Dinette Seat Cushions slipping - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2022, 12:51 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Dinette Seat Cushions slipping

In our E19’, we have the standard dinette setup with bench seats and cushions. On the bench seat closest to the door, the cushion frequently shifts partially off the bench. This requires lifting up the back-cushion and repositioning the seat cushion. I have tried using rug gripper that I cut to the size of the bench seat cushion and placed between the bench and the cushion. This did not work. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Greeneama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Are your cushions the standard with vinyl on the bottom or the optional 'full wrap' with cloth upholstery on the bottom?
Old 07-19-2022, 01:38 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Fabric stores, even WalMart, sell velcro by the roll or piece. One on cushion back, one stuck to the wall worked for me.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:28 PM   #4
MVA

Trailer: 2017 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneama View Post
In our E19’, we have the standard dinette setup with bench seats and cushions. On the bench seat closest to the door, the cushion frequently shifts partially off the bench. This requires lifting up the back-cushion and repositioning the seat cushion. I have tried using rug gripper that I cut to the size of the bench seat cushion and placed between the bench and the cushion. This did not work. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
We also have an E19 and had a problem that sounds similar to your. The seat cushion on the door side always shifted away from the back of the bench. The cushion fit very snugly against the edge along the front of the trailer and the little bump out of the door framing, but would not stay in place. After a couple of years of constantly putting the cushion back where it belonged, I reached maximum annoyance with the problem. I unzipped the cushion to expose the foam inside, then took an X-Acto knife, a utility knife would also work, with a very sharp blade and proceeded to cut the foam to match the profile of the bump out of the door framing. I held the cushion with the exposed foam in place to determine how much foam needed to be removed and what the contour needed to look like. I also started by removing less than I thought would be needed to see how the foam cut and to make sure that I didn't remove too much. After 3 or 4 iterations the foam cushion fit very well. I did not make any modifications to the fabric covering and just zipped the cushion back up. During a 5 week trip the cushion stayed in place without any need to shove it back on the bench seat. Problem Solved!

Kathy
MVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:21 AM   #5

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
We do not like straight upright cushion backs. We put a pool noodle on top of the bottom cushion, then place the back cushion in front of the pool noodle. The cushion never slips down.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Are your cushions the standard with vinyl on the bottom or the optional 'full wrap' with cloth upholstery on the bottom?
We have full wrap cushions with upholstery fabric.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVA View Post
We also have an E19 and had a problem that sounds similar to your. The seat cushion on the door side always shifted away from the back of the bench. The cushion fit very snugly against the edge along the front of the trailer and the little bump out of the door framing, but would not stay in place. After a couple of years of constantly putting the cushion back where it belonged, I reached maximum annoyance with the problem. I unzipped the cushion to expose the foam inside, then took an X-Acto knife, a utility knife would also work, with a very sharp blade and proceeded to cut the foam to match the profile of the bump out of the door framing. I held the cushion with the exposed foam in place to determine how much foam needed to be removed and what the contour needed to look like. I also started by removing less than I thought would be needed to see how the foam cut and to make sure that I didn't remove too much. After 3 or 4 iterations the foam cushion fit very well. I did not make any modifications to the fabric covering and just zipped the cushion back up. During a 5 week trip the cushion stayed in place without any need to shove it back on the bench seat. Problem Solved!

Kathy
I like this idea and will take a close look at our cushion to see if I feel like i can do this. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:27 PM   #8
MVA

Trailer: 2017 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneama View Post
I like this idea and will take a close look at our cushion to see if I feel like i can do this. Thanks.
Send me a pm with your email and I will send you some pictures of the cushion and foam.

Kathy
MVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:21 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Brilliant! I'm going to try this with my seat cushion.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinette cushion