Television mounts - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have kept my tv mounted and strapped to the wall for travel for over 12,000 miles without any issues in both the 19 and 21 Escapes.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Skiman,

We have the standard ETI mount and it sags so the arm slants down a bit. The end of the TV nearest the wall mount is noticeably higher than the end away from the mount, and TV mount cannot be rotated to compensate. Does this mount allow the TV to be rotated to allow for this?

In the Amazon picture (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) with the extended arm I would need to be able to rotate the mounting plate counter clockwise.

I hope this makes sense - not sure I am being clear.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
Skiman,

We have the standard ETI mount and it sags so the arm slants down a bit. The end of the TV nearest the wall mount is noticeably higher than the end away from the mount, and TV mount cannot be rotated to compensate. Does this mount allow the TV to be rotated to allow for this?

In the Amazon picture (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) with the extended arm I would need to be able to rotate the mounting plate counter clockwise.

I hope this makes sense - not sure I am being clear.
Jamman,

The mount does not have provision to rotate about an axis perpendicular to the screen. I understand exactly what you mean. The mount seems very ridgid and is supposed to hold 25 lbs. Deflection on my 6 lb TV should be minimal. You probably can compensate a little on the mount to the wall. I'll let you know after mounting.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
Jamman,

The mount does not have provision to rotate about an axis perpendicular to the screen. I understand exactly what you mean. The mount seems very ridgid and is supposed to hold 25 lbs. Deflection on my 6 lb TV should be minimal. You probably can compensate a little on the mount to the wall. I'll let you know after mounting.
Ok,

Got the TV installed finally. The mount is very rigid and sag does not seem to be much of an issue. The latching mechanism works well. Installed this way the TV can face the bed, be swung out to face the counter, or swung all the way around to face the dinette. You will need to have the reinforced walls because there is a lot of rotational stress on the mount when it is swung out to face the dinette. I will probably stick a piece of foam under it while on the road as the Samsung 22' TV does not seem real strong in the mounting area.

The mount to the TV is over sized and was cut down for the 75 x 75 Vesa mount on the TV. I left the 100 x 100 holes in case I would every want to go with a Jensen or Naxa TV since they are 100 x 100 mounts.

I had a left over remote infrared sensor from a previous radio and installed that with velcro to the top of the TV. The ETI installed Stereo has and input for a remote sensor and it plugged right in. This allows the Jensen remote to work from the dinette.

I am very pleased with how it all turned out. Finding a mount with the right arm length was the key.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141122_124803497_HDR.jpg (157.9 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20141120_134550540.jpg (149.3 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20141120_134610879_HDR.jpg (202.5 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20141122_124720385 (1).jpg (94.9 KB, 132 views)

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #5

Trailer: looking to purchase 21 foot
was reading post on tv mount,getting our 21 in may 2016,did you reinforce, the wall your self
would prefer to do it myself,and do you travel with tv in place,
Barylski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:27 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
Ok,

I am very pleased with how it all turned out. Finding a mount with the right arm length was the key.
It looks fantastic. Good job.