Furrion Monitor problem - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2023, 04:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C
Furrion Monitor problem

I’ve read the related threads on the Furrion Camera and haven’t seen the problem I’m experiencing. Trailer is a 2022 21C with the factory installed Furrion back up camera. The camera and monitor both worked well last year with my old TV Honda Ridgeline. I just got a new TV 2023 Silverado High Country. The monitor will connect to the camera but only for a few seconds then display lost connection. After a few seconds it will connect to the camera and the cycle continuously repeats. The display and camera never loose 12 volt power. Both antennas are connected. If I move the monitor inside the trailer I have a continuous view with no interruptions. I believe there could be something in the TV that is causing the signal to drop out then reconnect.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
Pairofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 05:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
I remember a few years ago the same issue with Siverardo trucks and that particular system. I suggest you contact Furrion, I believe there was a device that cleared it up, but I might be misremembering.

Ah try turning the headlights off of auto and turn them on manually . Do a search of the forum.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 08:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 21
On a Silverado the lights need to be turned on to manual. Our camera never worked when the lights were in auto mode
Old 05-05-2023, 06:57 AM   #4

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairofkings View Post
.... I believe there could be something in the TV that is causing the signal to drop out then reconnect.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
I had a similar problem and got no where with Furrion. They suggested I buy something they were selling for around $100. This was a couple years ago. Since then they may have made changes to their camera but back then it was a problem with their circuitry that couldn't deal with modern vehicles that have LED lighting and vehicles that include circuitry to check for malfunctioning lights.

To fix the problem, people added a capacitor to the camera circuit. I paid around $9 for a fix from Amazon. Here is a link to several. I purchased the first one listed that has foam around it. It works.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Car+Backu...f=nb_sb_noss_1

The other problem with Furrion is that their screen quits working when sitting on the dash of the tow vehicle. It overheats. You can get it working again by removing it from the dash for a while.

I accessed the camera circuitry on my 21NE by removing the rear driver side corner trim piece between the bed and upper cabinets. Dave at Escape helped me identify the correct wire.
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 12:06 PM   #5

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
On our F150 the lights must also be manually turned on (unless its dark enough for the lights to light automatically) in order for the rear view camera to work.

We attach the camera monitor to the rear view mirror with a couple of heavy duty rubber bands. This keeps the unit out of the direct sun and is easy to see.
edlynnrich is online now   Reply With Quote