Under Bed Storage - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2016, 07:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 19' Escape
Under Bed Storage

Hi,
We are getting ready for our shake down trip in our new-to-us 19'. We are looking for suggestions on how to organize the under bed storage area. It seems like part of it is like a black hole where who knows what may lurk. We do not have the front storage box so chocks, wood blocks, water hose , etc. will need to be stored there with easy access from the hatch. Would love to hear how others have approached this.
Thanks,
Karen
Karen and Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Eventually I hope we can get a drawer slide deal going to retrieve the four tubs we have under the bed. But for now we have a piece of 3/4 inch dowel rod about 40 inches long with a hook screwed into the end. With it I can easily retrieve the back two tubs that hold less often used camping equipment. The front two tubs hold clothes we're waiting to wash on laundry day. Simple and Inexpensive.
Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:46 PM   #3
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
,,, for now we have a piece of 3/4 inch dowel rod about 40 inches long with a hook screwed into the end. With it I can easily retrieve the back two tubs that hold less often used camping equipment. The front two tubs hold clothes we're waiting to wash on laundry day. Simple and Inexpensive.
Dave
Where do you keep your dry food, like bread, etc. We keep ours in totes under the bed. I keep looking for alternate storage solutions and am interested in your set-up.

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:15 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Probably the most important item you need under the bed in the 19' is illumination, a string of led xmas lights stapled to the underbed will light it up, there is a 120v outlet right by the refer.
Storage containers, clear plastic will help organization, just make sure they will fit thru the hatch.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #5

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
In a time honored tradition on this forum, I am going to side track it slightly. What is the depth/height of the under bed area of a 21? My wife and I starting the real planning of using our Escape as we have our build sheet in and want to know what size storage containers we can use. Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2016, 08:55 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I picked up 2 wheeled storage bins from The Home Depot. I believe they are 67 quart and the tops open with a "hinge" in the middle. I took off the front wheels and place something in front of them to reduce the forward movement. (I use a SS thermos) In the most accessible one, I keep all my cookware. In the less accessible one (on the left) I keep items that I need as spares - extra hose, extra electrical wire, etc. On top goes the daily hose and electric wire that I can reach from the outside hatch. Also, near the outside hatch are two more bins where I store chocks and blocks.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
In a time honored tradition on this forum, I am going to side track it slightly. What is the depth/height of the under bed area of a 21? My wife and I starting the real planning of using our Escape as we have our build sheet in and want to know what size storage containers we can use. Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Depends on whether you are going to access the underbed area from the mattress hatch on top or through the side door (can also add a 2nd door next to the bathroom.)

The doors limit the height of a drawer your can get through the door opening to about 11 inches. A drawer up to 36 inches long can work in the aisle side, with a 2nd about 13 inches long on the bath side.
Attached Thumbnails
Drawer Set.jpg  

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:11 AM   #8

Here is what I did shortly after we picked up our 19'. One of the best mods I have done.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...rage-1464.html

Cheers,

Paul

2012 Escape 19'
2013 F350 crewcab 4x4
Paul S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen and Leon View Post
Hi,
We do not have the front storage box so chocks, wood blocks, water hose , etc. will need to be stored there with easy access from the hatch.
Karen
Even if you don't have the ETI front storage box now you may find putting dirty wet chocks etc into the underbed area something that you're not thrilled about.

I wouldn't do anything too major at this point. Maybe after you used the trailer a few times you may decide to add some sort of box to carry the exterior, sometimes dirty and wet stuff. Some folks have built their own and some have found aftermarket boxes that do the job.

ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote