5.0 TA Cover - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2024, 08:43 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
5.0 TA Cover

I've read comments about the Calmark cover. Any recent experiences with the Calmark? Any other cover recommendations? My experience at my location (a heavily treed area) is that it's less time consuming and difficult to cover the 5.0 than it is to scrub the tree debris off.

Pleasantly surprised at the number of ESCAPEs especially 5.0s at the recent Florida rally. I counted twelve 5.0s.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
We also park our 5.0TA under a tree and prefer to cover it.

Initially we used an ADCO cover. It lasted 4 yrs before the thread along the top seams disintegrated.

We then enquired if there was a cover ETI suggested and they referred us to the Classic Accessories covers on Amazon. Because they are intended for more traditionally-sized trailers, even the smallest cover is much wider and longer than our 5.0TA, hence there is a lot of loose fabric gathered by the cinch straps.

Those CA covers come with a 3 yr warranty and we have collected on the warranty twice, receiving new covers from them each time. The white material on the top of the Classic Accessory covers had broken down from the UV rays and simply fallen apart within the first year for both of the first two covers. We are now on the second winter of the third cover and the white material on top appears to be holding up fine. Perhaps they have changed fabric after too many warranty claims but it appears to be the same material. If the current cover falls apart I won't be ordering another Classic Accessories cover.

Other ppl on this forum have had better experiences with both ADCO and Classic Accessories covers.

I am very tempted to buy the properly sized and seemingly higher quality Calmark cover next time even though the cost is much higher.

There are several discussions on this forum about trailer covers and they should come up if you do a search.
Old 01-27-2024, 02:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Thanks I'll check those out jn