Split water hose in bathroom - Page 15 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #281

Trailer: 17
Yep more to the story . Laura gets a lot of credit to for listening to her own common sense and not backing down. I would love to know how many trailers she has sold in this thread without any share of the credit.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #282

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
Yep more to the story . Laura gets a lot of credit to for listening to her own common sense and not backing down. I would love to know how many trailers she has sold in this thread without any share of the credit.
I fully agree . Laura is a real asset and one of the main reasons I frequent this forum . Her honesty ,perspective and courage to tell it like it is , is very refreshing and welcome.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #283

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
I was surprised that 4-5 pages of this thread were added since yesterday, so here are a few responses.

1.I did eat poutine while in Osoyoos, only because I ordered a hamburger that came with fries and the waitress asked if I wanted cheese on top and then also offered gravy which I thought was weird, but tried it. I still love ketchup the best.

2. Yes, we owe Laura and Tom a bunch for reporting these burst hoses and soooo thankful we did not have to go through what they did!!!!

3. I love the squirrel photo and thanks for making me laugh so hard, guys!
It is great we can all have such a sense of humor while waiting for trailer repairs and especially dear Dora who has to take cold showers.

4. I agree, Reace, Reese, Reece, is doing a great thing by traveling America getting these repairs done.

5, And Yes, we owe a lot to Laura for all of her candid remarks about these trailers. I have often taken her advice.
See my next post about our visit from Reace.
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:06 AM   #284
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I fully agree . Laura is a real asset and one of the main reasons I frequent this forum . Her honesty ,perspective and courage to tell it like it is , is very refreshing and welcome.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:13 AM   #285

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Quote:
I couldn't have said it better, Steve. As a complete everything trailer "newbie" I'm addicted to reading this forum, learning, and appreciate everyone's great information. Lots of posts have been real helpful, but Laura's have perhaps helped us the most. I wish that I had more of her courage -not just in telling it like it is, but in driving and operating the trailer, and admitting any mistakes.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #286

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
I feel we had a great visit from Reace, I felt we got to know him better. After a 10 hour drive from Colorado to Abilene Texas I thought he would be tired and worn out, and tired of doing the same old thing on the trailers day after day. We had told him he would have a good home-cooked meal ready when he arrived and he said ok he would drive straight through.

When he arrived he said he wanted to work while he had daylight. He didn't even come in the house but went straight to work. He was energetic and happy. He worked for about two and a half hours and I got to talk with him some while he was finishing his work. He told me how much he was enjoying what he was doing. He was amazed at the different terrains he was seeing as he was doing his loop around the U.S. from driving though a mountain pass in CA with snow on the side of the roads as high as his truck to driving down highways with blooming flowers ( i think that was the rhododendrons in Ca) He said he would take photos and send them to Tammy.
After going through some hot and arid country he was surprised with all the green grass coming into Abilene. He is hoping to be able to get back to Canada to see Tammy compete in one of her horse competitions and said he would get there if he had to leave his 5th wheel and fly there and back. You can tell those two really care about each other.
I thought that he would have seen this as all work and drudgery of driving, but I think it is more of an adventure for him and he said he is enjoying getting to know his customers more.

It reminded me of Walter and I driving through bits of Canada, not knowing the terrain we would find or know what providence we were in or what comes next.
He answered other questions we had about the trailer and showed us a few things. Told us that periodically we should tighten the screws on the awning and told us he would mail us some longer tabs that are easy to put on. Our awing has been doing great and screws were tight.

After he was done with his work, he came in our house and ate a big plate of dinner and talked some more. Retired to his fifth wheel even though we offered him the guest bedroom. Around 7 his trailer headed east on I-20.

