Warranty Service - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2020, 03:48 PM   #81

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Casita welds metal angle iron support arms to the frame and then support the plumbing drain pipes off the welded supports using threaded rod ,and Minerallac pipe straps ( The straps are double nutted to the threaded rod so the pipe has limited vertical movement and limited horizontal movement . There are ways to properly support the pipes !!

The underside of our Escape has the spray foam which I assume limits the pipes movement.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:07 PM   #82

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
I hope the foam limits the pipe movement. I sure don't want to do this repair with the foam.I might second guess my foam install.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:25 PM   #83

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
hello tdf, thanks for reply. I know, looks bad, but is very rigid. look at pic and you will see pipe support is triangulated. it doesn't move down, can't move out, and attachment to tank keeps it from moving in. I had Casita too, that had excellent setup to support the drain pipe. to fix Escape like Casita would be easy at factory, but now, not that easy. best I can tell, need to support from above, which means drilling hole through the floor. I looked at it a while back, and had to go take a nap.

I keep looking at mine, and could add another screw, but seems to working well as is. OEM failed, I caught it early, and I was lucky no damage, what I did was quick fix on the road, and has been good for over year, probably has lasted longer than OEM. cheers
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #84

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesPou View Post
hello tdf, thanks for reply. I know, looks bad, but is very rigid. look at pic and you will see pipe support is triangulated. it doesn't move down, can't move out, and attachment to tank keeps it from moving in. I had Casita too, that had excellent setup to support the drain pipe. to fix Escape like Casita would be easy at factory, but now, not that easy. best I can tell, need to support from above, which means drilling hole through the floor. I looked at it a while back, and had to go take a nap.

I keep looking at mine, and could add another screw, but seems to working well as is. OEM failed, I caught it early, and I was lucky no damage, what I did was quick fix on the road, and has been good for over year, probably has lasted longer than OEM. cheers
I still think that JB Welding a bracket to the bottom of the frame and adding a pipe clamp is the simplest and best way to brace the piping for the black/grey tank drains. A little more money than a pipe strap but a lot less than repairing broken piping.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post305350

Your piping support has lasted a year - hopefully it will keep your piping connection at the grey from failing like the OP's did.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:34 PM   #85

hello tdf, impressive fix, I need to do that, thanks for sharing. cheers
Old 07-01-2020, 09:06 PM   #86

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesPou View Post
hello tdf, impressive fix, I need to do that, thanks for sharing. cheers
Followed exactly Tom strap fix after a valve change. Thankyou again Tom ! Doesn’t move at all ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #87

completed my permanent fix today. I know, not what tdf wants, but best I could do. wasn't that easy to drill horizontal hole into frame, need super long drill bit I don't have and didn't want to buy. so, I improvised and drilled hole with self drilling sheet metal fastener, I use to make the attachment. used socket and extension with my impact driver to do the job. was slow going, finally towards the end I used the smaller OEM screw supplied by Escape to complete the hole, then finished up with larger fastener I used. I'm pretty proud of the results, simple and elegant IMO.

here's some pics. the pic of 2 fasteners shows larger one I used (2), compared to OEM supplied by Escape, kinda of lame IMO. I was only using one, believe it or not.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0883.jpg   IMG_0884.jpg   IMG_0885.jpg   IMG_0882.jpg   IMG_0887.jpg  

Old 07-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #88

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Followed exactly Tom strap fix after a valve change. Thankyou again Tom ! Doesn’t move at all ! Pat
Pictures of my valve replacement and change with added plumbing hanger and added foam because I had to remove from my original sprayed foam .
Attached Thumbnails
2366D6FF-CA8D-4AF2-889D-DD6DC4D709E4.jpg   39A04282-AD2B-4D5B-8232-26CF848C16F2.jpg   77F4100F-96F3-4541-AA5A-43CE905693A9.jpg   6D0688FD-AC3C-4F64-8656-AE07B0EE3596.jpg  
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote