Split water hose in bathroom - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #81

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
As has been stated before, it is the heat, not the pressure, that causes the failure so using on board water vice city water is not a solution as the on board water goes through the same water heater as the city water. Our solution, if we need to use the shower, is going to be to hook up a hose to the outdoor shower, run the hose in through the door and into the bathroom, or go through the bathroom window, and use the outdoor shower to take an indoor shower. Temp control will have to be something of a team effort but it should work for the short term. Really impressed with Reace/ETI for getting out in front of this! Stay dry folks, help is on the way!

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #82

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Driver View Post
As has been stated before, it is the heat, not the pressure, that causes the failure so using on board water vice city water is not a solution as the on board water goes through the same water heater as the city water. Our solution, if we need to use the shower, is going to be to hook up a hose to the outdoor shower, run the hose in through the door and into the bathroom, or go through the bathroom window, and use the outdoor shower to take an indoor shower. Temp control will have to be something of a team effort but it should work for the short term. Really impressed with Reace/ETI for getting out in front of this! Stay dry folks, help is on the way!
Hi: H46Driver... Wouldn't it be more exciting to just take your shower outside? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #83

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I don't know how bad it was for Tom in Texas nor do I know when it happened (I PMed him asking for more info a few days ago).
My water tubing burst in Yellowstone on the way to the rally. I made a temporary repair and continued on the trip. I contacted Reese as soon as I arrived at the rally. We discussed the best way to be able to get to the PEX / tubing union behind the shower enclosure and I went by Chilliwack after the rally to get the permanent fix. My trailer was the first failure Reese had seen so given the timeline, he couldn't have gotten to the other 21's before they left the rally.

To reply to how it looks after the hole is cut behind the cubby,, you cannot tell that the repair was done. Everything looks just like it left Escape - just with PEX going to the sink instead of tubing.

Sorry about the PMs - I stay off this board as much as possible.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #84

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
My water tubing burst in Yellowstone on the way to the rally. I made a temporary repair and continued on the trip. I contacted Reese as soon as I arrived at the rally. We discussed the best way to be able to get to the PEX / tubing union behind the shower enclosure and I went by Chilliwack after the rally to get the permanent fix. My trailer was the first failure Reese had seen so given the timeline, he couldn't have gotten to the other 21's before they left the rally.

To reply to how it looks after the hole is cut behind the cubby,, you cannot tell that the repair was done. Everything looks just like it left Escape - just with PEX going to the sink instead of tubing.

Sorry about the PMs - I stay off this board as much as possible. The troll ratio is too high for me.
Hey TDF.... thanks for the info, and thank goodness cosmetically (and structurally) no cut to visible walls.

So as far as you know - no need to swap out any other hot water supply tubing? (sink, for example)

thanks

John
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #85

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
All the rest of the water runs are good and to repeat Reese, only the 2017 21's have the tubing problem.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #86

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
All the rest of the water runs are good and to repeat Reese, only the 2017 21's have the tubing problem.
Technically mine is a 2016 trailer, but with the new 2017 styling. I picked it up the day after USA Thanksgiving (end of November).

Like Tom said, you can't tell it's been worked on. Other than some strong stinky odor when I first inspected the trailer while it was still up there. Which went away as I drove home as I didn't smell it at all a few hours later when I parked myself at a rest stop for a long stay to miss parking lot traffic on I5. And I have a pretty good sniffer. I could smell "doggie" on my clothes coming home even though none of their big dogs were around me when I was there.

To Rubicon - I never did try the bypass method as I wasn't using the trailer and knew I'd be taking it up there in a few days. Fortunately I wasn't like Tom and in the middle of a trip. Otherwise I probably would have tried that trick.

I took photos before of the cubby storage area, just in case. Don't need 'em as I can't see a single thing that's different. If they took it apart, they put all my non-tan screw covers back on properly.

The only thing that's different is that there's now white pipe/hose and the hot water one comes down and turns at an angle instead of straight down like before. I'll take a photo later.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:06 PM   #87

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Absolutely unbelievable customer service. And some denigrate those of us who are die-hard fans of this company and its owners.

If I didn't have my "forever trailer" now, there's no doubt where I'd go for my next one.
your right good customer service..
but as this and other issues in Gen 2 have shown... always wise to wait until the new model bugs have been worked out...especially when the buyers are the lab rats for the new design...
for at least one buyer no regrets to not moving up the delivery date when given the choice and posting it, despite the comments regarding that choice at the time by the die-hard fans .....

