Photo mock-up and floorplan for new 5.0 - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #51

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Same dinette as the 21, right? From my build sheet:
"Custom Fabric (Single Fabric $100, Additional Fabrics $50/each) 5.6m or 6.1yds * Please note fabrics with a repeating pattern will require the amount to be doubled"
Might take a little more tho', I think the fifth wheels need an extra window valance in the bedroom.

paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm moments from pulling the trigger on the fabric. I know some don't care for browns... me either, really. But, I've camped in my current trailer for almost 11 years. And, although I'm a clean person and am careful about what and where I sit... the cushions in my trailer are looking a bit... dirt colored . So I figure what the heck, no white (anything) and stay with something where dirt and dust doesn't show (much).

This is my choice and it's Sunbrella ON SALE. I figure I'll order 14 yards (its 54 inches wide and repeats every 8.87" for a total of $307.30 (plus shipping) if there's anything left over I can always make pillows for the bed area. And if it turns out it's not enough there's enough different colors I can figure out someway to contrast the valances.

OMG, I think I'm committing to buying a new 5er
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FabricPhoto.jpg (25.6 KB, 30 views)

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #53
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
sharp looking, hope to see you at next years Escape rally in your new 5th I think the post right before yours mentions about half that amount in yards is needed.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #54

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
It looks great and, you're right, you can pull several colors out of it for contrast. I love it!
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #55
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
sharp looking, hope to see you at next years Escape rally in your new 5th I think the post right before yours mentions about half that amount in yards is needed.
Yep Jim, I saw that... but then saw this:
* Please note fabrics with a repeating pattern will require the amount to be doubled" and the fabric I've picked out repeats every 8.87" The devil is in the details!

And, if the new 5.0 is like the new 21'... it won't be available until Fall of 2014... which means the earliest I'd attend an Escape Rally in my new 5.0 is June (??) of 2015..
Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #56

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
Looks nice Donna! One question I have about customizing fabric and Formica -is it possible to have a different color/pattern for the floor vinyl?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #57
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yep Jim, I saw that... but then saw this:
* Please note fabrics with a repeating pattern will require the amount to be doubled" and the fabric I've picked out repeats every 8.87" The devil is in the details!

And, if the new 5.0 is like the new 21'... it won't be available until Fall of 2014... which means the earliest I'd attend an Escape Rally in my new 5.0 is June (??) of 2015..
If I know Reace, he will have a prototype in June of next year, just like this year for the 21', he had one made for the rally and deliveries will not be until fall of this year.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
Looks nice Donna! One question I have about customizing fabric and Formica -is it possible to have a different color/pattern for the floor vinyl?
Yes, but like everything that's not standard it comes at a cost. Tammy and Reace do everything they can to hold that down, but when a customer wants something different and... let's say the "hallway" gets a knife cut during the build... the manufacturer eats that. There's a thread here somewhere where someone picked out really expensive vinyl... like 2 to 3 times as expensive as the stock. They're pleased as punch... but boy $$.

Actually, I think the vinyl that's stock isn't bad. Besides... I like throw rugs I'd rather spend my bucks on "hard" costs... like solar or outside shower, or maybe... an oven. YMMV

And you can pick any formica you want... as long as it's Formica "brand." I think there's a $50 () upcharge if you want something other than stock. But you get want you WANT!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #59

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Yes, custom vinyl can be pricey. Escape pays about $6 per square meter of vinyl (an unbelievably low price!) and the customer picks up the difference between their product and the custom product (multiplied by the number of square yards/meters required). In my case for the 15A, it came to over $400 in upcharge, but I am very pleased with my choice.

I have to admit that I didn't realize what a good deal Escape had on their vinyl so got quite the sticker shock when the bill came in for my choice. But it's done and I'm kind of glad I didn't know at the time.
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #60
Site Team

ooooh Karen, it was YOU. I knew I had read it somewhere here. But you know what... that's a one-and-done and it will last you forever if you take care of it. And knowing you have a 15A that is uniquely your own, truly means something. (this from a woman who owns a 1988 trailer with ORIGINAL carpet...ick, ick, ick.)