Girard, LED awning lights - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2023, 10:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0
Girard, LED awning lights

So I just got my trailer about a month ago and finally decided to try the awning and the light the awning looks great but I can’t figure why the lights don’t work ?anybody have any answers or had a problem ?or am I just missing something ,,which is probably the case
Thanks in advance Gary
Grasshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:13 AM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
Look for the LED light strip receiver in the rear passenger side overhead cabinet. It will likely be wrapped in some black wire looming. With a tester check for input voltage then for output voltage while cycling the remote on and off to confirm the remote is communicating with the receiver. Don't forget to check the battery in the remote as well. If you have voltage to the strip but no lights then the strip is likely bad.
On mine both the receiver and the strip were bad. I notified Escape and they promptly sent out a replacement strip and receiver.
After some more testing I found the problem with the strip was where the wires were soldered to the strip. I was able to cut out the bad section and re solder the wires to get the strip to work properly.
Attached Thumbnails
light strip dimmer.jpg   LEDstrip.jpg  
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 11:32 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Mine is a Girard Power Awnings. It doesn’t have a remote or if it did I didn’t get it?. mine has the switch plate with the buttons on off and out and then a separate for the LED lights. I will try to check with the meter like you said thanks again Gary by the way, I would think it would work being that I just picked up the trailer May 30th on the hole. I am pretty pleased with the build. This is been one of the only things besides one of the frameless windows arms for opening and closing the window busted going to have to replace that thanks again
Old 07-22-2023, 01:38 PM   #4

Awning led

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepaweb View Post
Look for the LED light strip receiver in the rear passenger side overhead cabinet. It will likely be wrapped in some black wire looming. With a tester check for input voltage then for output voltage while cycling the remote on and off to confirm the remote is communicating with the receiver. Don't forget to check the battery in the remote as well. If you have voltage to the strip but no lights then the strip is likely bad.
On mine both the receiver and the strip were bad. I notified Escape and they promptly sent out a replacement strip and receiver.
After some more testing I found the problem with the strip was where the wires were soldered to the strip. I was able to cut out the bad section and re solder the wires to get the strip to work properly.
After looking at the awning, which is a Girard, does anybody else have a Girard because I don’t even see LED lights on it unless they’re really concealed just asking it was supposed to have them?