Since this thread also included a discussion about the merits of plastic versus metal fittings with the pex tubing, hoping the professional plumber who attends the weekend barbecue can educate this camper…after a bit of scanning pics of some trailer mfg's..it appears some use plastic fittings/plastic valves and some use all metal fittings/metal clamps/metal valves with the pex
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #88

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Some of us "lab rats" have also had experience with owning other brands of fiberglass trailers, have actual experience with the "customer service" from those brands and have no problem being called fans and cheerleaders for Reace, Tammy and ETI.

I wonder how many other owners of RV companies set out on road trips to personally repair or will even admit to a mistake?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:06 PM   #89

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Some of us "lab rats" have also had experience with owning other brands of fiberglass trailers, have actual experience with the "customer service" from those brands and have no problem being called fans and cheerleaders for Reace, Tammy and ETI.

I wonder how many other owners of RV companies set out on road trips to personally repair or will even admit to a mistake?

Old 06-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #90
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
I don't wonder. The answer is none, as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #91

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
As a comparison, friends in Colorado retired recently and bought a name-brand sticky from a nationally-recognized dealer and set out to see the country. In their first week out, one of the large windows fell out while going down the road, and the water heater broke loose from its mounts and caused quite a bit of damage. They contacted the dealer they had just purchased it from and were told the repair shop was really backed up and couldn't schedule them for three months, but another dealer in Arizona could probably work them in in six weeks or so if they would drive it down there and leave it, then go back and get it later when fixed. The couple is so mad and disheartened that they no longer want the camper and no longer even want to camp. They are revamping their whole retirement plans and hoping they can get someone to buy their almost-new camper "as is" just to get some of their money back out of it. That's just one example of what some owners of other travel trailer brands face in comparison. I think I'll stick with Escape.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:36 PM   #92

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
We have been Lab Rats since January 16 and have thoroughly enjoyed living in our full-time home on wheels. Although we have not had an issue with the hoses in question, we applaud Reace stepping up to make things right , and will take him up on his offer to correct the plumbing. But, would we have waited for all the bugs to be worked out first? Oh, hell no!!!

Regards,

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #93

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
probably ZERO, which obviously speaks well of ETI..sounds like the fix requires someone from the factory only to do it..
the good news is that since ETI is also a small volume mfg, this product defect was found before a lot of production was made....
not sure about north of the border, but in the USA and unfortunately with lawyers running loose....mfg's really have few choices when a product is defective..fix it, replace it, refund the purchase price, or ignore it and perhaps get sued...
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #94

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Some of us "lab rats" ...

Like!

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:55 PM   #95

Trailer: 17
But war eagle, any escape owner who does not live near the factory are sent to those same dismal stickies dealers for our warranty work. Still lab rats with the stickie dealer awful one or two star ratings.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #96

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
But war eagle, any escape owner who does not live near the factory are sent to those same dismal stickies dealers for our warranty work. Still lab rats with the stickie dealer awful one or two star ratings.
And, your solution?
Old 06-09-2017, 11:47 PM   #97
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
And, your solution?
My thoughts exactly. It's a direct sell business, with no dealerships. So, either have work done locally (and by the way, most RV repair shops aren't dismal) or in person at the factory. That's as fair as it gets, unless you have another way.

In this case, Reace "made" another way, by personally going on the road to do the work. That's astonishing to me, so I fail to see the complaint.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:24 AM   #98

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
My thoughts exactly. It's a direct sell business, with no dealerships. So, either have work done locally (and by the way, most RV repair shops aren't dismal) or in person at the factory. That's as fair as it gets, unless you have another way.

In this case, Reace "made" another way, by personally going on the road to do the work. That's astonishing to me, so I fail to see the complaint.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:45 AM   #99

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
And, your solution?
Self sufficiency. I guess that's why so many happy Escape owners are tinkerers at heart. Regrettably, there is little "after purchase" infrastructure to support RV ownership.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:56 AM   #100

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
We have been Lab Rats since January 16 and have thoroughly enjoyed living in our full-time home on wheels. Although we have not had an issue with the hoses in question, we applaud Reace stepping up to make things right , and will take him up on his offer to correct the plumbing. But, would we have waited for all the bugs to be worked out first? Oh, hell no!

Regards,

Fred M.
Well said, Fred! Just curious, where are you two now? How far will Rease need to travel to meet up with you?

Hope you are well,
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote