Frameless Window Track - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2024, 10:39 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0
Send a message via MSN to jwashrn Send a message via Yahoo to jwashrn
Frameless Window Track

Leak in back window revealed weatherstripping/gasket around frame was pulled away from frame - have finished removing windows and replacing the rubber weatherstripping BUT the BR window. No work has been done and I'm the only owner but I can't get the window glass off cause it looks like the track has been crimped? If I remove the entire window will that release the track and window? Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8054.jpg   IMG_8053.jpg  
jwashrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 E19
BR = bathroom?

Looks as if someone got a bit carried away with some vise grips.

Yes, whole window will come out (glass, hinge, etc..) have a helper outside..............hinge is on exterior frame portion.

If you are just replacing the window frame to shell weatherstriping (gasket on mine) there is no need to remove the window from the track / exterior frame on a smaller window.

Here is an exterior shot of my rear frameless hinge (top right of window) for comparison. (2022 E19) I have a frameless kitchen window that looks just like my rear window around the hinge.
Attached Thumbnails
rear window hinge.jpg  
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 E19
I may have misunderstood......

Are you replacing the gasket between the glass and window frame versus the window frame and the trailer shell?

If the first, removing the whole window from the trailer will not "release" the glass panel from the hinge. Getting that squished track to release the window is going to take a lot of finessing....or buying a new one.........though it may be easier if the whole window unit is removed from the trailer.

UGH...........
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote