Adjusting Dometic Electric Awning - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I believe they are all 12v powered models, the manual option is no longer available.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #42

Trailer: 5.0, 2018/juillet
this is the 2 model ETI offer to me , The electric awning is a Dometic 9500E, the manual awning is a Carefree Manual Awning 351186B25.
Fournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #43

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fournier View Post
this is the 2 model ETI offer to me , The electric awning is a Dometic 9500E, the manual awning is a Carefree Manual Awning 351186B25.
That is interesting because around August of last year it was reported that a manual awning was no longer an option for the 21 or 5.0TA. The model you list appears to be the same Carefree Freedom WM so it doesn’t appear they changed the awning to make it work. Please advise if you get further details because this may be important to many working on build sheets.

See post:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...tml#post212310
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #44

Trailer: 17B
On retraction, my awning sticks out by 1/4 inch on one end (front) and seats fine in the middle and other end.

Reace wrote: "Loosen the nut shown in the photo below and slide each arm 1/8" toward the end of the lead rail."

Does he mean I should slide each arm 1/8" toward each end. In other words should I slide each arm outward, away from each other?

Or does the instruction mean to slide each arm in the same direction? I.e., should I slide each arm toward one "end of the lead rail"? If that is the case, which end should I slide them toward? The end that stands proud?

It may be worth noting that the rail is marked near the bolt (at the end that stands proud) as if the bolt slipped toward the middle. I have not put a socket on it but it is finger tight.

Thanks in advance,
David
David Todtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Hi David here is a video of Reace showing how to do the adjustments.

https://youtu.be/xq4jK-_OQGU
Old 05-04-2019, 06:43 PM   #46

By pulling the arm outward you are shortening the travel accordingly.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:21 PM   #47

Trailer: 2018 ESCAPE19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowen23 View Post
Some more info on the awning regarding rain concerns. ETI sent this to me this morning:

"A llittle more information on the electric awning. The awning is supposed to have a rain dumping system however, in our opinion it does not work. Which is why we have created a decal advising customers to close the awning when not in use avoiding damage if the rain pools. Dometic is aware of this problem and is working on the adjustment of the awning."
Our awning is flush and retracts well - tight - but it dips down on one side when it is extended. In other words, it works perfectly, except it looks a little odd dipping on that one side. The arms are bent differently. We have a 3/8 inch wrench in case it ever decided to NOT retract. That is what the manual says to use. But I see the 7/16 mentioned above. Frankly, the awning is great, but it scares us a bit. We disliked the manual ones a lot, so we are motivated. Should we be concerned since the ends are flush and it is tight? Thanks for advice.
Tam2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:38 PM   #48

Keeping it flush is nice, mine right now sticks out maybe 1/2" and I'll adjust next time out. As far as rain and dump feature we always bring ours in halfway so the the arms support the middle during rain, have not had any issues. Can you post a picture of the extended slope?
Old 07-22-2019, 06:47 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Having had to do some major maintenance on one, and getting a good how to from Reace, plus actually figuring what all the set screws actually do, rebuilding was not all that though. I had to remove an arm to replace a bent pin against the body. A bit of work, but not too hard. I did have to adjust the angle up on that side at a later date. The first job took near 2 hours, the last 15 minutes.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote