Furnace problem - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2020, 04:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Furnace problem

We picked up our new E19 on 3/23 and camped in Blaine, Wa. Well since it was cold the first thing we noticed was that the furnace would not put out warm air from the blower and the only way to get the blower to stop running was to disconnect the power and turn off the battery. Turning off at the thermostat had no effect, the blower just kept blowing air.

We are home in Houston now and I took off the cover outside and after cleaning the sail switch and reinstalling had the same problem. The trouble shooting light on the mother board is flashing two red flashes meaning a "flame sense fault". I have tried to get any air out of the the propane lines by running all the appliances and still no problem resolution.

My model no is DFSAD12131 and I just sent an email to Dometic with the same info.

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and what solution finally solved the problem. I did not find anything in past threads about this type of problem. Thanks in advance for any help.
Glens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
We had this same issue happen to us. We ended up replacing the circuit board, no more issues
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:02 AM   #3

Here is the response from Dometic. Hmmm, perhaps because of covid they will just send the parts.

Good morning Glen,

There could be two things wrong bad electrode or bad board. Here are the part numbers 31501 for the board and 35100 for the electrode. If this is under warranty you would want to get into a service center so you don’t do anything to void your warranty.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 19'
Hi Glens,

It is my experience that Dometic will only cover warranty issues/parts by working with an authorized service center. Dometic can point you to a 'local' service center, and the service center can place the warranty order. Not the easiest solution, but that is how Dometic handles it.

Sam
mistertinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glens View Post
We picked up our new E19 on 3/23 and camped in Blaine, Wa. Well since it was cold the first thing we noticed was that the furnace would not put out warm air from the blower and the only way to get the blower to stop running was to disconnect the power and turn off the battery. Turning off at the thermostat had no effect, the blower just kept blowing air.

We are home in Houston now and I took off the cover outside and after cleaning the sail switch and reinstalling had the same problem. The trouble shooting light on the mother board is flashing two red flashes meaning a "flame sense fault". I have tried to get any air out of the the propane lines by running all the appliances and still no problem resolution.

My model no is DFSAD12131 and I just sent an email to Dometic with the same info.

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and what solution finally solved the problem. I did not find anything in past threads about this type of problem. Thanks in advance for any help.
You definitely want Dometic to repair this under warranty as the board is not cheap.

After repair, there may be something you might want to think about. The DFSAD12131 (along with a number of your RV devices) doesn't like voltages over 13.5 vdc. The converter in your trailer puts out 13.6 vdc in absorption and 14.4 vdc while in bulk mode. If you have solar, it gets even worse.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post278437

I now have voltage regulators on all my devices.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #6

Thank tif-Texas. Took trailer to PPL and they will repair under warranty and they are not busy. Should get back next week and hopefully we can go camping sometime in the near future.