As I was contemplating his arrival yesterday morning I was working on a customers quilt top. It wasn't so big and they had chosen a simple pattern for me to quilt. Piece of cake! but then unknown to me the bottom tension went wonky and what could have taken a short period of time of quilting turned into hours of ripping out thousands of stitches. It didn't look that bad, just some tiny knots on the back, but I had to do it. I tell others when it comes to sewing, you need to make peace with your seam ripper, and if you sew for a business it is your best friend. I heard on the radio that for small business to compete with the huge ones you can provide hospitality and personal service. I feel that is so important to what I do, because there are so many other longarm quilters in my area.... When it comes down to it, when working for others there will be times when WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES, it is what you do with it that matters.
Walter and I feel grateful that we got to know Reace and Tammy a little better.
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:57 AM   #287

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
I feel we had a great visit from Reace, I felt we got to know him better.
Great commentary, Nancy. I know your thoughts are mirrored by many others.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #288
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2017, 12:57 PM   #289

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanmacdonald View Post
Until I read all 28 pages regarding a split hose I didn't know what kind of trailer I was interested in purchasing. Now I know, I have read hundreds of posts from disgruntled customers of numerous quality RV manufacturers throughout North America. My choice is "Escape" !!! I thought about going to a brand name dealer and purchasing off the lot, then read all the issues getting repairs done, now this issue taken care of by the OWNER of the company, absolutely outstanding, I am formulating my order as soon as this is posted!
28 pages! Dang, you must have it set up differently than I do as I show *only* 14 pages. HA!

I was the same way before we purchased. Even rented a motorhome for a month and went from Seattle to Sacramento on I5 and back on 101 (by myself, with my late kitty Lucy). Looked at tons at lots and shows. Joined the forums of various companies/brands. Nothing stood out until I started looking at fiberglass.

The one comment that stood out for me on a Forest River forum was someone replying to complaints about mfging - "it's the nature of the beast" and I decided that wasn't good enough for me.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #290

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
I too appreciate it when Laura posts a problem or posts the solutions she has found for various things she finds will help her enjoy 'The Trailer'. I also appreciate it when others do the same. Not to mention the way folks are quick to help solve a problem, until someone hits on the solution or Escape "hears" about it. All good stuff.

I've noticed thread drift happens when most of the frequent posters' have had their say. Which is ok by me, until it takes a dark turn towards an over-used cliché of a certain potato by-product, or their undying love of Ford F-150's. Then it becomes decidedly unbearable. Oh would you look at the time?!! I gotta go hide now!
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #291

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I have no desire for poutine!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #292

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
(snip) I would love to know how many trailers she has sold in this thread without any share of the credit.
Guess I'll find out if I get any referral checks in the mail.

Quote:
Dang, I'm used to getting bitched at for that kind of attitude. Although Dirk did say that was one of my huge appeals. On our first date (which was a blind date on my part; he'd at least seen a photo of me first) we were at the theater and two women were yakking away during the movie. I yelled over and told 'em to "shut up or leave". Figured if Dirk couldn't handle the "real me" it wasn't worth my time.

Quote:
(snip) 2. Yes, we owe Laura and Tom a bunch for reporting these burst hoses and soooo thankful we did not have to go through what they did!!!!

4. I agree, Reace, Reese, Reece, is doing a great thing by traveling America getting these repairs done.

5, And Yes, we owe a lot to Laura for all of her candid remarks about these trailers. I have often taken her advice.
Yeah, I still keep thinking what it would have been like if I had left the trailer. Definitely turning off the faucet when I leave it from now on. Don't care if the hose got replaced. Something else could go wrong. Awning pulled in, water turned off - what else?

I'm still amazed that Reace is doing this. Words can not express my feelings about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrgtic4 View Post
I couldn't have said it better, Steve. As a complete everything trailer "newbie" I'm addicted to reading this forum, learning, and appreciate everyone's great information. Lots of posts have been real helpful, but Laura's have perhaps helped us the most. I wish that I had more of her courage -not just in telling it like it is, but in driving and operating the trailer, and admitting any mistakes.
Wow!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I really had no idea. I shall remember all this, especially when some poopy comments come about.

I plan to start a thread on how I've personalized The Trailer. Gotta take some new photos and get the memory card reader for my computer fixed. So, stay tuned for spiffy trailer stuff. Yep, cat themed, of course.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:11 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
I too appreciate it when Laura posts a problem or posts the solutions she has found for various things she finds will help her enjoy 'The Trailer'.(snip)

Oh would you look at the time?!! I gotta go hide now!
Thanks Nathan.

