We picked up our new to us 8 year old trailer earlier this summer. When I got home I realized what I had thought was dirt on the roof was actually a mold or mildew... I figured I would enjoy the trailer over the summer rather than worry about it. Now after spending 20 nights in it I now have some maintenance to do before the bad weather hits!
After reading some great posts on this forum as well as over on SOI and FGRV I came up with an action plan.
I decided to use ZEP Mold and Mildew Stain Removal on the stains.
After that I gave it a good rinse to remove the cleaner. Then I washed with hot water and blue dawn to remove any remaining residue.
The results blew me away:
I was left with a clean fibreglass gelcoat that needed to have the oxidation removed. See the difference between the original finish (protected by the MAXX fan) and the exposed gelcoat.
My plan is to tackle the oxidation with 3M Maine Restorer and Wax. I finished about three quarters of the roof before it was dark. I didn't get any photos so I will follow-up the progress with another post.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk