construction pictures I received for the trailer. I have been trying to get better info directly from Escape but am finding it a slow process.
Endymion42 is offline   Reply With Quote