Escape After Sales - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2023, 01:22 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz505 View Post
Karl, wherever you are, stay there.
I tried to give him a fair shake but lost faith in Karl based on the negligent handling of the Suburban SDS2 exploding cooktop debacle. The safety of customers was clearly not his priority and a recall was initiated only after the efforts of those on this forum. Escape knew those stoves were ticking time bombs and in some cases they went off. I'm speculating but I'd bet the ensuing lawsuits had something to do with his departure.
Old 10-25-2023, 03:21 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I tried to give him a fair shake but lost faith in Karl based on the negligent handling of the Suburban SDS2 exploding cooktop debacle. The safety of customers was clearly not his priority and a recall was initiated only after the efforts of those on this forum. Escape knew those stoves were ticking time bombs and in some cases they went off. I'm speculating but I'd bet the ensuing lawsuits had something to do with his departure.
Yeah, however he took his marching orders from KV Capital then likely became the fall guy if what you speculate is true. In any event it appears at least for now ETI is finally heading back in the right direction.
Old 10-25-2023, 04:11 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Quote:
We picked up our 5.0 in October of 2021. Everything seemed ok at the time and we drove it home, used it on a few camping trips in 2021 and 2022. The problems started about 1 year after, poor wiring thought out, refrigerator disconnecting, converted failed, maxx fan not working, thermostat did not operate, several other issues brought to the attention of ETI. I received NO RESPONSE from them, not even a "Go Away". After owning for 1 year that is unacceptible in any context. Karl, wherever you are, stay there.
Ours is also an October 2021 build although an E19.

Poor wiring: Every RV I have seen or owned does not have great wiring. So far ours has worked, but ETI seems much more responsive now if you would contact them. I have made wiring changes, but that was my choice.

Refrigerator, converter, maxx fan, thermostat are all third party vendors, not ETI. They are the same poor components used in all RV’s, and have their own manufacturer warranty. You need to contact the manufacturer. Most, except Dometic in my experience, will eventually take care of you, but it does take some effort and persistence.

I have done much to make my fridge work better. It has helped, but yes, I had to do it. It’s a Dometic after all, and could have been installed better.
Converter, most work, but WFCO has been known to have problems no matter the RV brand. There are drop in better options. This forum has threads that will walk you through the fairly simple change. I plan on upgrading mine at some point, but it does work.
Maxx Fan, mine suffered the board condensation death. Airexcel sent me a new one which I coated before replacing.
Thermostat. I intentionally got the simple mechanical one. It’s reliable, and I’m happy with it. The type has been in RV’s since at least the early 70’s, and I’ve never had to replace one. The digital option is none other than Dometic.

I don’t know what your other issues have been.

The biggest issue in my 2021 E19 has been the windows. Lippert finally stepped up after some effort on my part, but they still don’t work well. These are the first sliders I ever had issues with, and I am not sure yet how I am going to fix them. They were not manufactured by ETI, and, having removed them, the install seems fine.

I am not an ambassador, but I do think an Escape is about as good as you can do in the current RV market. I could have bought something else, and I have owned both higher and lower end RV’s.

You can obviously do what you want, but contacting third party manufacturers and trying ET’s new service department might help you resolve things so you can use and enjoy your trailer and use it reliably.

This forum is full of problem solving threads and the forum’s collective knowledge can be very helpful. One of the reasons I chose an Escape is this forum.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:10 PM   #24

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
We picked up our 5.0 in October of 2021. Everything seemed ok at the time and we drove it home, used it on a few camping trips in 2021 and 2022. The problems started about 1 year after, poor wiring though out, refrigerator disconnecting, converted failed, maxx fan not working, thermostat did not operate, several other issues brought to the attention of ETI. I received NO RESPONSE from them, not even a "Go Away". After owning for 1 year that is unacceptible in any context. Karl, wherever you are, stay there.
I must’ve had the same covid hire as you did, what a mess my electric was. Then with the limitations of their work from home crew, it really kept me busy. Finally I was referred to Dustin and he turned into a great resource.
At the time the covid mess was affecting many a business, still is, I can only imagine what craziness was going on in Canada.
I’m a little handy but with without the knowledge of people on here I would still be in the dark.
When you have a problem ask someone if they know of a solution, Bob G, Rubicon, Ron to name a few have forgotten more than many who work at RV shops.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:04 PM   #25
MVA

Trailer: 2017 E19
I guess we have been fortunate. We purchased our E19 prior to ETI ver. 2. We have had minimal issues; just basic maintenance needs. Broken plastic clips, etc. The only design defect has been the option of the external refrigerator fan (a 4" muffin fan cable tied to the refrigerator external fins). Within a month, we received an email from Tammy that Dometic had found the use of the fan in transit caused failure of the refrigerator electronics. I have since removed the fan.

