Input please... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2024, 07:46 AM   #1

Trailer: 2024 5.0 TA on order
Input please...

We have today to do more mental gymnastics before solidifying our 5.0 order tomorrow. The group here was awesome with twin bed ideas so two more areas of concern please...

1. Who has the Boss audio with 4 speaker system in their Escape? I suspect there is no HDMI on the back of the Boss receiver. So is there any type of audio / visual cord that we can have Escape hardwire into the build or is the bluetooth function seemless enough that a hardwired connection isn’t necessary? Is the Boss system decent enough? I also have to confirm where the Boss is mounted as we are thinking a TV screen is best situated on the right as you come in the door and between the bedroom...

2. We are going to go with the ‘stock’ table layout, not the u-shape for various reasons. Does the stock table ’slide’ enough and easily enough so a person can get into the seat storage without having to dismantle the table etc?

Thanks... p.s. I did a search but did not find much.
Al Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 11:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Can't help on either of those, but congratulations on ordering your 5.0. A decision well made!
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 11:24 AM   #3

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Stack table in an Escape 19

I have the stock table in my 2022 Escape 19 which I believe would be the same. Because I have a Magazine rack on the Bathroom wall beside the door, I pulled out the 4 screws that act as the table slide stops and replaced them with domed machine screws with lock nuts. This provided more than ample room for someone to pass though. I also replaced the screws that hold the tracks in place so that the screws shanks would not catch on my wife's quilted tablecloth and rounded the upper corners of the tracks for the same reason. That would have been a disaster if I had torn that. If you do decide to do the remember that you have removed the stops and nothing will prevent the table from leaving the track on a tight turn if you have not locked it in place with the friction lock before you travel. I hope this was useful for you.
Ken in AZ
Drives1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 11:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drives1937 View Post
I have the stock table in my 2022 Escape 19 which I believe would be the same. Because I have a Magazine rack on the Bathroom wall beside the door, I pulled out the 4 screws that act as the table slide stops and replaced them with domed machine screws with lock nuts. This provided more than ample room for someone to pass though. I also replaced the screws that hold the tracks in place so that the screws shanks would not catch on my wife's quilted tablecloth and rounded the upper corners of the tracks for the same reason. That would have been a disaster if I had torn that. If you do decide to do the remember that you have removed the stops and nothing will prevent the table from leaving the track on a tight turn if you have not locked it in place with the friction lock before you travel. I hope this was useful for you.
Ken in AZ
Thanks
Old 02-13-2024, 11:39 AM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Not sure about whether there is an HDMI connection on the Boss unit, and our trailer is not stored at home so I can not check that. The bluetooth can interface with a phone, have not tried it with TV.

We got a 12 volt TV and have been very happy with it. We did have to have ETI add a 12 volt receptacle at the TV antenna receptacle on the bedroom wall. We generally just go with the TV speakers and have found them adequate in the small space of the trailer. Having the TV at the foot of the bed makes it easy to watch in bed or to turn around and face the dinette.

We didn't like the standard TV wall mount offered by ETI, we got this one instead - it has a locking feature for stowing that has worked fine with no issues in five years of travel. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Roadtrucker.com has a number of 12 volt TV's, ours is a Skyworth 22".
Attached Thumbnails
TV1.jpg   TV2.jpg   TV3.jpg   TV4.jpg  
Old 02-13-2024, 11:52 AM   #6

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
We have the Boss with 4 speakers. If I had to do it again I would probably skip the Boss. It is lower quality than what's in our vehicle for example. So if you are anything of an audiophile you will be disappointed. It's worth what we paid for it but that's exactly it. If we paid $800 for the radio and speakers I'd be really disappointed. You get what you pay for. You could always get it and if you don't like it you could go to someplace that installs car stereo's and upgrade it.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Not sure about whether there is an HDMI connection on the Boss unit, and our trailer is not stored at home so I can not check that. The bluetooth can interface with a phone, have not tried it with TV.

We got a 12 volt TV and have been very happy with it. We did have to have ETI add a 12 volt receptacle at the TV antenna receptacle on the bedroom wall. We generally just go with the TV speakers and have found them adequate in the small space of the trailer. Having the TV at the foot of the bed makes it easy to watch in bed or to turn around and face the dinette.

We didn't like the standard TV wall mount offered by ETI, we got this one instead - it has a locking feature for stowing that has worked fine with no issues in five years of travel. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Roadtrucker.com has a number of 12 volt TV's, ours is a Skyworth 22".
Nice, thanks for the pics. What size TV is that? Is it safe to assume that the wires for the TV could run through that cabinet to the other side where a stereo receiver could be mounted?
Old 02-13-2024, 12:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kessenich View Post
We have the Boss with 4 speakers. If I had to do it again I would probably skip the Boss. It is lower quality than what's in our vehicle for example. So if you are anything of an audiophile you will be disappointed. It's worth what we paid for it but that's exactly it. If we paid $800 for the radio and speakers I'd be really disappointed. You get what you pay for. You could always get it and if you don't like it you could go to someplace that installs car stereo's and upgrade it.
Thanks that’s helpful. We are not audiophiles, but I’m seeing that Boss head on Amazon dot ca for $100 and it doesn’t seem to have a HDMI port.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Y View Post
Nice, thanks for the pics. What size TV is that? Is it safe to assume that the wires for the TV could run through that cabinet to the other side where a stereo receiver could be mounted?
The TV is 22" which we find plenty large enough. Not quite sure I understand your question about the wires, the power and antenna wires for the TV are external from the back of the TV to the wall plates on the very end of the upper bedroom cabinet above the Boss stereo unit. With the TV on an extendable mount like this, and being able to turn to face either way, there needs to be a fair amount of play in the wires.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:58 PM   #10

