Off-build sheet options - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2017, 03:34 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISeyes View Post
Hi Everyone,

Our build sheet is complete and now we're reading about ez winterizing and toilet water shutoff, what the what!!! Is toilet shut off a must have and why? How about ez winterizing

Thanks
I brought up the toilet shut off many times from years ago when we had a cracked valve even though we had winterized according to instructions. Cost us over $100. As said, you can continue to use your water, while not using the toilet if some leak occurs --- and pour water down by hand possibly. We had a little delay in a trip while having a shop pull the toilet and fix it. The winterizing instructions and situation changed after that when others had the same occur.

Need EZ winterizing also. Makes it very easy.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:40 PM   #42
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I brought up the toilet shut off many times from years ago when we had a cracked valve even though we had winterized according to instructions.
Yep, I remember that discussion Cathy. You and others feedback is the reason we had the toilet shut off installed during the build - under the driver side dinette bench. Worth it in my mind for the ease of maintenance if we ever have to pull the toilet or fix a leak.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 06:04 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I had the amber porch light cover. If it has any effect on mosquitoes, it would be because it's so dim they can't see the door. I know I couldn't see the lock, or the step. I switched back to white.
If you normally attract mosquitoes, they'll rely on you to lead them to the trailer.
I've just reread this response and it just made my day, I hope it was meant to be funny, cuz I laughed my a$$ off. Thank you.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:04 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Yep, I remember that discussion Cathy. You and others feedback is the reason we had the toilet shut off installed during the build - under the driver side dinette bench. Worth it in my mind for the ease of maintenance if we ever have to pull the toilet or fix a leak.

Uh, oh, guess I am miffed here. I supposed that ours is right at the toilet. Yours is under the bench. Wondering now about ours. Will have to check that. Thought I saw it at the toilet. Of course, your bench is right there. Our shut-off would presumably have to be in the bathroom.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Uh, oh, guess I am miffed here. I supposed that ours is right at the toilet. Yours is under the bench. Wondering now about ours. Will have to check that. Thought I saw it at the toilet. Of course, your bench is right there. Our shut-off would presumably have to be in the bathroom.
At first we were told they could not install a toilet shut off on the 19, precisely because there was no room behind the toilet for it. Later, I suppose some buyers pointed out that there was room under the bench where the water lines exited the bathroom. So, Escape contacted us to confirm that it could indeed be installed and would be located under the driver side dinette bench.

At least that's my recollection of events. Dunno, could be going senile. [emoji1]

Old 06-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
At first we were told they could not install a toilet shut off on the 19, precisely because there was no room behind the toilet for it. Later, I suppose some buyers pointed out that there was room under the bench where the water lines exited the bathroom. So, Escape contacted us to confirm that it could indeed be installed and would be located under the driver side dinette bench.

At least that's my recollection of events. Dunno, could be going senile. [emoji1]

Yes, I figured there was a lack of space for it on the 19' and recall now someone, probably you, mentioning the bench.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:57 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
My 21 had it in the bathroom, behind the toilet, my 19 has it under the dinette seat, behind the bathroom. Both will perform the same purpose.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #48
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
You won't care where it's located as long as you can get to it. On the 5.0TA, the toilet shut off is accessed outside in the same hatch as the switches for the front jacks.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You won't care where it's located as long as you can get to it. On the 5.0TA, the toilet shut off is accessed outside in the same hatch as the switches for the front jacks.
Yup. Know where it is, in case you hear drip drip or worse.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:01 AM   #50

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 'Irvy'
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
As added to our 2017 21', the "Winterizing T-Valve" ($35 CAD when we ordered) is a valve on the input side of the water pump with a long hose. Place the hose down inside a jug of RV antifreeze, turn the valve, and it lets you simply suck the pink RV antifreeze out of the jug to circulate throughout the RV's water system. Adding an outside hatch to the rear driver's side gives easy access to this (and all the electronics back there). The "Toilet Shut-Off Valve" ($25 CAD) lets you shut off water to the toilet only, so that if you have a toilet problem, or just need to work on it, you can shut off water to the toilet only and keep using water throughout the rest of the camper.
Thanks for the visual War Eagle Did you or ETI install the outside hatch?
ISeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #51

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 'Irvy'
Quote:
I brought up the toilet shut off many times from years ago when we had a cracked valve even though we had winterized according to instructions. Cost us over $100. As said, you can continue to use your water, while not using the toilet if some leak occurs --- and pour water down by hand possibly. We had a little delay in a trip while having a shop pull the toilet and fix it. The winterizing instructions and situation changed after that when others had the same occur.