Hey, wrong smilie:

Old 06-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #294

Better??
Old 06-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #295

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
I too appreciate it when Laura posts a problem or posts the solutions she has found for various things she finds will help her enjoy 'The Trailer'. I also appreciate it when others do the same. Not to mention the way folks are quick to help solve a problem, until someone hits on the solution or Escape "hears" about it. All good stuff.

I've noticed thread drift happens when most of the frequent posters' have had their say. Which is ok by me, until it takes a dark turn towards an over-used cliché of a certain potato by-product, or their undying love of Ford F-150's. Then it becomes decidedly unbearable. Oh would you look at the time?!! I gotta go hide now!
Hi: nathanj04011... "Oh look there goes an F 150". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: nathanj04011... "Oh look there goes an F 150". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
As a fellow Nissan owner, I know you cringe too!! Not even going to reference Jim Bennett's or Robert Bryan's name. That would only get their F-150 starry-eyed attention...like the forum needs that!! Doh!! No one accuses me of being smart!
Old 06-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #297

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

I will heartily second that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #298

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
As a fellow Nissan owner, I know you cringe too!! Not even going to reference Jim Bennett's or Robert Bryan's name. That would only get their F-150 starry-eyed attention...like the forum needs that!! Doh!! No one accuses me of being smart!
I am not Jim or Robert although I am sure they will chime in on this soon. I do love my F150 but not too thrilled with that certain potato product

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #299

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Thank you for the nice big write up, Nancy. He is really moving. You would think that he could use a rest by now. Pulling a trailer for ten hours does not appeal to me at all! At least he had a good dinner from you.

Quote:
I feel we had a great visit from Reace, I felt we got to know him better. After a 10 hour drive from Colorado to Abilene Texas I thought he would be tired and worn out, and tired of doing the same old thing on the trailers day after day. We had told him he would have a good home-cooked meal ready when he arrived and he said ok he would drive straight through.

When he arrived he said he wanted to work while he had daylight. He didn't even come in the house but went straight to work. He was energetic and happy. He worked for about two and a half hours and I got to talk with him some while he was finishing his work. He told me how much he was enjoying what he was doing. He was amazed at the different terrains he was seeing as he was doing his loop around the U.S. from driving though a mountain pass in CA with snow on the side of the roads as high as his truck to driving down highways with blooming flowers ( i think that was the rhododendrons in Ca) He said he would take photos and send them to Tammy.
After going through some hot and arid country he was surprised with all the green grass coming into Abilene. He is hoping to be able to get back to Canada to see Tammy compete in one of her horse competitions and said he would get there if he had to leave his 5th wheel and fly there and back. You can tell those two really care about each other.
I thought that he would have seen this as all work and drudgery of driving, but I think it is more of an adventure for him and he said he is enjoying getting to know his customers more.

It reminded me of Walter and I driving through bits of Canada, not knowing the terrain we would find or know what providence we were in or what comes next.
He answered other questions we had about the trailer and showed us a few things. Told us that periodically we should tighten the screws on the awning and told us he would mail us some longer tabs that are easy to put on. Our awing has been doing great and screws were tight.

After he was done with his work, he came in our house and ate a big plate of dinner and talked some more. Retired to his fifth wheel even though we offered him the guest bedroom. Around 7 his trailer headed east on I-20.

As I was contemplating his arrival yesterday morning I was working on a customers quilt top. It wasn't so big and they had chosen a simple pattern for me to quilt. Piece of cake! but then unknown to me the bottom tension went wonky and what could have taken a short period of time of quilting turned into hours of ripping out thousands of stitches. It didn't look that bad, just some tiny knots on the back, but I had to do it. I tell others when it comes to sewing, you need to make peace with your seam ripper, and if you sew for a business it is your best friend. I heard on the radio that for small business to compete with the huge ones you can provide hospitality and personal service. I feel that is so important to what I do, because there are so many other longarm quilters in my area.... When it comes down to it, when working for others there will be times when WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES, it is what you do with it that matters.
Walter and I feel grateful that we got to know Reace and Tammy a little better.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:50 PM   #300

Before and After photos

Okay, finally got it so I can transfer photos from my camera to my computer.

First and second show the hose that burst. It split along the wall side so it doesn't show in the photo.

Third is the new hose.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05309.jpg   DSC05310.jpg   DSC05327.jpg