Dometic Furnace Issues Solved...Hopefully - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2021, 06:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Thumbs up Dometic Furnace Issues Solved...Hopefully

Just wanted to throw my name into the hat with others who have had to replace their ignition boards. My furnace is a Dometic dfsad12131 and came with my late 2019 19'. .

The Problem: Basically the issue was that the furnace would fire for the first cycle as the temp came up (or almost all the way there), then just bug out and not come on again.

Then: If I...left the thermostat on it would try to fire again some period later, maybe like 15-30 min, but would not ignite and shut down.

If I I...turned the thermostat off and then left it off for maybe 15-30 min, it would fire up again as described in the The Problem above.

If I...turned the thermostat off and then immediately turned it back on, it would not fire.

The Solution: I tried to clean the sail switch first, but did not help. I contacted Dometic warranty and they wanted me to go to a service center. I really didn't want to do that, since I use the trailer for my remote Covid office while my toddler uses the entire house (it's Ok, he is really cute), so I just decided to forget the warranty and bought a Dinosaur ignition board (Fan 50 Plus Pins). I read somewhere that they are high quality than a Dometic OEM board, plus I really like their retro website!: https://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/index.htm

Fired up perfectly and working as expected now. Will report back if I encounter any further issues. I will probably bring along Mr. Heater as backup in shoulder season.
adrianp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Send a message via MSN to jlovellford Send a message via Yahoo to jlovellford
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianp12 View Post
Just wanted to throw my name into the hat with others who have had to replace their ignition boards. My furnace is a Dometic dfsad12131 and came with my late 2019 19'. .

The Problem: Basically the issue was that the furnace would fire for the first cycle as the temp came up (or almost all the way there), then just bug out and not come on again.

Then: If I...left the thermostat on it would try to fire again some period later, maybe like 15-30 min, but would not ignite and shut down.

If I I...turned the thermostat off and then left it off for maybe 15-30 min, it would fire up again as described in the The Problem above.

If I...turned the thermostat off and then immediately turned it back on, it would not fire.

The Solution: I tried to clean the sail switch first, but did not help. I contacted Dometic warranty and they wanted me to go to a service center. I really didn't want to do that, since I use the trailer for my remote Covid office while my toddler uses the entire house (it's Ok, he is really cute), so I just decided to forget the warranty and bought a Dinosaur ignition board (Fan 50 Plus Pins). I read somewhere that they are high quality than a Dometic OEM board, plus I really like their retro website!: https://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/index.htm

Fired up perfectly and working as expected now. Will report back if I encounter any further issues. I will probably bring along Mr. Heater as backup in shoulder season.
I have the same late year 19’ escape withe the same problem. Could you specifically tell me what you bought and steps to replace? Any help is appreciated.
Jim LovellFord
Enumclaw, WA
mrlovellford1954@gmail.com
jlovellford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 11:44 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
It is so satisfying to solve a problem and know you won't have to worry about it during camping. Gotta keep that cute toddler warm!
Old 10-05-2023, 09:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlovellford View Post
I have the same late year 19’ escape withe the same problem. Could you specifically tell me what you bought and steps to replace? Any help is appreciated.
Jim LovellFord
Enumclaw, WA
mrlovellford1954@gmail.com
This what you want
https://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Fan_50_PIN.html

Tags
dinosaur, dometic furnace