Expecting a 21, mid-September - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 AM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Mary,
The front window option eliminates the bed headboard shelf inside, a very handy item to have while sleeping. In addition it is off center on the outside, some may see it as somewhat askewed?

Old 04-22-2015, 08:39 AM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The 21' is my second favorite ETI build. Love my 5er! Adding a front window to the 21' is a tough decision. Glad I didn't have to make it. Frankly, I don't see any usefulness except extra light. The only way to look out the window is to be on the bed on your hands and knees. It's too far away to see much of anything from the foot of the bed or other areas. And the visual from the front exterior just doesn't have the clean unbroken lines of the 21' without the window. And, I'm a visual person. Like I said, I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape 21
We opted to do over the bed cubbies and absolutely love them! I think they were the first ones to be done. And we also added an extra wardrobe over the drawers..you can kind of see that in the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg over the bed cubbies.jpg (149.8 KB, 85 views)
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:58 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tash View Post
We opted to do over the bed cubbies and absolutely love them! I think they were the first ones to be done. And we also added an extra wardrobe over the drawers..you can kind of see that in the picture.
How did you do your mattress cover? Looks very neat and tidy.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
How did you do your mattress cover? Looks very neat and tidy.
Thank you! We used customized fabric, so we ordered extra fabric for the cover and Escape made the cover for us.
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Mary,

Love your fabric and formica! Great choices. I think, for me, that was one of the hardest decisions to make and I really didn't know how it would turn out until we picked up the trailer! I agree with Donna, the front window being offset would drive me crazy and inside the bed area doesn't seem as cozy. To each his own though, it's sooo much and it's all good!

Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
What may be cozy to some, may be confining and claustrophobic to others. The more windows the better for someone like me. But that's what is great about Escape trailers...to each his own.
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:33 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Yeah, every bit of info I had said it would slide front to back. Thought that all u-shaped dinettes had that. My next mod will be to replace the two poles with a gas operated telescoping single pole. Gonna wait until we install Allure flooring though. That way we can cover up the mounting holes from the original pole bases.
Thanks for info on this, build should start soon for me and I was expecting table to slide front to back. Contacted ETI today to put in my preference for this option.

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #29

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The 21' is my second favorite ETI build. Love my 5er! Adding a front window to the 21' is a tough decision. Glad I didn't have to make it. Frankly, I don't see any usefulness except extra light. The only way to look out the window is to be on the bed on your hands and knees. It's too far away to see much of anything from the foot of the bed or other areas. And the visual from the front exterior just doesn't have the clean unbroken lines of the 21' without the window. And, I'm a visual person. Like I said, I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision.
Yes, Donna (and Jim, too) - those are all reasons we didn't think we'd bother with the front window. You (of all people) know I've never thought it a priority to have a view of the back of our tow vehicle; thus, I've always seen it as a plus that our Casita does not have a window across the front. And I like that narrow shelf at the head of the bed in the 21; seems perfect for charging a phone, stashing reading glasses for the night, etc. But now that I've seen it both ways, I find that adding daylight in the front of the 21, adjacent to the bath-closet, makes for a beautiful space. It opens up the whole room. I should've taken a picture...
Old 04-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Thanks for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tash View Post
Ah, the cubbies do look good - thanks for posting the pic. I see that you have a stooge table on your drawer stack, which looks important since you added the extra wardrobe.

Huge disappointment for us is the size of the mickeywave cabinet. I had wanted to use the oven we already have in that space - but there is no way it will fit.. I wonder if moving the wardrobe to the drawer stack would give us a different option for configuring a better (bigger) cabinet for the microwave... One reason I like the one we have is we leave it at home when we'll be off the grid.