2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #181
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Trust me, there is a lot of good to come from the flatter sides, not just a better, wider door, and new windows.
I'm not questioning that there are several consequences of flat sides - mostly good - but the window style does not appear to be one of them. The old windows are still used if the optional thermal package is not selected (thanks freespirit), fitting in the same places. Both styles of window fit only flat walls, and (like almost every other RV except some van conversions) the body always had flat areas anywhere a glass window could be placed. Aside from Escape's standard and optional equipment choices, physically either body style could use either window style.

The wacky Bonair Oxygen was one of the rare exceptions, using custom curved opening trapezoidal glass windows (but a flat door!); Reace is too sensible for that kind of design mistake.
__________________

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:57 PM   #182
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
The agony of waiting ....
Agony? I see it as excitement. Fun stuff is always exciting for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I'm not questioning that there are several consequences of flat sides - mostly good - but the window style does not appear to be one of them. The old windows are still used if the optional thermal package is not selected (thanks freespirit), fitting in the same places. Both styles of window fit only flat walls, and (like almost every other RV except some van conversions) the body always had flat areas anywhere a glass window could be placed. Aside from Escape's standard and optional equipment choices, physically either body style could use either window style.

The wacky Bonair Oxygen was one of the rare exceptions, using custom curved opening trapezoidal glass windows (but a flat door!); Reace is too sensible for that kind of design mistake.
You may not realize it, but I might just be brighter than you give me credit for. I fool lots of folks that way.

Case in point, I did already realize that both window styles fit on a flat plane, thus the flattened sections where windows had to go in the old shells. The new ones allow them to go anywhere, other than the front and rear which have not changed shape on the new shell.

What makes you say that the old style windows will be used if staying with single glazed?
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #183
Senior Member
 
gabeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Posts: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I totally agree. I would be most nights we camp we have had to make use of the propane furnace, as it was the only option when boondocking. Without it, cold temps are not the worst fear, it is the huge amount of condensation that would form in the cold air, and cause damage inside.
Omg ...we do not tolerate cold or even cool weather without heat .... our built in electric heater easily keeps our little 15ft gem nice and warm , we really don't boondock anymore . We've become picky( being a couple of old croaks ) about where we park , full hookups only . When it starts getting close minus 10c overnight -while it still is warm in the trailer -we think that is generally a good time to head home . No weeping walls here !
__________________
All things in life are easier to swallow with a good cup of tea .....
gabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:07 PM   #184
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
... I did already realize that both window styles fit on a flat plane, thus the flattened sections where windows had to go in the old shell.
I'm not surprised that you understand that, Jim - it just looked like you listed the new windows as if they were an advantage of the flat walls, and as we agree they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
The new ones allow them to go anywhere, other than the front and rear which have not changed shape on the new shell.
The new entirely flat side walls do give greater freedom in window placement, but it's hard to imagine wanting windows in an Escape extending down across the area which was not already flat, especially since the waist seam is still there... although many large trailers and motorhomes do have nearly floor-to-ceiling windows in areas with no cabinetry against the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
What makes you say that the old style windows will be used if staying with single glazed?
freespirit's post, in which he quoted Escape staff as saying this (my emphasis on the relevant part):
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
received this info previously..
"Thank you for your email.
The window style currently used for single glazed will remain the same. However, in the 2017 model, you will get frameless windows if you choose the double glazed winter package. We are staying with our current window manufacturer, Hehr."
Escape will probably clarify if something changed since early March info.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #185
Senior Member
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2012 15A
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Case in point, I did already realize that both window styles fit on a flat plane, thus the flattened sections where windows had to go in the old shells. The new ones allow them to go anywhere, other than the front and rear which have not changed shape on the new shell.
The new 2017 photos show the new window installed on the rear of the trailer??
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #186
Senior Member
 
advenas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Posts: 251
Hmm...not very impressed. I've read on other forums the auto-awning is awful and breaks regularly. As for the windows, the window opening scissor mechanism comes unglued from the window, they fail to seal well and develop leaks. The door seems like an improvement but the screen door is awful. I have one on my current truck camper and it's always a pain. The latch doesn't hold, the door is open when you want it closed or vice versa. The dang slider to open the outside door is a pain. I hate it.

I still want an Escape, but I'm really hoping they haven't changed the 17ft the way they have the 19ft.

As for an Olympic Wave heater...I have the 6000 BTU model and it works great. No fan so no electric draw. It's in a pop up truck camper and I can say that on it's lowest setting of 3,000 BTU it will keep the camper about 30 degrees warmer than outside. On 6,000BTU it will have it at 80 in no time. If you only use a heater occasionally then I'd get the regular heater. They tend to warm up the camper quicker. But if you camp in cold weather regularly then get the Wave heater. Just my humble opinion.
__________________
Rick
advenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #187
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
freespirit's post, in which he quoted Escape staff as saying this (my emphasis on the relevant part):
I can't be 100% positive, but I do know I never heard anything but the frameless discussed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post

The new 2017 photos show the new window installed on the rear of the trailer??
Yes, that is a new window. What I was referring to was that on the sides the new windows could go anywhere, though with the layouts staying the same, they are not likely to move much at all. On the back where the profile did not change, they can just go where it is moulded flat, though that is just about across the entire trailer.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:47 PM   #188
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
The door seems like an improvement but the screen door is awful. I have one on my current truck camper and it's always a pain. The latch doesn't hold, the door is open when you want it closed or vice versa. The dang slider to open the outside door is a pain. I hate it.
How can you be certain the make and model of the door in the Escape is the same as the one you have?
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:49 PM   #189
Senior Member
 
H46Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Posts: 275
From the side by side pictures it looks like the new one slopes up a bit in the back behind the wheels to the bumper. May be nice to have that extra inch or two of clearance pulling in and out of driveways/gas stations.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #190
Senior Member
 
peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia
Trailer: 2013 19ft Escape "Eggy Sue"
Posts: 134
Mozzarella Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
It looks less like an egg and more like a stick of white butter. That's not a judgement, just an observation.
My wife thinks it looks like a ball of Mozzarella cheese. And who doesn't love cheese!

Peter



Attached Images
File Type: jpg mozzarella escape.JPG (96.5 KB, 21 views)
__________________

__________________
Peter H.
"Eggy Sue"
2013 19ft Escape
2002 Toyota Tundra 4X4
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.