Range Vent option - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2023, 08:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Range Vent option

For anyone that needs a new range vent and can't find the JR Products Endura:

I needed to replace my yellow and brittle OEM Ventline range vent and searched the forum to see what others had used. I liked the look of the JR Products Endura range vent which should stay a bright white.

The first one I ordered arrived damaged so the retailer sent me a replacement. In the meantime I casually searched for the JR Products vent and had difficulty locating them online.

The replacement arrived yesterday and turned out to be a different brand. The JR Products vent is on the left and the new Thetford vent is on the right:

I did a thorough examination of the two to determine if they were the same vent. They are both made by B&B Molders and have the same molded-in model numbers, dimensions are the same. Hopefully, the material is the same (it seems the same to my plastics-uneducated eye). Both boxes say they are non-yellowing so I presume the material is the same. Oh, plus the Thetford came with a package of 10 screws and a strip of butyl tape.

So if your searches don't turn up a JR Products vent, try searching for the Thetford.