Dometic dfsad 12131 new diagnosis - spark hits door - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2021, 03:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 ESCAPE19
Dometic dfsad 12131 new diagnosis - spark hits door

NEW THEORY!! Bill Hall Mobile RV servicer -- Bend OR -- 20 years experience with RV's and very aware of these flawed Dometic furnaces came out a few days ago. Much to his surprise - when I turned on the furnace inside and he was outside he saw sparks coming down to the lower left of the furnace door (closed door) - he did get to hear the current symptoms (blower comes on - 3 attempts to ignite with 10 plus seconds in between in ignition attempt) does not ignite furnace shuts off. Small smell of gas at first.

Bill said the circuit board was throwing a spark that hits the metal door and scatters. He took a few minutes to cut some insulation to put over the board that is just a 4" part of a plastic bottle. The furnace has worked for several days now - but he and I am thinking over time the insulation could thin so we might seek another more sturdy solution.

After running the furnace for 2 days - the fix is holding. I will add pictures. And if this fix does not hold - I will post more later.

Tam2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 03:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 ESCAPE19
I don't know what happened to my pictures -- hoping they show up or I will try again later.
Tam2004 is offline   Reply With Quote