Karl Says Goodbye - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2023, 06:32 PM   #121
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
If you haven't seen the 23 in person it's worth having a look at even if it isn't in your future. Very different feeling than the published plans might indicate. It's parked near the parking lot.

Ron
Well, I'd like to see it, too, but it's 3k miles away. Maybe they could take it on a North-American tour?

Does it really feel more spacious than a 21 (we have a 21C)?
Old 06-27-2023, 10:07 PM   #122

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I loved my 19 and I love my 21. They've both taken me far and wide and done the job very well.

The 23 is at another level. I freely admit that the initial plans looked like a confined disaster to me. I was really surprised by my first look in it. Just so much more spacious. Much more of a different feeling of space between a 19 and a 21.

Then there's the scoot vrs. climb over discussion. I've never been a big fan of either. I'm at an age where I looked at the twin beds and wished I could have them in a 21. Unlike the island Queen layout the twins still retain all the overhead storage as well as having easy access.

We cook the majority of our food inside the trailer. The kitchen counter is larger than some condos.

Dry bath was never an attraction for me. 40 plus years of wet baths haven't been a problem.

I spent some time in it yesterday looking at a couple of specific details. Still had the same wow appeal opening the door.

So, yes, feels much more spacious and it is. Too bad the 21C is probably my last trailer.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 08:44 AM   #123

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Great to read your take on 23’! We are still getting used to driving 5.0 TA but it behaves very nicely on the road. Not sure if we will ever be ready for a pull behind.

As for Karl’s departure, senior managers leave/are asked to leave all the time. It rarely has an impact on the day-to-day operations, at least in the short-to-medium term. So, connecting Karl’s departure with delays in deliveries is simply confusing correlation with causation.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 08:51 AM   #124

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
The Long Goodbye.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 09:34 AM   #125

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
Yesss... Long goodbyes for good folks.

Delayed deliveries and slow production is nothing new here. It's the nature of the beast...... It's a small business pumping out a great product for a high demand volume...... This is not a GM / FORD / DODGE / TESLA plant... It's ETI doing the best they can as a small business with fantastic people.....

Cheers.... and Happy Trails......
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 08:46 PM   #126

Trailer: 2024 21NE F2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Thanks for asking, I was thinking that someone might ask that question.

The answer is a definite no. I'm just a two time Escape owner who looks at the big picture. Lot's of prior f.g. fabrication experience, a 40 plus year interest in f.g. trailers and an interest in problem solving.

Ron
Thank you for your understanding of the questions, and for replying.
Don Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 09:03 PM   #127

Trailer: 2024 21NE F2
You could be the next President of Escape Trailers
https://ca.linkedin.com/jobs/view/pr...ies-3643364914
Don Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 10:02 PM   #128

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Notice the emphasis on preparing the company for resale
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 10:17 PM   #129

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
I'm so glad I have my forever Escape.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 11:55 PM   #130

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
I'm so glad I have my forever Escape.
Same here, but my sentiment has nothing to do with the inevitable continuing evolution of the company since I made the purchase

Wishing the best for Karl and all the folks at ETI (some say it can't be bought but he and they delivered happiness to me).
Old 06-29-2023, 01:41 AM   #131

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
They are asking for a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business administration, while "RV industry interest and knowledge would be considered an asset." The priorities are pretty clear. I don’t think Reace would meet their requirements.

I don't envy the future owner who will be trying to make a go of it while paying off the cost of the purchase.
Old 06-29-2023, 05:36 AM   #132

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Several years ago I was hired on a one year gig to do a similar job for a small company that was part of a large conglomerate. Although my role was not publicized as such. I was hired as the VP of Sales & Marketing. Not even the President of the division new my role. He never understood why the CEO hired me and said he was only told I had free rein and no budget constraints.

I didn't do anything magical. I just spruced up the places that looked like they would stand out to a new owner. Revised production methods, purchased some new tools, expanded the sales team, bought some advertising, cost savings program, etc. Think of it as sweeping out an old barn to host a wedding. It's still an old barn but.......

At the end of my one year gig we sold the company. Today it is still in the hands of the group we sold it to and doing good.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 06:35 AM   #133

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
They are asking for a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business administration, while "RV industry interest and knowledge would be considered an asset." The priorities are pretty clear. I don’t think Reace would meet their requirements.

I don't envy the future owner who will be trying to make a go of it while paying off the cost of the purchase.
Hi: Civilguy... IMHO, KV wants their new guy to have everything and a "Satchel" full of $$$$'s for luggage to boot!!! It's hard these days to "Buy the Farm" and pay for it from the business proceeds. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 06:46 AM   #134

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion42 View Post
When you say an inspection is no longer allowed are you saying that I couldn't go up early and check out the trailer before paying (and waiting a few days for payment to clear to pick up the trailer)?
when I purchased my trailer, Trailer had to be paid in full 30 days before delivery. Going up ahead of time for inspection was not possible as border was closed.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 08:23 AM   #135
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Notice the emphasis on preparing the company for resale
Well, as they say in the biz, "If you don't like change, you're gonna hate extinction."
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 03:03 PM   #136

Trailer: WTB: E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post

Interesting that they still reference Northern Lite and Off Grid on the Ineed posting...I see that TriWest Capital Acquires Northern Lite Truck Campers And Off Grid Trailers in Sept 2022. So KV capital divested yet the Escape position description still references that KV owns them. Seems somewhat deceptive as the Indeed post was just 6 days ago.
Old 06-29-2023, 04:42 PM   #137

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Interesting comparison to Scamp and ETI. Both started out as a mom and pop operation. While Scamp did very little product development over the years ETI developed several new models and sizes and grew by leaps and bounds.

I guess it's a business reality these days that if a mom and pop operation grows into a much larger more diversified operation it's going to be operated a little differently. More hard edged business than mom and pop operations.

Personally I can't complain, I'd rather have my 21C than a Scamp 16.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 11:53 PM   #138
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Went to Escape on Wednesday morning. 6/28
Had a very enjoyable visit with Linda. She also showed us the new 23, it has some really nice features, Linda says there may still be some changes and optional features.

The 23 counter is long and has a lot of work space. The microwave is below and awkward to access (possible change) The trailer is wider so feels really big. The way the dinette is in the demo model it will not work as a bed (possible change) . Linda says they’ve had some really good suggestions from folks viewing it.

Nick showed us our new 5th wheel. He took his time explaining things. He even took the time to go back inside to find an answer to one question I had that he wasn’t sure of. Everyone we meet at Escape was very welcoming. For that matter it felt like everyone we meet in Canada was polite, which may have been more to do with us being in a good mood and excited about our 5th wheel. But all the Canadians we meet were nice.

Escape delivered the trailer to Bob’s Burger in Sumas WA. We camped that evening at Silver Springs campground (nice camp ground) about 25 minutes away and spent the next few hours checking all the appliances and fit and finish, the trailer looks great.

We are looking forward to more camping.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 12:25 AM   #139

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Welcome to the Bob’s Burger trailer club! Time to update your profile!

The longer we’ve had ours, the more we’ve grown to like it.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:18 PM   #140

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
They are asking for a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business administration, while "RV industry interest and knowledge would be considered an asset."
Wow. I meet the minimum qualifications to lead ETI! Eh!