Outside Shower plus Added Bathroom Vent - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2022, 10:45 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Outside Shower plus Added Bathroom Vent

Back from a month on the road and very happy with 2 additions to E19. I added the 2" vent off furnace and found it successfully added heat to bathroom especially having it warm in the morning. This also helped when we wanted to really dry out wet bath and help with drying microfibre towels.
The Joolca 2 room outside shower was fantastic from easy 2 minute pop up to having the luxury of a shower stall and change room in such a small footprint. In the pic I have the extra Joolca shower head with long hose hooked to my side outside galley tapset. This is so well designed it is a simple flip a switch in the shower to get on/off water flow. How we use it is turn on hot water tank for about 12 minutes to get warm only water in tank. Shut off tank heat, turn on hot only at outside tap then in shower flip on/off shower. Works for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Furnace Vent.jpeg   Joolca Side.jpeg   Joolca Back.jpeg  
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:10 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Please provide some more pictures on the new bath heat vent modification, that is on my short list to do, thanks in advance.....
Old 10-10-2022, 01:07 PM   #3

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBC View Post
Back from a month on the road and very happy with 2 additions to E19. I added the 2" vent off furnace and found it successfully added heat to bathroom especially having it warm in the morning. This also helped when we wanted to really dry out wet bath and help with drying microfibre towels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Please provide some more pictures on the new bath heat vent modification, that is on my short list to do, thanks in advance.....

Our one complaint is the bath is too cold when entering for a shower. After 4-5 years our Mr Buddy heater quit working (they only last so long, especially when moved often).

So add me to the list of those wanting a warmer bathroom. It would be nice if you would explain what you did and where you got parts (if possible).

Thanks,

Perry
Old 10-10-2022, 02:59 PM   #4

This job didn't come without a challenge. The biggest obstacle is the bathroom sink drain. Keep in mind my furnace is an Atwood without exterior door access so I had pulled furnace to deal with sail switch so had access to floor of compartment. What you have to do is reroute drain below floor to allow a straight line to the furnace box knockout. Cutting and piecing in a rerouted drain has to be thought out carefully before applying glue and boxing yourself into the corner. Drain has an air admittance valve so it was reused in plumbing layout. Pics hopefully show how I accomplished mod.

The object is to purchase a 2" reducer for the 4" knockout hole. I wanted 2" flow so I only got a slight side flow of heat to bathroom. Measure to find centre to drill hole through bathroom wall. The vent used was a Thetford 2" Heating/Cooling Register Part# 55-5312 94262. This rotates and the housing from back 2" furnace hose is sloping to face 4" louvered opening. I liked this since during a shower any stray water has to run uphill to enter furnace box. Thetford vent was sealed to bathroom wall and snap in rotating louvered faceplate was installed.

I found there was less than 2" to connect knockout vent stub to the vent faceplate housing in wall. I took a piece of PVC pipe and joined 2 together to get tight connection for heat flow.

When operating there is a nice flow of heat to bathroom without disturbing the main vent output. Turning to exterior wall the towels now dry on rack.

Ask questions if unclear.
Attached Thumbnails
Furnace Enclosure.jpeg   Furnace original plumbing.jpeg   Furnace revised plumbing.jpeg  
Old 10-10-2022, 03:32 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
It looks like the vent for the bath has drawn the most interest.

I would have the question of why you leave your newly heated bathroom to shower outside? Do you need two showers or is your 19 without a shower?
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 04:41 PM   #6

Since we have now found an outside shower method that works for us we would prefer keeping the water on the outside. This will only work where placement and campsite allows. Being from the PNW the wet bath with walls, curtain,etc. need more attention and not like hotter, drier climes it adds to inside moisture.

With bathroom heat it adds to comfort when cold and drying towels and wet bath when used.

I also find that sometimes with mods I find if it only takes time with little cost why not. I totally ripped out the dinette to raise it 6" so my spouse could get a better view from the windows!