Furnace sail switch 2.0 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2022, 10:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0 deposit in
Furnace sail switch 2.0

We have a 2019 5.0 that we bought last December. Since we have owned it the Dometic furnace has not worked. After some research the problem was narrowed to the sail switch. When the outside furnace door is removed the flashing red light indicates an airflow problem. I removed the ss and made sure the inside thermostat was set on automatic and the outside reset switch was ready. With the metal paddle open the blower will run for a short while and in theory if installed properly the blower will cause the switch to close and the propane will ignite, however this has never happened as intended. I have ordered and tried 2 other sail switches with the same result. The third switch even had a special bracket that was supposed to fit better but it doesn't. The only way I could get the furnace to run is to stand outside holding the switch open and when the blower starts manually close the switch and use a twist tie to hold it closed until the thermostat turns the furnace off but of course will not restart on it own because the switch is closed. Obviously this is only an emergency fix but I don't know what else to try. I know there is no foreign debris in the blower box or switch contact points. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Patrickinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:11 AM   #2

Trailer: 21
Try bending the arm of the switch just a tiny bit or change out your control board other have had the same issue changed out their control board n never had any more issues