Originally Posted by cpaharley2008
That fan was trying to cool down your converter which was overheating trying to convert too much 12v for the refer.
While the fan was running to remove the extra heat caused by running the converter to provide 12 V DC power to the refrigerator (as well as meeting other needs and charging the battery), there's no reason to think that the converter was "overheating" - it was just producing enough heat to need the fan, which is part of normal operation. The refrigerator takes a few amps (10? 12?) and the converter has 55 amp output capacity.
So, don't run the refrigerator on DC when plugged into shore power (which everyone knows anyway), but don't worry about the fan.