Need EZ winterizing also. Makes it very easy.
Hi Float 5. Thank you for letting all know about your experience, they all remembered and are still passing along this recommened addition to new builds. Hopefully this doesn't happen to us but we'll be prepared having the shut off installed, again, THANKS TO YOU
ISeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #52

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISeyes View Post
Thanks for the visual War Eagle Did you or ETI install the outside hatch?
We had ETI install the rear driver's side hatch during build for $150 CAD (about $112 USD at the time). It's keyed the same as the front hatch. With the combined storage space of the standard driver's side front hatch (for our water hoses and such) and the additional storage space of the added driver's side rear hatch (for our wheel chocks, electrical cords and such), we did not feel the need for, nor did we order, the front utility box (a $700 CAD option at the time ($525 USD)). Without the utlility box on the tongue, we are currently looking at that available space (~16" between the front of the camper and the propane tank cover) to mount a tray-style bicycle rack. 1UP-USA has told us their Roof Rack single bike tray should be easy to mount to the tongue rails in that space. https://www.1up-usa.com/product/roof-rack/
We're still thinking about that one....
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09478.jpg   DSC09479.jpg   DSC09481.jpg  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:53 PM   #53

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Good thread to bring up again for anyone that is thinking out of the box. As we are finishing our 19 build sheet, here are the things that were not on the list that we have approved.
I wanted the electrical hatch moved but they will not do that. However at n/c they will not cut the hole and not install it. So then I can do what I want.
They will leave off the under bed doors so I can install them as drawers, along with the hardware. (As well as the handle on door below the fridge) Also they will not drill the holes for the hardware.
Since I will be raising the floor myself I asked that they not install the factory floor mounts so the screws would not go through the fiberglass as seen in the display model.
I asked them to not install the rear passenger hatch so I could install one that would match the others I will be installing. They said they could try, but no guarantees that it would not just happen. And you would not get the hatch or a credit.
They agreed not to install the words on the trailer and will give them to me for when the trailer goes up for resale. Still having the strips installed.
They will not relocate the motor vehicle decal near the drivers front corner so that I can put a hatch in that location. We all have seen these decals anywhere from in front of the wheels to above the belly band...but I guess there is now a photo record of it being in this location.
I am very happy with all the options they offered and the ones I asked for. The staff has been great checking to see just what they can do.
Good luck with any request you might have.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:55 AM   #54

You will always find something you wish you had done after completion. The nice thing about Escapes is that you can probably sell and purchase again without losing much money and you can then incorporate your upgrades. Even after 3 Escapes there are still items I would have done differently, it is the nature of things.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:28 PM   #55

Trailer: 2018 escape 21
what is it about the reversed sink/cooktop you love? thx
buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:33 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
what is it about the reversed sink/cooktop you love? thx
Not to speak for others, but others have previously mentioned on this forum that they prefer having the cook top within reach from the door while preparing meals. Just a personal choice for them. There may be other reasons, as well.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #57

I dropped the vent hood on my 19 and put the stove by the door and closer to the o/h fan for those reasons as well as keeping food odors away from the bed. It used to be n/c for this.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:55 PM   #58

Quote:
Not to speak for others, but others have previously mentioned on this forum that they prefer having the cook top within reach from the door while preparing meals. Just a personal choice for them. There may be other reasons, as well.
Not to speak for others (again!), but I think those who move the cook top to near the door often also add a counter top extension there at the entry door so people passing food in and out have a place to set it during the transfer. Just what I recall from previous posts....
Old 01-04-2018, 11:00 PM   #59
Site Team

Quote:
Not to speak for others (again!), but I think those who move the cook top to near the door often also add a counter top extension there at the entry door so people passing food in and out have a place to set it during the transfer. Just what I recall from previous posts....
I believe the extension is there standard. No need to add it.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:10 PM   #60

A counter extension was standard on our 19' but not on our 21'. Don't know if that is the same now.