RMD Exhaust Flue - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2017, 10:48 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Maybe Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongest View Post
Top install 3" dryer duct exhaust chimney. I installed a 3" semi-rigid flexible aluminum duct over the Flue T then leading to the vent screen. Lampro 3" semi rigid aluminum duct, product L301. Bought it from the local Lowes. Flattened one end to abou1.5" wide and cut out one radius about 2" high. Slid the hose over the T used a stick to help position the hose. Put the notched end toward the inboard side of the trailer over the lower side of the T. Once in place you can use a stick inside the hose to get clearance at the high side of the T. It is a tight fit and things stay in place. Then attach the upper end to the screen. Used the complete hose as compressed as possible for support
Result: hot air exits the tube, cooler air exits over the coils. When the vent top is in place the hot air exits the rear of the upper vent. Seems to really thehelp cool down rate on gas. It also helps on the elec. mode
This is just what I did. Take the info. for what it is worth.
Three days after doing this mod another forum member sent me this link to the RMD8555 Owners manual with Installation instructions that did not come with my paperwork. It directly contradicts doing this mod on Page 14. Am wondering if I should take it out now.

Page 14 of Dometic Refrigerator RMD 8555 User Guide | ManualsOnline.com
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote