Ordering Lippert 4-Way Slider (DICOR) - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-05-2019, 05:39 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: alpharetta, Georgia
Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Posts: 362
Ordering Lippert 4-Way Slider (DICOR)

Hello All,
I just went through the PM's I received from those of you that want a Dicor slide. and counting myself I have 21 I think. TDF Texas I need to verify if you want one if so then yes I have the 21 that Donna had said . I plan to respond back to each of you.
Here is what I've decided to do, I felt comfortable buying an Escape because of the members of this forum, yes they make an excellent travel trailer but I know the wonderful, knowledgeable members on this forum are more then willing to help anyone on it. Now they might not all agree on everything but still know anything I needed help with I would just have to ask.
That being said I'm going to order these without asking for any upfront money from anyone, I'm even going to go out on a small limb and order 30 because I'm sure there will be future Escape owners that would like one once they find out about it.

I already sent an email letting him know how many I want to order and what I need to do to get the ball rolling. Will keep everyone updated and Donna THANKS again for your help with this.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
__________________

stratos175 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:53 AM   #2
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 8,492
You're welcome Steve. I just changed the title of this thread to match the Poll title. I hope that helps with Search
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 3,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
That being said I'm going to order these without asking for any upfront money from anyone, I'm even going to go out on a small limb and order 30 because I'm sure there will be future Escape owners that would like one once they find out about it.
You're a good man Steve. Thanks again for doing this.
__________________
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:41 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
LeonW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Posts: 1,063
Thanks Steve. By the time mine comes, it will be spring in the northland. Can't wait!
__________________
Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #5
Omi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Arcata, California
Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B
Posts: 19
Running to catch the train

We haven't even picked up our 17B on order and the conversations about the tables, pedestals, etc. have put us on alert that they are the weak link of the Escape features. I sure hope that there will be some future way to access these products that all the knowledgeable owners are pursuing. We've just got to pick up the trailer and spend some time in it to finally get on the train!


Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Hello All,
I just went through the PM's I received from those of you that want a Dicor slide. and counting myself I have 21 I think. TDF Texas I need to verify if you want one if so then yes I have the 21 that Donna had said . I plan to respond back to each of you.
Here is what I've decided to do, I felt comfortable buying an Escape because of the members of this forum, yes they make an excellent travel trailer but I know the wonderful, knowledgeable members on this forum are more then willing to help anyone on it. Now they might not all agree on everything but still know anything I needed help with I would just have to ask.
That being said I'm going to order these without asking for any upfront money from anyone, I'm even going to go out on a small limb and order 30 because I'm sure there will be future Escape owners that would like one once they find out about it.

I already sent an email letting him know how many I want to order and what I need to do to get the ball rolling. Will keep everyone updated and Donna THANKS again for your help with this.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:01 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi View Post
We haven't even picked up our 17B on order and the conversations about the tables, pedestals, etc. have put us on alert that they are the weak link of the Escape features.

You haven't missed a thing. If you had a 19, 21 or 5.0 on order you might have a use for the pedestal and sliders discussed.
The 17B has a two seat dinette at the front and the table slides from side to side to make entry and exit to the bench easier.
You could perhaps use the pedestal and slider at the rear, if you don't mind setting up and putting away your bed on a daily basis. The posts for our rear dinette reside in the rear bench day and night/365. The table remains in the bed position.
If you were to use it as a bed at night and dinette by day, you have to figure out where you are going to store the pillows and bedding during the day. We tried it on one trip.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:35 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
tdf-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Baytown, Texas
Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - since 1/9/2017
Posts: 1,462
Thanks, but I already have a Dicor slide.
__________________
If It Isn’t Perfect, It Isn’t Finished
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mid Left Coast, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Posts: 1,489
so what exactly is this dicor/lippert 4-way slider ? this is for the rear dinette table on a E21, to replace the side-to-side slider?
__________________
2014 Escape 21 (home away from home)
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4 (tug)
1993 Mercedes 300CE Cabriolet (daily driver)
2006 Yellow Lab (Maggie... RIP Feb 2019 )
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:02 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
arniesea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
so what exactly is this dicor/lippert 4-way slider ? this is for the rear dinette table on a E21, to replace the side-to-side slider?
Yes, it slides side to side as well as forward and back. Most people that have the 4-way also have the u-shaped dinette on the 19', 21' or 5.0. They also often have the Springfield telescoping base. (The Springfield base allows rotation as well.)