I have not experienced the Maxxfan condensation death issue. As a preventive measure, what product/procedure have people used to coat the board?
MVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 12:14 AM   #26

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Conformal coating for circuit boards. Available in spray or brush on. Found at electronics places and Amazon.

One example:

https://www.amazon.com/MG-Chemicals-...8297187&sr=8-4
Old 10-26-2023, 01:15 AM   #27

Trailer: 2024 21NE F2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinVan View Post
Escape has made a policy change and will defiantly look after anything and everything. Please see my no longer an orphan post. Couldn't be happier.
Is it possible you meant to use the word "definitely" instead of "defiantly?"

Defiantly: in a defiant manner : in a way that is full of or shows a disposition to challenge, resist, or fight.

Definitely: in a definite way : in a way free of all ambiguity, uncertainty, or obscurity
Don Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 01:25 AM   #28

Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
Between autocorrect and my typing skills it's use wasn't possible but it's definitely what I wanted to use.
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 06:30 AM   #29

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I think that many of the “negative” sentiments expressed in this thread is the reason that many of us “Escape old-timers” cringed when it was revealed that Reace and Tammy were selling. Sure, there was a small amount of dissatisfaction in those days but in many cases they did their absolute best to ensure customer satisfaction. I also believe that Karl is not totally responsible for discontinuing after market service; I suspect he was under pressure from the parent company to increase revenue through increased sales. But I am overjoyed that ETI has brought back after market service even though at over 3,000 miles from Chilliwack, this service is too distant for my needs. Fortunately, I have had relatively few problems I could not handle, the exception being a failed Damn-etic RMD8555 when I was some 650 miles from home. Had to use a local RV shop to obtain and install a replacement.
Old 10-26-2023, 11:15 AM   #30
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVA View Post
I guess we have been fortunate. We purchased our E19 prior to ETI ver. 2. We have had minimal issues; just basic maintenance needs.
Same here. Our 2023 (Karl edition) 5.0 has been a dream. Just some basic design niggles such as lack of low point drains and the middle step doesn't open fully because it contacts the frame of the third step. Workmanship has exceeded my expectations especially with regards to carpentry and wire management. When compared to our previous Forest River product, the Escape is light years ahead in quality and customer service IMHO.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 12:04 PM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
Same here. Our 2023 (Karl edition) 5.0 has been a dream. Just some basic design niggles such as lack of low point drains and the middle step doesn't open fully because it contacts the frame of the third step. Workmanship has exceeded my expectations especially with regards to carpentry and wire management. When compared to our previous Forest River product, the Escape is light years ahead in quality and customer service IMHO.
We just had a couple look at our 2019 Escape 21C (we are Ambassadors). They had been looking at stickies on dealer lots. He's a carpenter, and was ecstatic: no comparison, he said; the Escape was far better built, not only the cabinetry but also the walls and storage compartments. I couldn't disagree!
Old 11-01-2023, 04:49 PM   #32

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVA View Post

I have not experienced the Maxxfan condensation death issue. As a preventive measure, what product/procedure have people used to coat the board?
Our 21C was completed in November 2019. We picked up in January 2020. (Reace was still doing work in the facility the day we picked up.)

In colder temps we were seeing intermittent Maxxfan operation due to condensation. Sometimes the fan would even come on by itself. Then it just quit working.

I contacted the manufacturer directly (not ETI), and they quickly sent an improved replacement board (no charge). Because we also have the solar package, I was concerned about possible overvoltage issues with the Maxxfan that some have discussed in the forum. Therefore, I installed a voltage limiting/regulating device when I installed the new board.

We haven't seen any other issues with the Maxxfan. I love my Maxxfan!

The only other issue has been some of the rear clearance lights are starting to lose individual L.E.D. elements. I just last week received new lights that require installation. Again, I ordered replacement lights from a vendor on eBay. Someone mentioned a 5-year warranty on the Maxxima lights , but I'm not sure it's worth pursuing a warranty replacement.

I love my Escape camper. It's "Goldilocks size:" not too small, not too big. I'm glad we ordered when we did: 2018. I think trailers built after ours seem to have more issues.
IMJ in FLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 12:41 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Okay I have been trying to wrap my head around this one for over a week now.

