Split water hose in bathroom - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2017, 11:00 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Split water hose in bathroom

So, has anyone else had this problem? Or am I just the only "lucky" one out there?

Sunday evening I was relaxing on the dinette after having cleaned up with a nice shower. Heard this loud boom/bang and then water gushing like crazy. What the *)#$#*$#$#

Discovered water gushing along the wall under the sink. Turned off the water at the outside faucet (and the electric water heater). Water inside stopped. Mopped up the walls and all that. Used the squeegee to get all the water down the floor drain.

Felt around the hoses. Neither of them had come off their connection point, however the hot water hose (next to the outside wall) had split near the top and on the wall side (therefore any photos would be pointless).

Fortunately my shower was over with. Fortunately it was at the tail end of my trip as I was heading home the next day. Fortunately I was IN the trailer when it happened. Fortunately I had multiple gallons of water with me in jugs for drinking and "just in case" situations. Like this!

I've contacted ETI and will be taking the trailer up there Thursday AM. I hope to get up there and back in the same day - we'll see. Reace says it'll be about a 4 hour repair job. He did mention they'll need to remove the storage cubby.

So, any ideas on how and why this happened? Can I expect this to happen again? Do I need to start turning off the water at the outside faucet (and the electric water heater) when I leave the trailer? I'd hate to think what I would have come back to otherwise as my grey water tank wasn't completely empty. And I'd been gone all day until about an hour before this happened.

I've not read the manuals (yet) regarding this issue so I don't know if there was a way to bypass the hot water so I could at least still have cold water for flushing the toilet and heating up to wash my hands. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

I thought about wrapping the hose with duct tape, but didn't know if it would be strong enough to withstand the water pressure. BTW, I had the water pressure regulator thingie hooked up to the outside faucet, so I doubt it was due to high pressure. I talked to a neighbor and he thought the pressure was rather low. He and another camper I talked to the next AM didn't have any water issues.

Yep, I'll be discussing this with Reace on Thursday and see if he has any idea why this happened.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote