Sliding Table - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2023, 11:40 AM   #1

Trailer: 2006 Casita Liberty
Sliding Table

Hi - I have a 21C with a pedestal table. The side to side sliding function has become very stiff. I made sure that the clamp was completely undone and I even added some lubrication. It became just a little bit better but not much. It is very stiff to push from side to side.
Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!
zeppobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 03:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Check the screws that hold the track on. If the slide is mis-aligned then it will be stiff to operate.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 04:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Spray the sliding surfaces with Tri-Flow. It’s the best lubricant for surfaces like the table slides, screw down stabilizers, lock sets, awning slides, bicycle chains, pump shotguns, etc that I’ve found.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-05-2023, 12:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 2006 Casita Liberty
Hi Dave - Yes, I LOVE tri-flow! I use it for most things.. However didn't work on this.
zeppobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 01:18 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
yeah, on those original sliders, I'd probably use a dri-slide kind of lube, like a white graphite, rather than a light oil like triflow. Me, I replaced mine with a 2-way dicor slider, but acquiring them was quite challenging and involved someone organizing a group purchase and special order, because they are a european item and dicor USA doesn't carry them
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 02:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hmmm. Well, I installed the slider pair on our 21 table and must have gotten the rails pretty square since they work well. Maybe a good dry lube would be the way to go. Can’t hurt to try it.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-05-2023, 02:54 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppobird View Post
Hi - I have a 21C with a pedestal table. The side to side sliding function has become very stiff. I made sure that the clamp was completely undone and I even added some lubrication. It became just a little bit better but not much. It is very stiff to push from side to side.
Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppobird View Post
Hi Dave - Yes, I LOVE tri-flow! I use it for most things.. However didn't work on this.
It is likely that one of the screws backed out and is rubbing against the other rail. There is a screw at the end of one of the rails, that you can unscrew then slide the whole table top off the slides. Check all the screws on both the top and bottom slide rails. Likely one or two need to be tightened.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 09:44 PM   #8

Trailer: 2008 BigfootRV 25B21RB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
It is likely that one of the screws backed out and is rubbing against the other rail. There is a screw at the end of one of the rails, that you can unscrew then slide the whole table top off the slides. Check all the screws on both the top and bottom slide rails. Likely one or two need to be tightened.
^^^THIS^^^

Charles
Old 09-06-2023, 09:47 PM   #9

Trailer: 2012 E19
Our sliding tables are so screwy! But good!
Old 09-06-2023, 11:04 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0 TA "Sea'scape"
We have the pedestal mount for our 5's table and I was always complaining about how wobbly it was, how unlevel, and slide problems. So I took it apart and fixed it. Tightening screws and some dry lube fixed the sliding. A rear 3/8 shim above the mount top platform fixed the leveling problem. And adjusting the pedestal clamp screws and clamping down hard cured the wobble.
Hawkeye Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 10:03 AM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
yeah, on those original sliders, I'd probably use a dri-slide kind of lube, like a white graphite, rather than a light oil like triflow. Me, I replaced mine with a 2-way dicor slider, but acquiring them was quite challenging and involved someone organizing a group purchase and special order, because they are a european item and dicor USA doesn't carry them
Previous owner Shawn got a Dicor slider (he flew down to Florida to get it used). The 2-way is great, but it does have some stickiness, wobble, and level problems. A little silicone spray and some fussing with adjustment screws helped, but at some point I've got to get underneath and see if I can improve things. Probably winter, when I am again allowed such contortions.