Quote:
The TV is 22" which we find plenty large enough. Not quite sure I understand your question about the wires, the power and antenna wires for the TV are external from the back of the TV to the wall plates on the very end of the upper bedroom cabinet above the Boss stereo unit. With the TV on an extendable mount like this, and being able to turn to face either way, there needs to be a fair amount of play in the wires.
Thanks. Sorry I missed that you already mentioned it was a 22” ... that mount looks good, thanks for the link.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:22 PM   #11

Quote:
it doesn’t seem to have a HDMI port.
I looked in my manual and it does not have an HDMI port. When you asked about it being flush mounted where the TV is I wasn't sure where you were meaning so I took a guess it's where the white speaker is and included a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
427974604_355686470725445_2646594396816429587_n.jpg  
Old 02-13-2024, 03:31 PM   #12

I just realized that the location of the Boss unit depends on whether you get the full or partial cabinet next to the door. With the partial cabinet, like Jeremy's, the stereo is mounted on the bottom of that upper cabinet. If you get the full cabinet next to the door, as we did, they mount the Boss unit under the upper bedroom cabinet next to one of the speakers.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:35 PM   #13

Quote:
I looked in my manual and it does not have an HDMI port. When you asked about it being flush mounted where the TV is I wasn't sure where you were meaning so I took a guess it's where the white speaker is and included a picture.
Ah, great thanks. Wondering if you want to put your TV audio through the Boss, then would you be able to put a 3.5 mm cable (think that’s what they are called) from the TV to the front of the Boss? You don’t have to answer, just thinking out loud.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:37 PM   #14

Quote:
I just realized that the location of the Boss unit depends on whether you get the full or partial cabinet next to the door. With the partial cabinet, like Jeremy's, the stereo is mounted on the bottom of that upper cabinet. If you get the full cabinet next to the door, as we did, they mount the Boss unit under the upper bedroom cabinet next to one of the speakers.
Haha, okay that’s clear now. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Ah, great thanks. Wondering if you want to put your TV audio through the Boss, then would you be able to put a 3.5 mm cable (think that’s what they are called) from the TV to the front of the Boss? You don’t have to answer, just thinking out loud.
There appears to be 9 what I'm guessing are RCA type jacks on the back of the unit. It would drive me nuts having a "permanent" wire cabled to the front of the unit.
Attached Thumbnails
426808583_820196339867667_8195346888930306646_n.jpg  
Old 02-13-2024, 04:41 PM   #16

Quote:
There appears to be 9 what I'm guessing are RCA type jacks on the back of the unit. It would drive me nuts having a "permanent" wire cabled to the front of the unit.
I hear ya. In trying to get some answers from them, in order to help decide if i should get the system or just the wiring, they said it would have to be done later. Hard to believe they wouldnt route a rca cable. They said they thought it could be tough, whatever that means. If i do get the Boss i suspect i can drop the Boss down to drill a small hole in the upper corner with a grommet and route an rca cable through to the tv area. Grrr...
Old 02-13-2024, 04:48 PM   #17

If you decide to wire your TV to the Boss unit for audio, it isn't hard to access the plugs in the back of the unit. There is a plastic trim piece which snaps off, and then with a couple of special little tools that come with the unit you can release it and pull it forward. I'm sure that's how they install it so there is enough slack in the wiring to do that rather than having to try to reach around the back side where you can't see anything. I had to do this recently to replace the unit when my original one died and it was pretty simple.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:58 PM   #18

Quote:
If you decide to wire your TV to the Boss unit for audio, it isn't hard to access the plugs in the back of the unit. There is a plastic trim piece which snaps off, and then with a couple of special little tools that come with the unit you can release it and pull it forward. I'm sure that's how they install it so there is enough slack in the wiring to do that rather than having to try to reach around the back side where you can't see anything. I had to do this recently to replace the unit when my original one died and it was pretty simple.
Good to know thanks. You replaced it with a similar Boss? Were you able to use the warranty?
Old 02-13-2024, 05:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Good to know thanks. You replaced it with a similar Boss? Were you able to use the warranty?
Outside the warranty - 4 years old. Not in love with the Boss unit, but it was just a lot easier to replace with the same thing, fit right into the external housing made for it.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Outside the warranty - 4 years old. Not in love with the Boss unit, but it was just a lot easier to replace with the same thing, fit right into the external housing made for it.
You bet. I was kinda hoping that housing would accept any 1 DIN head unit. Oh well, won’t worry about it for 3 years and 1 month Thanks again.