What's Out Your Back Window? - Page 12 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Trailer: 5.0TA Jan. 2015, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Posts: 120
Wow, that sounds wonderful Adrian.
We've got about -24C at home here today, in excess of 50 difference.
Enjoy.
__________________

__________________
Lyle
iamunique127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #112
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Actually outside our rear side window here in Mercedes TX, out the back window is lots of trees on a ranch where we hear cows mooing It's going to be 28C here today, much much warmer than at home.

Adrian and Beth
currently enjoying the Rio Grande Valley
Sounds great Adrian. Hope you're enjoying the Valley. Speaking of Grapefruit, if you haven't done so, make sure to pick up some Texas Ruby Reds. Best citrus in the world is right where you are.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #113
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Speaking of Grapefruit, if you haven't done so, make sure to pick up some Texas Ruby Reds. Best citrus in the world is right where you are.
Gotta love modern transportation, I have half a Texas Ruby Red every morning What a change from the sour, sugar needed, grapefruit of yesteryear.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #114
Senior Member
 
emers382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Emerson, Manitoba
Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0, 2015 F150 2.7EB
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Sounds great Adrian. Hope you're enjoying the Valley. Speaking of Grapefruit, if you haven't done so, make sure to pick up some Texas Ruby Reds. Best citrus in the world is right where you are.
That tree is not a ruby red but there is one just a few trailers down, the park has lots of fruit trees just help yourself. A neighbour brought us over a lemon the other day, must have been seven inches around, taking us days and days to use it up. We are loving this very friendly park

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #115
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 10,549
You guys in Texas may like this link, taken from FGRV post
http://www.buzzfeed.com/javiermoreno...ate#.ijnk6V5xN
__________________
Jim
never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #116
Senior Member
 
emers382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Emerson, Manitoba
Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0, 2015 F150 2.7EB
Posts: 474
Thanks Jim, we had seen that on FG forum. There is a lot more of this big state for us to see, of those 25 pics we only saw Dallas and Austin and there was awful traffic in both

On a different subject have you easterners decided on date and location for 2nd annual Eastern rally? We are going to Alf's Niagara one and wondering whether to stay longer before returning west.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:40 PM   #117
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 5,596
Thanks for the link Jim. Also, don't play golf where I do -- nothing much to see. And never camp at Garner -- about an hour west of us. Featureless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg la_cantera_920.jpg (105.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg _header_SanAntonio-VTO-aerial.jpg (93.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg GARNER-SP_3950_HDR.jpg (253.8 KB, 23 views)
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #118
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 10,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Thanks Jim, we had seen that on FG forum. There is a lot more of this big state for us to see, of those 25 pics we only saw Dallas and Austin and there was awful traffic in both

On a different subject have you easterners decided on date and location for 2nd annual Eastern rally? We are going to Alf's Niagara one and wondering whether to stay longer before returning west.

Adrian
Nothing yet, I was hoping someone else may take the reins, if not I may have to, we will see.
__________________
Jim
never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #119
Senior Member
 
LeonW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Posts: 911
two views out the back window

The first one is from the St. Clair Winery in Deming, NM. We found out about them through the Harvest Hosts program. The campsite was free, but not the half case of wine that we bought. We continue to think the Harvest Host stuff is a lot of fun, and highly recommend them.

The second photo is from Gilbert Ray Campground, in Tucson Mountain County Park just to the west of Tucson. A very nice county park with lots of hiking trails, and convenient to the Saguaro National Park and the Sonora Desert Museum. It is nice looking out the back window and seeing the Saguaro "forest". WE have taken several little nature hikes in the last few days, and I am gaining more appreciation for the desert. The high here today is supposed to be close to 20 C, with wind and a good chance of showers. But better than the snow expected in St. Paul today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stClairWinery.jpg (36.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg gilbertRay.jpg (61.4 KB, 14 views)
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #120
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
The second photo is from Gilbert Ray Campground, in Tucson Mountain County Park just to the west of Tucson. A very nice county park with lots of hiking trails, and convenient to the Saguaro National Park and the Sonora Desert Museum. It is nice looking out the back window and seeing the Saguaro "forest". WE have taken several little nature hikes in the last few days, and I am gaining more appreciation for the desert.
Nice photos Leon. But, if you go to Tucson in July or August, I don't know if your "appreciation for the desert" will hold up.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.