Television Mounting - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2021, 03:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Television Mounting

Lately, my spouse who likes to watch television before bed has been complaining about the ETI installed mount. While it meets the ETI suggested travel mode of not having the television mounted when moving because the bracket can be readily slid up and out allowing the television to be transported off of the wall, the ETI supplied bracket lacks adjustability. The television cannot be leveled so it always slopes downward from one side to the other side. Not being a big TV watcher, this non-level orientation does not annoy me.
So I basically have two questions. 1, has anyone changed the ETI supplied mount to a fully adjustable mount (one that allows rotation of the screen to get it level). If so, how difficult is it to remove the TV for storage when traveling?
Or 2, if you have changed the mount and not followed ETI’s travel recommendation, have you encountered any “stress” problems from leaving the television in place.

I would welcome any brand/model suggestions if anyone has changed their mount and are satisfied with the result.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Lately, my spouse who likes to watch television before bed has been complaining about the ETI installed mount. While it meets the ETI suggested travel mode of not having the television mounted when moving because the bracket can be readily slid up and out allowing the television to be transported off of the wall, the ETI supplied bracket lacks adjustability. The television cannot be leveled so it always slopes downward from one side to the other side. Not being a big TV watcher, this non-level orientation does not annoy me.
So I basically have two questions. 1, has anyone changed the ETI supplied mount to a fully adjustable mount (one that allows rotation of the screen to get it level). If so, how difficult is it to remove the TV for storage when traveling?
Or 2, if you have changed the mount and not followed ETI’s travel recommendation, have you encountered any “stress” problems from leaving the television in place.

I would welcome any brand/model suggestions if anyone has changed their mount and are satisfied with the result.
I didn't order the Escape TV mount but installed a Master Mounts TV arm. It doesn't need to be removed for travel as it has a locking pin. I've had it now for over five years and over 60,000 miles and never had an issue with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My first choice was a MORryde as it is very stout but it turned out to be too short a length when extended for my 21.

https://www.amazon.com/MORryde-TV1-0..._t3_B00AZS8PMM
Old 09-15-2021, 04:02 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
I have a different TV mount, tried several others that I did not like. This one has a couple of great features - the pivot points where it articulate are firm and stay in place but are easily moved by hand with no knobs to tighten and loosen - like a laptop screen. And this is the big one - it has a neat little spring rod mechanism that locks it against the wall in closed position. There's a little chain you pull down on to unlock it. This is secure enough that we have been able to travel with the TV (22" with built in DVD) in position, no need to remove and stow it. In two years, no problems at all. When it is closed against the wall / cabinet door it obstructs the cabinet door, so you do have to unlatch it and move the TV if you need to get into the upper cabinet next to the door during a rest stop. When camping if the latch is unlocked and the TV is out just a bit the cabinet door has room to open. The TV swings easily in both directions for watching in bed or from the kitchen/dinette area.

Here's a link to this mounting arm: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
TV4.jpg   TV1.jpg   TV2.jpg   TV3.jpg  
Old 09-15-2021, 05:37 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Ditto with the one TDF has you get 2 mounting bases if you want to have another location for the tv. Easy install and plenty of motion range.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:08 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Thanks to everyone who responded. Addressing the ability to level he television side-to-side is my next project. Fortunately, no trips planned until February so I have plenty of time to get it done.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:18 AM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I bought a "Mount it" tv mount a few years ago from Amazon. It is fully adjustable and has worked very well for me.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:22 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
at home my wife watches TV every night, but I refuse to have a TV in the bedroom. thank god, she's expressed no interest in having a TV in the trailer.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:21 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 19’
We use the standard ETI supplied mount. We do not remove the monitor during travel, but instead use a Velcro strap attached to the wall so that we can pull it up snug against the wall during travel. Seems to work well.
Videocrafters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
We also bought and installed a Master Mounts TV arm on the partial partition in the loft area of our new 5.0. We needed to mount two 1X3 blocks on each side of the partition screwed through the framing to its mate on the other side, painted to match the Chantilly Lace White of the contemporary interior. It rest on its mount when traveling. The TV is a 12 volt Supersonic that has worked out well. We had ETI install a 12 v outlet above the King antenna wall jack.
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210917_TVmount.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	58358