I'm going to try it on a regular full-size table with the Springfield base in my new 5.0. I want to keep the full size table but pull it away from the wall enough to rotate it 90 degrees and push it tight to the wall. Will keep all posted on how that works once I have the trailer and all the parts.
__________________
- Arnie & Paula
- Kizzy the rat terrier
- 2019 5.0 TA, 2017 Tundra Platinum.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:19 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Gimli, Manitoba
Trailer: 5.0 ta
Posts: 2
It would be great if someone going to The Osoyoos rally could have one to show everyone
GimliGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:22 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mid Left Coast, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Posts: 1,489
So, these fancy lift pillars, what model/make, and how much do they cost? When I googled them, I kept finding these $$$$$$ high end luxo yacht outfitters...
__________________
2014 Escape 21 (home away from home)
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4 (tug)
1993 Mercedes 300CE Cabriolet (daily driver)
2006 Yellow Lab (Maggie... RIP Feb 2019 )
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:59 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 3,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
So, these fancy lift pillars, what model/make, and how much do they cost? When I googled them, I kept finding these $$$$$$ high end luxo yacht outfitters...
Many have used the Springfield 1660230 because it lowers down to 12-3/4" which is sufficient to make the dinette table into a bed. These are a marine item and are very well made...and yes a bit pricey. Some wait for a 20% discount code on Overton's but I don't see this particular model on their site right now. Lebroc is probably your best bet.

https://www.llebroc.com/product-p/spr-1660230.htm
__________________
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Glacier, Washington
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Posts: 58
Dicor slider dimensions

Where can I obtain the specs for the Dicor 4 way slider...does it have the same sliding travel distance as the Escape plastic slider at least in one direction?
sprinkledavid@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 3,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkledavid@gmail.com View Post
Where can I obtain the specs for the Dicor 4 way slider...does it have the same sliding travel distance as the Escape plastic slider at least in one direction?
No good information online. Maybe someone that has the Dicor can measure and give us an idea of the distance it will slide in either direction. I have been told it slides more side-to-side than the stock plastic slider.
__________________
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:43 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mid Left Coast, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Posts: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Many have used the Springfield 1660230 because it lowers down to 12-3/4" which is sufficient to make the dinette table into a bed. These are a marine item and are very well made...and yes a bit pricey. Some wait for a 20% discount code on Overton's but I don't see this particular model on their site right now. Lebroc is probably your best bet.

https://www.llebroc.com/product-p/spr-1660230.htm
hmm, those have a 12-28" range per at least one site... my table is 32" high, 28 seems too low. at bed height, the table bottom is 17" but I guess the slider assembly takes some vertical space, plus you use a board to mount it on...
__________________
2014 Escape 21 (home away from home)
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4 (tug)
1993 Mercedes 300CE Cabriolet (daily driver)
2006 Yellow Lab (Maggie... RIP Feb 2019 )
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #16
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,769
I had to build up the Springfield to bring the table height up to normal, think I have a pair of 3/4 squares on to pf the standard Springfield mounting plate, plus the plastic ETI slide. If you want the exact makeup let me know and I'll wade through the mud and take a picture.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
arniesea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
hmm, those have a 12-28" range per at least one site... my table is 32" high, 28 seems too low. at bed height, the table bottom is 17" but I guess the slider assembly takes some vertical space, plus you use a board to mount it on...
Mine is sitting in a box downstairs waiting for my trailer to be built. I just measured it. In the low setting it is 13" high. When fully extended it is 28-1/8" high.

We would need someone who already has the 4-way slide installed to measure the thickness of the slide. Looking at past pictures it appears to me about 1.5 inches but that is really just a wild guess.

(I think all the Escape owners with the current units are at Quartzite!)
__________________
- Arnie & Paula
- Kizzy the rat terrier
- 2019 5.0 TA, 2017 Tundra Platinum.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:57 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 3,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
Mine is sitting in a box downstairs waiting for my trailer to be built. I just measured it. In the low setting it is 13" high. When fully extended it is 28-1/8" high.

We would need someone who already has the 4-way slide installed to measure the thickness of the slide. Looking at past pictures it appears to me about 1.5 inches but that is really just a wild guess.
The slide thickness doesn't count towards the overall height if you mount it up inside like several have done. Nevertheless, I don't see the issue because a standard table is 28-30" from floor to table surface. With just the standard Springfield pedestal and the thickness of the table you are right there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg springfield with dicor slide.jpg (173.0 KB, 109 views)
__________________
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
arniesea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
The slide thickness doesn't count towards the overall height if you mount it up inside like several have done. Nevertheless, I don't see the issue because a standard table is 28-30" from floor to table surface. With just the standard Springfield pedestal and the thickness of the table you are right there.
Dave, Thanks for the picture! I had not seen the Springfield / Dicor combo used on a full size table yet. If you rotate it 90 Degrees and push it toward the wall, does it have enough travel to go up tight to the wall? or is there a bit of a gap?

I was also worried about the weight of a full size table but that looks clearly robust enough! Thanks again for the picture!
__________________
- Arnie & Paula
- Kizzy the rat terrier
- 2019 5.0 TA, 2017 Tundra Platinum.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimliGuy View Post
It would be great if someone going to The Osoyoos rally could have one to show everyone
As mentioned on another thread on the topic, mine will be there. Have had it for 3 years now.
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×