has anyone added more lights to an older trailer? (15A) - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
We had a 2007 17B. The previous owner installed a led tape strip light under the cabinets at the back of the trailer. I took it out and installed it under the awning outside. I think that is what they originally bought it for but they didn't follow through. The previous owner also removed all the light bulbs and replaced them with poor LED bulbs. They weren't very bright at all. Often we used a LED lantern to supplement light.

What I was planning was to purchase a 12' led strip light and install from the front towards the back down the center of the trailer, offset to one side to avoid the MaxFan. That way it would provide lots of light and eliminate a lot of shadows. It would be cool to to change the colors too. The light strip would go an with the 2 sided tape it came with and the wiring could of been concealed in the bulkhead cabinet and or tray above the front window .

But we ordered a new trailer, so new mods on the mind.
I might be able to do that and run the wiring from one of the lights I don't use as much. Or find one that is battery operated. I'll check into it. Ordering new may happen someday but isn't in the books right now!
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
It's there, not sure I'd be willing to mess with its wiring.
I think that the fan would be the best place to start.
For sure there is 12v positive and ground wires.
You could stick led strip lights all around the outside edge of the fan box and also have a little dimmer stuck there as well.
The leds come in a roll and they have sticky on the back so they are peel and stick and a dimmer would allow for quite bright down to 'mood' lighting.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #23

Well, first is replacing the light bulb that appears not to work. (Hope it is the bulb but have not yet checked by switching it out with another.) . It looks like this. ANyone know what it is, and can I use any replacement that has the same kind of plug and is 12v?
Attached Thumbnails
trailer light bulb.jpg  
Old 11-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
you can replace it with one of these, which are very bright and good for a stove hood

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CCZ15Q4/?coliid=I5EO140C03UHY&colid=1GADPQONWOP0E&psc=1&re f_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

or these

https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Ceiling-Interior-Lighting-Trailer/dp/B07TT26RPD/ref=pd_day0_hl_263_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07TT2 6RPD&pd_rd_r=1830a789-60eb-468e-b9f3-f9f3fad02166&pd_rd_w=86TWG&pd_rd_wg=KqVGk&pf_rd_p= 0501877d-5f8c-4ec8-9861-e0476eecc53e&pf_rd_r=EA6H1JMZ95287RY6XMAV&psc=1&re fRID=EA6H1JMZ95287RY6XMAV

they are known as 921 bulbs

Is that bulb from the stove hood or from a light fixture?
And do you like warm light or the very brite almost blueish light?

when looking on amazon 'warm' is a color temperature under 3000K
brite is over 3000K

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EKMHH2I...jaz10cnVl&th=1
Old 11-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #25

Thanks. I'll try switching one out from another lamp before ordering but it seems these have a lot more LEDs anyway and might give more light.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:24 PM   #26

OK, months later, trying to plug these d*mn things in and they will not go. I see from my own picture I do have the type shown. But when I check the order on Amazon they now have these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...e?ie=UTF8&th=1. which they say are easier to put in.

Is there some trick to the others? Or should I just give up and get the supposed easy to insert version? I had warm white and don't see those anymore but basically I'm trying to get brighter lights.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:37 PM   #27

This is the old bulb. New one has the exact same type plug. It will not go in. I don't want to break things trying to force it.
Attached Thumbnails
old bulb.jpg