Will 2017 production be sold out on April 1st 2016? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2016, 04:49 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Absolutely Laura couldn't agree more. I was referring to the small small chance of getting a calendar year 2016 completion date. As Brian expanded on.
Even though there is that likelihood, any new orders will be limited to the 2017 model. Processing both at the same time will not be all that time effective for them.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:19 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
If you get a slot in April and visit the factory in May there should not be any issue switching models.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:34 PM   #13
Site Team

be ready for exchange rate volatility (seems to change every time someone sneezes in OPEC)

I'll second this statement, my build sheet is already higher due to the rate change over the past 4 weeks.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
With all the interest being shown and the combinations of old and new models, I think it would be extremely entertaining to see a time lapse without sound of the Escape office on the first of April. Say all hours 10 in 2 minutes. I bet it would be zany.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:08 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
The chocolate consumption alone would be staggering.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #16
Site Team

I was planning on sending some Hershey chocolate the day before to get some brownie points...
Old 03-13-2016, 11:20 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I hope sales do well, but I'd be cautiously optimistic on it being similar to last years sales. There is some pent up demand since orders have been closed that will cause large initial volume, but there are a couple of wait and see issues long term. Last year most of the models were mid $20s US, mid $30s CA. We still don't have final pricing, but looks like they will be in the $30s US - $40s CA if you get good selection of options with the current exchange rate. Anytime you move a luxury item to a new pricing tier there will be waiting buyers who can no longer purchase, and some that won't become buyers because it's out of their economic feasibility to consider. Of course, if the exchange rate goes back over 40% like in Jan, they get back closer to last years pricing levels and that changes the whole dynamic. Then again, if the exchange rate falls into the 20's or teens, affordability gets even more challenging. Adding exchange rate roulette into the 2017 sales scenario makes it very difficult to predict how the response will go.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:26 PM   #18

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in Georgia View Post
Hi, all -
My wife and I are 98% sure we want to buy an Escape Travel trailer. We've previewed the Escape 19 and are planning to visit the factory in May 11.
I understand that April 1 Escape will start accepting orders for the 2017 production season. Two percent of me would like to place our order at the factory (I'd like to see the 5.0TA to be sure I want the 19)

Will that be too late? Will Escape sell capacity by then? Your thoughts?

Have you tried seeing a 21 in your area?
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:16 AM   #19

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If you get a slot in April and visit the factory in May there should not be any issue switching models.
I would certainly want to confirm with Escape before planning on being able to do a model switch for the same production slot.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:02 AM   #20

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I hope sales do well, but I'd be cautiously optimistic on it being similar to last years sales. There is some pent up demand since orders have been closed that will cause large initial volume, but there are a couple of wait and see issues long term. Last year most of the models were mid $20s US, mid $30s CA. We still don't have final pricing, but looks like they will be in the $30s US - $40s CA if you get good selection of options with the current exchange rate. Anytime you move a luxury item to a new pricing tier there will be waiting buyers who can no longer purchase, and some that won't become buyers because it's out of their economic feasibility to consider. Of course, if the exchange rate goes back over 40% like in Jan, they get back closer to last years pricing levels and that changes the whole dynamic. Then again, if the exchange rate falls into the 20's or teens, affordability gets even more challenging. Adding exchange rate roulette into the 2017 sales scenario makes it very difficult to predict how the response will go.
agree...would be interesting to know the perspective of potential Canadian purchasers and at what point the Canadian price is considered too high...this prospective USA buyer would probably consider other vendors if the exchange price hovers above $30K+ US as it would then unfortunately be considered an overpriced DIY trailer .

freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote