Water intake from fresh tank - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2022, 06:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 19'
Water intake from fresh tank

Winterized the new to me 19 w antifreeze. Have done this procedure on the previous 17b many times. Emptied water tanks, bypass on, pink out of faucets & in traps. I noticed that the tube from fresh tank to pump appears to still contain water. Tried to detach from fresh tank but was afraid I’d break something. Was hoping to empty it via gravity. Any suggestions or is this something I don’t need to worry about?
Old 10-30-2022, 07:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
I loosened the hose clamp that holds the line going to the fresh tank, and found I can just leave it loose enough that I can slip the hose on and off the barbed fitting to get that last 6" or so of water in the hose out. I don't tighten the clamp anymore, just slip the hose on & off when I want to drain the tank and or that last bit of water out of the hose.
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfschu View Post
I loosened the hose clamp that holds the line going to the fresh tank, and found I can just leave it loose enough that I can slip the hose on and off the barbed fitting to get that last 6" or so of water in the hose out. I don't tighten the clamp anymore, just slip the hose on & off when I want to drain the tank and or that last bit of water out of the hose.

Thanks Matt, How did you get the hose off the connection to the tank? I tried twisting & just pulling but it wouldn't come loose. Was afraid I would break that black plastic thing betw it & the tank. Appreciate the help!
Old 10-31-2022, 06:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 5 TA
No need to remove anything. If you turn the valve that allows the connection to the jug of pink slowly it will allow the water you see to empty to the tank and if you hold up the pink line the pink liquid will also flow to the tank.
Greg and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:34 PM   #5

Julie, I loosened the hose clamp to enough to make sure it was not putting any pressure around the hose, then with one hand on the hose and the other hand on the fitting gently wiggle & turn the hose to slide it off. After draining I slide the hose back on the fitting and tightened the clamp to just be snug around the hose, but loose enogh to be able to pull the hose off without loosening the clamp the next time I wanted to drain the tank.
Old 11-01-2022, 08:35 PM   #6

Matt, so pulling hose off & back on you haven’t had issues with it coming apart, emptying your fresh tank during camp season? I guess what I fear is by detaching it, hose will have loosened, come apart on the road, empty the tank & then I have no water in a remote location . Or is there something special about the connection that prevents that?
Old 11-02-2022, 09:32 AM   #7

Correct, I've had no issues with it coming off. It doesn't leak a drop. The barbed fitting keeps the hose in place and watertight. The hose would have to be forced off for it to come off, something like getting caught on something on the road and pulled off. This could happen with or without the clamp being loosened, but the chances are very slim. Something from the road could puncture the tank or break off the drain valve fitting as well, but luckly this doesn't happen too often or we'd have to put a shield around the tank. My preference is to leave the hose clamp tight enough to stay on the hose but loose enough that I can simply pull the hose off and on when I need to. This works for my situation and peace of mind but I'm sure it's not for everyone.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:02 PM   #8

Thank you for your help.