Here is my understanding. Not sure if this is all correct. Open for comments, like everything else.

1. Escape Trailer Inc. is for sale.
2. ETI is also without a permanent CEO/President.?.
3. ETI is looking for a new President.?.
4. The parent company to ETI is also for sale. Is this correct?
5. It looks like there has been a big change in employee positions that may positively affect customer relations.
6. All of these changes we seem to be seeing from ETI could also be wiped out by an incoming president that places a higher value on something else other than customer support.

My role in all of this? I am getting an ice-cream headache trying to figure out my relationship with ETI.

Am I a supported customer welcome to bring my trailer back for support issues, either under warranty or not?

Or am I a one time sale, never to be seen again, thank you very much? That is how I feel like I have been treated so far, and I have not found the staff to be very helpful when I have called in. Once they did not even call me back.

I do have several issues I would like to talk to them about, and maybe come up for modifications. Hell! I would like to just know how many watts I can safely get through the 12 volt system wiring. A USB-C adapter and a hungry device can easily place a demand of over 100 watts on the system. What is safe?

So when I hear talk of ETI warming up to customers, (I would like to say again, I have never experienced it once), I start thinking about ways to restart a relationship with ETI, in the interest of keeping my investment in mobile living intact.

I may be making too much of this as I have a tendency to run on the sensitive side of life. But I really would like a better relationship with the company that made my wonderful camper. I really do love this thing. And I am not opposed to running up to BC once in a while for a little tune up.

This has been bugging me for a few weeks. Maybe now I will feel better.
Oh boy, did you hit a nerve. I'm having a terrible problem with my Escape 5.0. I can't find out who the new President/CEO is.
Gumpdad714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 12:50 PM   #34

Quote:
I have given up on ETI. I ran into a friend this year who told me of defects in her class A motor home and their taking it back to the manufacturer for repairs. Too bad anyone needs to do that but at least she is able to do so. We do like our 5.0, I would not recommend it to someone looking to buy unfortunately. I will not persue issues with ETI again, I will live with the many defects and fix what I can. I took the cover off the spare tire and threw it away. No advertising from us!
Here too. Picked up our 5.0 in September, haven't been able to use it. Tanks registered at 96%, but overflowed and backed up into the shower pan, water leaked underneath the floors and it's been a disaster. Got zero help from support for 2 weeks, made a stink, they picked out an RV dealer to diagnose, who has a scandalous reputation. I've just received an email saying, in effect, there is no leak, everything is a okay. My trailer has festering water damage, and one month later they think sticking a dehumidifier in the trailer would take care of water under the floors. I can't get the CEO's name to complain - no one knows nothing. What an expensive mistake.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:16 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpdad714 View Post
... Tanks registered at 96%, but overflowed and backed up into the shower pan, water leaked underneath the floors and it's been a disaster.
Sorry you are having a bad experience with ETI. Hopefully it gets better for you.

To be clear, are you saying you received the trailer with tanks 98% full and they overflowed into the subfloor area? By your post, it is hard to understand the situation.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 01:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
Sorry you are having a bad experience with ETI. Hopefully it gets better for you.

To be clear, are you saying you received the trailer with tanks 98% full and they overflowed into the subfloor area? By your post, it is hard to understand the situation.
The tanks didn't come full, in prep for a camping trip, I filled to make sure all was working. When I was filling, the monitor read 96% but the gray tank overflowed, flooding the subfloor.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:28 PM   #37

Thanks for your encouragement, but it doesn't appear that it will get remedied. Escape advice - don't overfill your tanks, it could damage the trailer. I didn't overfill them on purpose, the gauges gave a false reading saying the tank was only 96% full, when it clearly was overfilling. The water is in between the floor and the bottom of the trailer - we all know what that means - mold, soft spots, water damage.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:43 PM   #38

Trailer: 21
Couple of things do you have the spray foam insulation underneath. If so your weep holes may be plugged up. If no insulation, check underneath for the weep hole n see if they are plugged up or have a cap over them. If no e are found use a very small drill bit n drill some to get the water to drain out. Hopes this helps
Old 11-15-2023, 02:18 PM   #39

I don't know if I have foam insulation, it's not listed on my build sheet, and I didn't specify when ordering.
Old 11-15-2023, 02:19 PM   #40

My great concern is the problem that caused the water leak has not, and won't be addressed, and I've had water sitting in between the bottom of the trailer and the floor for over a month.